|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Portrayed by||Anthony Montgomery|
|First appearance||November 6, 2015|
|Last appearance||December 17, 2019|
|Created by|| Shelly Altman|
|Introduced by||Frank Valentini|
|Born|| June 3, 1980|
Brooklyn, New York
|Occupation|| Former Psychiatrist at GH|
Former WSB Asset
|Residence|| Metro Court Hotel|
1420 Quartz Lane
Port Charles, New York
He has been portrayed by actor Anthony Montgomery since the character's debut on November 6, 2015.
Montgomery later departed the role on December 15, 2017 after being moved to recurring status, but has made periodic returns ever since.
In September 2015, Soap Opera Digest reported that General Hospital had cast an African American actor for a "key role." The actor made quite an impression opposite one the show's popular leading ladies during his screen test.
Montgomery was best known for his role of Travis Mayweather Star Trek: Enterprise and had a brief stint on General Hospital in 2011 as Aaron.
Montgomery also had several prime time guest appearances on "Grey's Anatomy", "Baby Daddy", "House (TV series)" and "NCIS (TV series)".
Soaps In Depth reported that Jon Lindstrom (Kevin Collins) had only agreed to return to the series on a recurring basis and had already finished taping. To continue the story, the writers have Andre take over Anna Devane's (Finola Hughes) case from Kevin.
After being on recurring status, Montgomery was put on contract on December 3, 2015.
As of December 1, 2017, Montgomery was dropped back down to recurring status.
He was last seen on December 15, 2017 when the character was sent to prison.
On February 9, 2018, it was announced that Montgomery would returned to GH again when Anna pays him a visit in prison. He returned from February 15 to April 3, 2018.
On May 14, 2018, Soaps In Depth reported that Montgomery would make another return to GH after the actor teased his latest return on Instagram.. He returned from May 15-31, 2018.
Montgomery later made another return to GH from September 3-17, 2019 and made another appearance on October 14, 2019.
On November 22, 2019, Soaps.com announced that Montgomery will return to GH again during the week of November 25. He returned from November 28 to December 17, 2019.
Maddox is contacted by Dr. Kevin Collins to take over Anna Devane's case. However, Anna is hesitant because Andre is a stranger and clash during their first session. Anna ends up inviting him to Thanksgiving at Patrick house where he meets Patrick, Sam, Emma, and Danny. Shortly after he and Anna arrive there he is shocked to learn that Emma is Anna's granddaughter.
Days later he revealed to be Morgan's doctor to see if he is Bi-polar or not. He wants Morgan to take mood stabilizer and tells him that he needs to be monitor and that Bi-polar disorder does not go away but is treatable. Later Carly and Michael ask Dr. Maddox about Morgan but he cannot tell them since Morgan is an adult and did not sign off to do so, but he does tell them to keep open communication with Morgan.
He shows up on the pier while Anna is there. He asks Anna when she will be in therapy again since she has not been to another secession. He tells Anna that she has to deal with her guilt. Anna tells him that she doesn't need his services anymore. To which he replies if she doesn't come to therapy he will be forced to go to the police and tell them about Carlos. Anna gets angry about this were Maddox explains that the shooting is still tearing Anna up inside. Anna then replies but the man I thought I killed may not dead. Maddox asks Anna if there is some on PCPD that she doesn't trust. Anna tell him that she doesn't trust DA Paul Hornsby since he had the body the police found cremated and the reports show that the body was only shot twice and she shot Carlos four times. Later he tells Anna if "Paul is as dangerous as you say you need to be careful".
On January 6, he meets Jordan at Kelly's for a date but before he see Jordan Anna stops him and tells him she doing better and tries to introduce Jordan to him that when she realizes that he is at Kelly's for a date with Jordan. Then Anna tells Andre and Jordan to have fun as leaves to go to Robin and Patrick's house. Andre and Jordan talk and he talks about there date they had on New Year's. Later him and Jordan are discussing and planning a third date and they kiss outside of Kelly's.
On January 12, he gives therapy secession to Morgan for his bi-polar disorder.
Andre show up at the police station and gives Jordan a cup of coffee. Later on, he witnesses Jordan and Nathan interrogate Johnny Zacchara. After Jordan is done interrogating Johnny, her and Andre flirt with each other before he leaves to see a patient. The patient turns out to be Anna. It is also revealed that he and Robert Scorpio know each other. He and Anna talk about Carlos and his relationship to Sabrina, as a way to figure out where the two of them are.
On February 8, he and Anna run into each other at the Floating Rib. They discuss Anna's quest to find Carlos and how she is feeling alone now that Robin and Emma have left town. Later on, he cryptically says that "we all have trouble being alone sometimes". He meets Jordan for a date at the Floating Rib. Later, Jordan tells him that Curtis is her former brother-in-law and that they are not on good terms. Andre introduces himself to Curtis. Later on, when he continues his date with Jordon, he asks her if she will have a problem if Curtis does not leave town.
He show up at the PCPD and tells Jordan that she cannot put Morgan in a holding cell. Later on, he talks with Sonny and Carly about Morgan. Later on, he gets very angry with a nurse when he finds out Morgan is missing from his hospital room. Afterwards, he finds Morgan on the roof where he tries to stop him from committing suicide. He is able help stop him along with Sonny and Michael. The next day, Andre goes to the hospital chapel and runs into Anna. They talk about what happened on pier 54 during Alexis and Julian's wedding and if Anna thinks Paul is still going to hold something over Anna's head. Anna tells him that she's not sure but she knows that she has to get justice for Duke. Anna also says that she will probably go to jail. Andre says that their are a lot of people that would miss her.
In October 2017, Andre was revealed to be working with the people that kept a man with Jason Morgan's original face locked away in an institution, who soon escaped. On December 1, after getting arrested, he was forced to tell all: the man who everyone thought was Jason was really his long-lost twin, Andrew Cain and the man who escaped from the clinic was really Jason. It is later revealed that Andre developed a method of recording and transferring memories and used it to wipe Drew Cain's memories and replace them with his twin brother's, Jason Morgan. Andre was visited by Anna in mid-February 2018. Andre was arrested and incarcerated. He was released by the WSB in order to help in memory mapping. In May 2018, he promised Drew he would be willing to help him regain his memories if he finds the memory drive containing them.
On March 14, 2019, Andre visited Anna at the Metro Court and he learned that Anna was part of Dr. Arthur Cabot's original study of memory transfer between identical twins. He gives her and Finn everything he has on Cabot's study.
On August 21, Drew went to search for Andre in Ethiopia so he could get Andre to reverse Franco's memory transfer, which was done to him by Cabot under Shiloh's orders and caused Franco to believe that he is the Drew prior to 2012. However, on September 3, Andre was found unconscious and hospitalized at GH and Drew is nowhere to be seen.
On September 4, Epiphany revealed that Andre had been stabbed twice in the abdomen and nearly bled to death. Peter then walked into Andre's hospital room and started to tamper with his hospital equipment, giving him minor complications before sneaking out. Epiphany fixed Andre and he woke up, Andre told the story about his stabbing to Jordan, Jason, and Mac, telling them that upon return to PC, someone wanted to drive him to GH, but the driver (whom Andre thought was sent by Drew) stabbed him twice and ran off. Andre then said he had to drive himself to GH while bleeding out before noting that Drew never made it to Afghanistan.
On October 14, Andre was revealed to have recovered from his stab wounds and met with Peter August at Charlie's Pub and they discussed if Andre heard from Anna and they also discussed what would happen when Andre performs the memory mapping procedure on Franco to restore his memories. Eventually, after Peter left, Jason met with Andre and asked if he recognized a guy named Bryce Henderson and Andre thought he looked vaguely familiar, so Jason showed him another picture of Bryce with a beard and Andre recognized him as the man who stabbed him.
On November 28, Franco met with Andre at GH who examined him and Franco said it looked like mad science. Andre promised Franco that he will not go through with the procedure without his consent and that he could change his mind at anytime. Franco and Andre agreed that the procedure will be done tomorrow.
Andre later went to Anna's house and revealed that Franco decided to have the procedure reversed after all, much to Peter's dismay.
On December 9, Andre prepped Franco for the memory reversal procedure and presented a DNR because Franco did not want to be on life support if anything happened. After Andre administered the sedative, he began the procedure to remove the Drew memories but a man (David Black) dressed in scrubs came in with a gun. David was going to shoot Andre but before he could, Andre fought him in self-defense but was knocked out. David was going to eliminate Franco as well but Peter ended up coming into the room and he shot David. Anna found Andre and woke him up as Elizabeth was watching over Franco. Peter claimed that something didn't sit right with David, the man who was trying to kill Andre so he shot him in their defense. Eventually, the procedure was complete and Franco was moved to recovery.
On December 16, Andre updated Elizabeth and Cameron on Franco's condition and said that he has every reason to believe he will wake up but warned them that Franco had signed a DNR as to not be stuck on life support if anything went wrong. Andre later learned that David, the man who tried to kill him and Franco, did not make it. Eventually, Andre told Elizabeth and Cameron that Franco is closer to regaining consciousness. After Andre left the room, Franco woke up and it was revealed that the procedure had worked and that he is back to normal. Andre later came back and checked on Franco's vitals and told Franco to allow the memories to come back on their own. Andre later updated Finn, Anna and Peter that Franco's awake and that he is back to being "Franco" and is not "Drew" anymore.
- Conditioned Drew Cain into having his twin brother Jason Morgan's memories and into believing he was him under the orders of Cesar Faison [Jul 2012; revealed Nov 1, 2017; revealed to be under Faison's orders in 2018]
- Helped hold Jason captive in a clinic [Oct 2012-Oct 2017]
- Conspired to cover up the identities of the two Jason Morgans [Oct 2012-Oct 17; revealed Oct 2017; arrested on Nov 30, 2017 and released on Feb 23, 2018]
- Failed to advise Jordan that Curtis had called about a homicide (Andre didn't know the reason) [Nov 7, 2016]
- Faked Drew's death [revealed Oct 2017]
- Indirectly responsible for the hostage crisis at the Metro Court [Oct 26-27, 2017]
- Gave Franco a fake death certificate of Drew [Oct 30, 2017]
- Started a fight with Curtis [Nov 29, 2017]
- Assaulted David Black, a hit man sent to kill him by Peter August, in self-defense and fought with him [Dec 10, 2019]
Health and Vitals
- Slapped by Jordan Ashford [May 2, 2016]
- Briefly suspected of killing a patient but later cleared [Aug 29, 2016]
- Assaulted by Drew Cain [Dec 1, 2017]
- Stabbed twice in the abdomen by Bryce Henderson under the orders of Peter August and nearly bled to death [Sep 3, 2019; revealed on Sep 4, 2019; Peter's involvement revealed on Sep 10, 2019; Bryce's involvement revealed on Oct 14, 2019]
- Experienced minor complications after Peter snuck into his hospital room and tampered with his hospital equipment but woke up shortly afterwards [Sep 5, 2019]
- Nearly killed by and then knocked out by David Black, a hit man sent to kill him by Peter, after a fight [Dec 10, 2019]
- ↑ Seen on his passport November 14, 2017.
- ↑ This date and place of birth was seen on Andre's passport on November 14, 2017. However, since the passport contained an alias, the birth information may not be accurate either.
- ↑ GH CASTS NEW HUNK. American Media. Retrieved on October 22, 2015.
- ↑ GH HIRES NEW DOCTOR. American Media. Retrieved on October 22, 2015.
- ↑ Anthony Montgomery Joins 'General Hospital' as Dr. Andre Maddox. Retrieved on October 23, 2015.
- ↑ Anthony Montgomery To Make His General Hospital Debut As Dr. Andre Maddox!. Retrieved on October 23, 2015.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Has Andre Replaced Kevin?. 19. Bauer Media Group. November 23, 2015. p. 10.
- ↑ Anthony Montgomery. Retrieved on December 6, 2015.
- ↑ Listed in the credits with the recurring cast on December 1, 2017.
- ↑ "Anthony Montgomery Temporarily Off of General Hospital", Soaps.com, SheKnows Media, LLC, February 9, 2018. Retrieved on February 9, 2018.
- ↑ https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/abc/anthony-montgomery-andre-return-general-hospital-159974
- ↑ "Anthony Montgomery Returns to General Hospital as Andre Maddox", Soaps.com, SheKnows Media, LLC, March 8, 2019. Retrieved on March 8, 2019.
- ↑ https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/03/anthony-montgomery-returns-to-general.html?m=1