In Port Charles, there are five main mob families, with the Corinthos organization holding the most power in the city. Many law enforcement officials have come to Port Charles to try and shut this organization down and many enemies have tried to move in on their territory, but they always manage to fend off whoever is coming after them, whether it's the law or other enemies.
The Corinthos organization is also the city's main vigilante organization as they have been known to diffuse many dangerous crises and situations.
Sonny Corinthos arrived in Port Charles in 1993, and owned and operated a strip club before becoming Port Charles' most powerful mobster in the power struggles that followed Frank Smith's death. Sonny has become known for his relative benevolence compared to other mafia gangs and his donation of several million dollars was instrumental in setting up the Stone Cates Memorial Wing at General Hospital.
As of the late 2000s, Sonny Corinthos, now a crime mob kingpin, is known by all from the East Coast, including everyone in Port Charles, and most recently, Llanview, Pennsylvania and New Haven, Connecticut. He's been known for numerous crimes for a couple of decades and was never found guilty for any (due to his high level, successful attorneys, Jason Morgan covering up his crimes, and his bodyguards getting rid of evidence) as cops try harder to take him down but never succeeded.
Everybody in Port Charles knows who Jason Morgan is. He was born into wealth as Jason Quartermaine, the son of Dr. Alan Quartermaine and his mistress Susan Moore. He was later adopted by Monica Quartermaine. He was well liked, smart, and basically one of the only sane people ever to be born into the Quartermaine family. He was a medical student, planning to follow in the footsteps of his parents, but one fateful night changed all of that.
One night when he was trying to stop his brother A.J. Quartermaine from driving drunk he got in the car with him and they crashed leaving Jason permanently brain damaged with no memory of his life. He broke away from his family, changed his last name to Morgan (in honor of his paternal grandmother Lila Morgan Quartermaine), and started working for mobster Sonny Corinthos. Jason and Sonny became very close and they were almost as close as "brothers." However, over the years there have been times when they occasionally became enemies.
In 1997 when Jason was dating Robin Scorpio, she worried about how the mob was affecting Jason's life after he was injured and put in the hospital. She asks Sonny to fire Jason as she is afraid he will be killed if he continues on in Sonny's organization. Because Robin asks, Sonny does so and fires Jason from his organization.
Jason is unhappy at the news and demands a reason for why he was fired. Sonny tries to deflect but Jason demands an answer from him. Jason manages to correctly guess that Sonny was firing him because of Robin, but Sonny lies and denies Robin's involvement. Jason confronts Robin about the issue and the two fight over it and even break up for a little while but reconcile and get back together until they went their separate ways when Robin left Port Charles in 1999 to go to school in Paris.
In 2003, Jason gets caught up in a forbidden romance with Sonny's paternal half-sister Courtney Matthews. Sonny forbids them to see each other so they start seeing each other behind Sonny's back. When Sonny found out he was furious and made Jason choose between Courtney or his job. When he chose to continue seeing Courtney, Sonny fired him and angrily kicks him out. Time passes and Sonny eventually comes to terms with their relationship. He gives Jason his job back and is present when Jason and Courtney marry in France. However months later Jason and Courtney's relationship fell apart and they got divorced.
In early 2006, Sonny and Jason got into a conflict when Sonny started dating Jason's sister Emily. Jason was not only worried about how their dangerous business would affect Emily, but he was also worried that Sonny's mob drama and bipolar disorder may cause him to accidentally hurt Emily. In retaliation to Sonny and Emily seeing each other behind his back, Jason gave Sonny an ultimatum, Emily or the business.
Sonny refused to stop seeing Emily and as a result, Jason took the business from him. For the next couple of months there was conflict and tension between Sonny and Jason. Things got so bad that Sonny put a hit out on Jason, but called it off at the last second. However there was another sniper there that night and when Jason's girlfriend Sam McCall got shot in the back while in Jason's arms, he blamed Sonny and was going after him for revenge until Sonny was able to prove his innocence. This started the turning point for the two as they started to reconcile and months later Jason gave the business back to Sonny.
In April 2008, Sonny signed over the entire Corinthos-Morgan Crime family willingly to Jason after his son Michael was shot. Sonny was trying to escape the dangerous life for his son Morgan Corinthos and his daughter Kristina Corinthos-Davis and his then fiance, Kate Howard. But even when he got out of the business, Sonny's longing for the life never went away and he aligned himself with the Zacchara crime family.
In late 2012, Shawn Butler takes over many of Jason's duties in the organization as second-in-command, when Jason is presumed dead after being shot and kicked into the Port Charles harbor, by Cesar Faison disguised as Duke Lavery.
In 2013 a man named Derek Wells comes to town as Connie Falconeri's new boss. It is later revealed that this was all a disguise and Derek Wells is actually Julian Jerome, who wanted to take over Sonny's territory. It is also revealed that Ava Jerome is his sister who arrived in Port Charles a few months earlier. When Connie found out their true identities, she tried to call and warn Sonny, but before she could Ava shot her in cold blood and framed A.J. Quartermaine, because he was in Connie's office drunk at the time of the murder. A.J. took a gun to Connie's office and berated her for writing an article that cost him ELQ, but in the end he dropped the gun and left. This gave Ava the perfect opportunity to frame him.
Ava did this to keep her and Julian's identity a secret so they would have time to set up their operation. Later on that year it's revealed that Ava and Julian are responsible for getting Sonny's son Morgan hooked on gambling and that's how he met Ava's daughter Kiki Jerome. Julian and Ava then get Morgan to turn on Sonny because he feels Sonny loves his brother Michael more than him. Morgan goes to work for the Jeromes and this puts a strain on his relationship with his father.
They soon reconnect after Morgan accidentally shoots Max Giambetti at Sonny's warehouse, when Julian and Morgan went to save Julian's enforcer Carlos Rivera. Carlos was holding TJ Ashford hostage to keep himself from being executed by Shawn on Sonny's orders to send a message to Julian. Morgan soon realizes mob life isn't for him and goes home to his father.
Sonny has since been unable to kill Julian because he is a bone marrow match for Jason's son Danny, who recently recovered from a battle with leukemia. Therefore Sonny has to put up with Julian but there is still much animosity between the two men till this day.
In November 2014, Sonny asked Duke to run the organization while he (Sonny) was in prison. On December 30, (New Years Eve on the show), Jordan Ashford asked Duke for a job but he said that he would have to test her loyalty.
On May 2, 2015, Duke passed away after being shot in the stomach by Carlos under Julian's orders. Sonny assumed that Jake Doe killed him and as a result, he sent Shawn to take him out. Shawn arrived at the warehouse and tried to shoot Jake, but Jordan arrived and disarmed him. While being disarmed, Shawn fired a shot into the warehouse as Nikolas Cassadine's hit man shot Hayden Barnes in the head. Jake then emerged form the warehouse and attacked Shawn, but Jordan was able to stop Jake and revealed her true loyalty to Shawn. On May 27, Shawn was sent to prison for Hayden's shooting committed by Nikolas' hit man.
In November 2015, everyone including Sonny found out that Jake Doe is really Jason Morgan, but he doesn't remember his life. Jason also refused to return to the mob. On December 4, Diane told Jason that he owns 40% of Corinthos Coffee, which means that Sonny owns 60%. On May 9, 2016, Jason got his memories back but still want's nothing to do with the mob.
During most of 2017, with his marriage in trouble...to the point almost leading to divorce and losing his assets, his family breaking apart, Jason refusing to work for him, and with the death of his son, Sonny began the process of retiring from the organization. It was then he was a big target and almost gets killed by Garvey, Julian's old associate, for putting him in prison. After recovering from being shot in the leg and left to die in the pit and after his nephew was kidnapped as plot against him, he ultimately decides to continue leading his organization.
In fall of 2017, it's revealed that the man everyone thought was Jason was actually Jason's long lost identical twin Drew Cain, who was conditioned into having all of Jason's memories by Dr. Andre Maddox under orders by Cesar Faison so he may take his brother's place since Jason was brain damaged and could not be brainwashed.
But after 5 years of being held prisoner in a clinic in Russia by Dr. Klein, under orders from Faison's son, Henrik, the real Jason escaped and returned to Port Charles and he is shown to be resuming his duties as Sonny's enforcer and right-hand man while Drew remained civil with Sonny.
In early 2018, with the mob activities in the city has nearly ceased and Sonny's mob family being all that's left, the mob life had died down. Once in a while, his threat of their reputation were occasionally used towards their advantage.
Mob activity resurfaced beginning of 2020 when shots were fired at three locations at the same time...Pier 55 (intended for his son Michael), Coffee Warehouse (intended for his employee, with Carly as collateral) and The Pub in Brooklyn, New York (intended for Sonny while he was visiting the city with his father Mike along with Jason for support).
It is revealed that Cyrus Renault (a drug kingpin who has a large reputation of trafficking illegal supplies from other countries to Pacific) is after Sonny and what the agenda was regarding territory, revenge, or rivalry purposes is still unknown til this day.
In December 2020 after Sonny goes missing and is presumed dead from the bridge collapse following his altercation with Julian, Jason becomes the acting boss of the organization. Sonny would later turn up alive in Pennsylvania with amnesia and called himself "Mike" working as a bartender from January to September 2021. Jason is falsely accused of the murder of Franco Baldwin and forced to go on the run. In Jason's absence, Carly attends the meeting of the Five Families and becomes the acting boss of the organization until Jason's charges were dropped. Later on the Five Families began to grow less tolerable with both Carly and Jason being heads of the Corinthos Organization and forces one of them to kill the other. Jason and Carly decided to make the decision to marry as a way to put a united front. After the "wedding", Sonny returns after regaining his memory from his accident in the burning building in Nixon Falls, Pennsylvania.
As of late September, it would appear that Sonny is back in charge with Jason back to being his right-hand man.
Some of the following locations have been used as fronts and offices for the Corinthos organization. Others have operated as legitimate businesses.
- Corinthos Coffee
- The Island
- Perks Coffee
- Sonny's Coffee Shop
- Volonino's Gym
- The Waterfront
- Xtreme Motors
The organization maintains at least five safehouses.
- The primary one is often used by Jason in 2019-2021, and was used to hide oft-enemy and momentary ally Marcus Taggert after he was shot while in Witness Protection on August 26-27, 2020.
- A second was used to hide Sonny's daughter Kristina while she was deprogrammed from a cult, between April 4 - May 7, 2019.
- A third was used by Nelle Benson-Jerome to hide when she kidnapped her and Michael's son Wiley from August 26-27, 2020.
- The fourth was used to hold Florence Grey hostage in 2020-21.
- A Neighboring house is the only one located in the city limits, and temporarily housed Marcus Taggert while he was supposedly dead from Nov 6-Dec 17, 2020.
- Sonny Corinthos - Boss of the organization
- Carly Corinthos - Sonny's wife, mother of his sons Michael and Morgan and his daughter Donna; Jason's best friend
- Michael Corinthos - Sonny's adopted son with Carly; Jason's nephew
- Wiley Quartermaine-Corinthos - Sonny's adoptive grandson, Michael's son, Carly's grandson
- Morgan Corinthos - Sonny's youngest son with Carly; Jason's godson (presumably deceased)
- Kristina Corinthos-Davis - Sonny's eldest daughter with Alexis Davis
- Avery Corinthos - Sonny's daughter with rival ex-mobster, Ava Jerome
- Donna Corinthos - Sonny's youngest daughter with Carly
- Dante Falconeri - Sonny's eldest son with Olivia Quartermaine
- Lulu Spencer - Sonny's ex-daughter-in-law; Dante's ex-wife, Carly's cousin
- Rocco Falconeri - Sonny's grandson; Dante and Lulu's son, Carly's step-grandson and second cousin via Lulu
- Brenda Barrett - Sonny's ex-wife and longtime love
- Lily Corinthos - Sonny's late wife
- Ric Lansing - Sonny's half-brother; Molly's father
- Molly Lansing-Davis - Sonny's half-niece; daughter of Ric and Alexis.
- Courtney Matthews - Sonny's half-sister and Jason's ex-wife; Spencer's mother (deceased)
- Spencer Cassadine - Sonny's nephew; Courtney's son with Nikolas Cassadine
- Mike Corbin - Sonny and Courtney's father (deceased)
- Adela Corinthos - Sonny and Ric's mother (deceased)
- Josslyn Jacks - Sonny's stepdaughter; Carly's daughter with Jasper Jacks, Jason's goddaughter
- Jason Morgan - Sonny's enforcer and business partner, Michael's uncle, Morgan, Josslyn, and Donna’s godfather (presumably deceased)
- Sam McCall - Jason's ex-wife and the mother of his son Danny, niece Scout, and Sonny's stillborn daughter Lila
- Drew Cain - Jason's long-lost identical twin brother, Sam's ex-husband, Danny and Jake's uncle, Oscar and Scout's father
- Scout Cain - Drew's daughter with Sam, Jason's niece, Sonny's goddaughter
- Oscar Nero-Quartermaine - Drew's son with former flame Kim Nero, Sam's ex-stepson, Jason's nephew, and Josslyn's boyfriend (deceased)
- Jake Spencer - Jason's son with Elizabeth Webber, Michael's cousin, and Drew's nephew
- Danny Morgan - Jason's son with Sam, Michael's cousin, Drew's biological nephew, Sonny’s godson
- A.J. Quartermaine - Jason and Drew’s half-brother; Michael's biological father (deceased)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine - Jason and Drew’s father, and grandfather to Michael, Danny, Jake, Oscar, and Scout (deceased)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine - Jason and Drew’s adoptive mother; Michael's grandmother, Danny, Jake, Oscar and Scout's adoptive grandmother
- Susan Moore - Jason and Drew’s biological mother, Jake, Danny, Oscar, and Scout’s biological grandmother (deceased)
- Emily Quartermaine - Jason and Drew’s adoptive sister and Sonny's ex-girlfriend; adoptive aunt to Michael, Danny, Jake, Oscar, and Scout (deceased)
- Duke Lavery - Acting boss of the organization (deceased)
- Anna Devane - Duke's ex-wife
- Griffin Munro - Duke's son
- Robin Scorpio-Drake - Anna's daughter with Robert Scorpio and Duke's ex-stepdaughter
- Emma Scorpio-Drake - Robin's daughter with Patrick Drake, Robert and Anna's granddaughter
- Noah Scorpio-Drake - Robin's son with Patrick Drake, Robert and Anna's grandson
- Sonny Corinthos - Boss and head of the organization
- Dex Heller - warehouse employee/driver
- Max Giambetti - bodyguard/driver
- Milo Giambetti - backup bodyguard occasionally
- Frank - bodyguard
- Diane Miller - Sonny and Jason's top attorney
- Tony DiMarco - warehouse employee/driver
- Brick - Surveillance and tech expert
- Damian Spinelli - computer hacker/PI
- Jason Morgan - former enforcer and Sonny's right hand man; former acting boss when Sonny was presumed dead (deceased)
- Carly Corinthos - Acting mob boss when Jason was a fugitive
- Brando Corbin - formerly undercover operative to infiltrate the Renault Organization in order to take Cyrus Renault down
- Duke Lavery - associate; acting boss of the organization (deceased)
- Bruce - Duke's bodyguard, hitman, and consigliere (deceased)
- Brent Green - former warehouse employee (deceased)
- Ava Jerome - former associate, provided information on Julian Jerome; mother of Sonny's daughter Avery Jerome-Corinthos
- Benjamin Lazaro - Sonny's former informant and crooked lawyer
- Justus Ward - former lawyer (deceased)
- Alexis Davis - Sonny's former lawyer
- Ric Lansing - Sonny's former lawyer
- Benny Abrahms - former accountant (deceased)
- Bernie Abrahms - former accountant (deceased)
- Harry Silver - former accountant
- Cooper Barrett - former insider for the PCPD (deceased)
- Zander Smith - former warehouse employee (deceased)
- Logan Hayes - former bodyguard (deceased)
- Johnny O’Brien - former bodyguard (deceased)
- Philly - former bodyguard
- Troy - former bodyguard
- Sy - former bodyguard
- Stan Johnson - former computer hacker (deceased)
- Grace Yang - blackmailed by Sonny to frame Jasper Jacks
- Dante Falconeri - Sonny's son; former mob soldier/bodyguard of Sonny's children (undercover for the NYPD using alias Dominic Pirelli)
- Johnny Zacchara - former partner/mob soldier
- Julian Jerome - former partner; joined forces with Sonny while in prison in order to protect their children (deceased)
- Jordan Ashford - Duke's former associate; worked undercover for Anna Devane
- Shawn Butler - Sonny and Duke's former associate/enforcer
- Gio - former bodyguard
- Trent - former bodyguard/driver
- Greg Vaughn - former associate
- Cody Paul - former bodyguard
- Don Metz - former driver; working for the Novaks
- Vince - former harbormaster
Bold denotes current enemies
- Unnamed West Coast Mobster
- Alcazar mob family
- The Balkan's mob family
- Bauer family
- Dawn of Day Cult
- Jerome mob family
- Lavery mob family
- Novak mob family
- Renault Organization
- Rosco mob family
- Ruiz mob family
- Scully mob family
- Smith mob family
- Trujillo mob family
- Zacchara mob family
- Lorenzo Alcazar - (deceased)
- Luis Alcazar - (deceased)
- Hank Archer/Shiloh - (deceased)
- Peter August - (deceased)
- The Balkan - (deceased)
- Nelle Benson-Jerome - (deceased)
- Helena Cassadine - (deceased)
- Victor Cassadine
- Drew Cain
- Ryan Chamberlain
- Gladys Corbin
- Sasha Donev - (deceased)
- John Durant - (deceased)
- Cesar Faison - (deceased)
- Franco Baldwin - (deceased)
- Jerry Jacks
- Ava Jerome
- Julian Jerome - (deceased)
- Olivia Jerome - (incarcerated)
- Andrei Karpov - (deceased)
- Ric Lansing
- Trevor Lansing - (deceased)
- John McBain
- Joey Novak
- Vincent Novak - (deceased)
- Cassandra Pierce - (presumed deceased)
- Esme Prince
- A.J. Quartermaine - (deceased)
- Cyrus Renault - (incarcerated)
- Carlos Rivera - (deceased)
- Faith Rosco - (deceased)
- Hector Ruiz - (deceased)
- Javier Ruiz - (deceased)
- Manny Ruiz - (deceased)
- Joe Scully - (deceased)
- Joe Scully Jr. - (deceased)
- Frank Smith - (deceased)
- Jennifer Smith - (incarcerated)
- Luke Spencer - (deceased)
- Suzanne Stanwyck
- Marcus Taggert
- Rudy Trujillo - (deceased)
- Walker - (deceased)
- Heather Webber
- Anthony Zacchara - (deceased)
- Claudia Zacchara-Corinthos - (deceased)
- Johnny Zacchara
- Duke and Anna's marriage has legally dissolved
- "Griffin Is Duke's Son!". News. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 20 (13): 2-3. March 28, 2016.
- Confirmed onscreen March 15, 2016.
- His character moved back to town and is working with them again
- Defunct from Olivia's arrest while Julian and Ava want no part of mob anymore
- Scully and Joe Jr. are deceased; Sonny took over Scully's assets
- Anthony and Claudia are deceased and Johnny is in prison
- At the time he was known as "Jake Doe" and had no memories about anyone
- During the time his alternate personality took over as "Evil Luke"
|Alcazar · Baldwin · Brewer · Cassadine · Corinthos · Drake · Hardy · Jacks · Jerome · Jones · Quartermaine · Scorpio · Spencer · Taylor · Ward · Webber · Zacchara|
|Ashford · Barrett · Barrington · Bauer · Benson · Campbell · Chase · Cerullo · Clay · Collins · Davis · Devane · Eckert · Faison · Falconeri · Giambetti · Juarez · Lansing · McCall · Moore · Morgan · Ramirez · Rivera/Santiago · Romanov · Westbourne|
|Alcazar · Balkan · Corinthos · Jerome · Lavery/McKay · Novak · Rosco · Ruiz · Scully · Smith · Trujillo · Wu · Zacchara|
|Outside Port Charles|
|Chandler · Cramer · Lord · Manning|