|Jeff Kober as Cyrus Renault|
|Portrayed by||Jeff Kober|
|First appearance||February 5, 2020|
|Created by|| Chris Van Etten |
|Introduced by||Frank Valentini|
|Born||May 20, 1960|
Chairman of the Board at GH
|Residence|| Renault Apartment|
(Port Charles, New York)
Seattle, Washington (formerly)
He has been portrayed by actor Jeff Kober since the character's introduction on February 5, 2020.
On January 31, 2020, Soaps.com and other sources confirmed that actor Jeff Kober, known for appearing in NCIS: Los Angeles, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, and Falcon Crest, would join the cast of GH in the role of Cyrus Renault.
He made his first appearance at the end of the episode on February 5, 2020.
Cyrus is a notoriously dangerous drug runner from the Northwest, in Seattle, Washington; who has been running his operations from prison for the past decade. He brought in his products in from Russia over the Canadian border and then he disturbed it throughout the western states. His people would sell his products from Corporate CEOS to middle school kids.
In 2010, he was put behind bars after being framed for crimes he did actually commit by former DEA agents Jordan Ashford, Marcus Taggert, Bob Massicotte, and Mark Simon who infiltrated his organization under false identities. In late 2019, he somehow learned of the identities of those who betrayed him and had him put behind bars and began making his move for revenge. He had himself moved from Thompson Penitentiary to Pentonville to be close to Port Charles. He began making moves against Sonny Corinthos wanting to expand his business there as well as get revenge on those who locked him up.
He's extremely feared in the underworld business, as even Sonny and Jason became worried upon learning that he was threatening their families and their way of life in Port Charles. Cyrus's network is as extensive as Sonny's network, if not more. Jordan considers him to be the most evil man she's ever known.
In April 2020, after a decade behinds bars, Cyrus was released from prison with a full exoneration, after forcing Jordan to tarnish the reputation and memory of her former colleagues by revealing that they framed Cyrus.
He is responsible for the deaths of Bob Massicotte and Mark Simon.
On January 7, 2020, Sonny Corinthos learned from Gio, an employee of his, that a truck had been hijacked. Sonny made it clear that he didn't want to deal with those people since he wanted the Port Charles Police Department to know he was a legitimate businessman since all they would find in that truck is coffee. A few days later, it was later revealed that the truck had been found, abandoned, and torched.
On January 29, when Sonny took his father Mike Corbin and his best friend Jason Morgan to Brooklyn, New York, eventually a gunman ended up pulling out his gun and a shootout occured inside of a restaurant with a bunch of people inside. At the same time in Port Charles, two other shootouts occured; one at Sonny's coffee warehouse where Gladys Corbin and Carly Corinthos were and the other one down on the pier where Michael Corinthos, Josslyn Jacks, Sasha Gilmore, and Mayor Laura Collins were at. In the shootout on the pier, Laura was shot in the stomach by the gunman while Michael, Josslyn and Sasha were shaken up but saved by Dustin who fought and chased away the gunman. At the warehouse, Brando Corbin saved Gladys and Carly but was shot in the process, while Jason ended up killing the gunman in Brooklyn as Sonny kept Mike calm. Sonny’s warehouse men, Tony and Brent Green, captured one of the two gunmen and the other gunman got away.
On February 4, Cyrus is first mentioned. Sonny questions the captured gunman and then Sonny allows Brent to beat up the gunman after he won‘t say who he is working for. Later Jason walks by and sees that Brent has been shot and killed. Jason is also shot at by the escaped gunman and they fire at each other. One of Jason‘s bullets hits the gunman and Jason asks the gunman to tell him who he works for since he is dying. The gunman says “Cyrus Renault“ and Jason has a worried look on his face.
On February 5, Jason tells Sonny and Carly that the gunman said he was working for Cyrus Renault, a drug runner who normally operates in the Pacific Northwest. Cyrus has been operating from Thompson Penitentiary for the last ten years but Brick discovered that Cyrus was secretly transferred to Pentonville Penitentiary recently. Sonny said he has never dealt with Cyrus and only knows him by reputation. Later Sonny stops by Pentonville to visit Cyrus.
On February 6, Cyrus wants Sonny to go into business moving drugs with him. Sonny refuses and threatens Cyrus. Cyrus says he has personal reasons for moving to Port Charles. Later Jason tells Michael that Cyrus was behind the three attacks.
On February 18, it is revealed that a four person DEA team (Jordan Ashford, Marcus Taggert, Bob Massicotte, and Mark Simon) were involved in a Cyrus Renault bust back in the day. Bob and Mark have been killed and their deaths were made to look like overdoses. Jason discovers that an empty warehouse at 457 Water Street is most likely owned by Cyrus. He tells Sonny his suspicions and prepares to bomb the warehouse.
On February 19, Jason ties up Cyrus’s henchmen, Walker and Jenkins, and tells them they can either go back to their boss or run away. Then he blows up the warehouse and leaves.
On February 20, Jordan visits Cyrus at Pentonville and tells him she is now the commissioner. He laughs and says she was his right hand before bringing up her son TJ. She then asks him about Bob and Mark’s deaths and he laughs again. She wants to know if he started a mob war just to get back at her. Cyrus points out that she must not be very good at her job if there is already a mob presence in Port Charles. Later Taggert and Curtis are arguing so Jordan agrees to tell Curtis everything.
On February 21, Jordan and Taggert explain to Curtis their deep cover DEA assignment to bring down Cyrus. She tells him how Bob and Mark were also involved and both recently died in suspicious circumstances. She reveals that they manufactured evidence and framed Cyrus for crimes which he was guilty of committing.
On February 26, Taggert visits Sonny at Pozzulo's to see if they can work together to bring Cyrus down. Taggert tells Sonny he joined the DEA after he left Port Charles. When he leaves the restaurant he notices he is being followed. He asks Walker if he is looking for him. Walker says he isn’t and points out that Jenkins is behind Taggert. Later Jordan and Curtis find Taggert and he tells them that he was jumped after he led Walker into an alley. He punched one of the guys who attacked him before they ran off. They were trying to inject Taggert with a needle full of opioids.
On March 2, after Taggert died saving his daughter Trina and her friend Cameron from Walker and Cyrus' other men, Cyrus was confronted by Laura about Taggert's death. Of course, Cyrus played dumb and acted like he had nothing to do with his death but eventually he was put into solitary confinement.
On March 11, Jordan visited Cyrus again at Pentonville to confront him about T.J. being missing and demanded to know if he kidnapped him. Eventually, Jordan got a text which was a picture of T.J. being held hostage and was unconscious. Cyrus now had Jordan right where he wanted her, because he later sent Lorraine "Harmony" Miller to her house as his messenger to blackmail her into doing his dirty work. It was revealed that back in December of 2019 that Cyrus offered to pull some strings to get Harmony out of Pentonville on early parole so that she'd owe him a favor and he is blackmailing her into working for him by threatening to harm her and her daughter Willow Tait.
On March 23, Cyrus had ordered Harmony to pass on a new message and task to Jordan. He had her tell Jordan that he was pleased with her first task's results but he has a new job for her, he wants her to set him free from Pentonville with a full exoneration in exchange for her getting T.J. back. Harmony warned her that she's a dirty cop now and that Cyrus has her right where he wants her.
On April 6, Cyrus was released from Pentonville with a full exoneration.
On August 3, Cyrus talked with Portia at GH and referred to Trina. Laura stepped up to defend Portia. She later saw Cyrus talking to Tom, a GH board member. Tom ignored Laura’s insistence that Cyrus is a criminal and he quickly walked away from her. Laura asked why Cyrus was interested in the hospital. He said that he heard GH was facing a fiscal crisis and he had already established the Cyrus Renault Foundation for Social Justice. Laura told him that the money needed will come from ELQ.
On August 11, Curtis is tired of Cyrus involving Jordan and mentions 1257 Wilson Avenue to Cyrus implying someone Cyrus cares about lives at that address.
On, August 13, due to Cyrus's contribution, he became Chairman of the Board at the hospital.
- Has been involved in "unscrupulous" mob-related activities [pre-2010; revealed on Feb 5, 2020]
- Operating from federal prison for the last ten years [2010-Apr 6, 2020; revealed on Feb 5, 2020]
- Pulled some strings to get Lorraine "Harmony" Miller out of Pentonville on early parole so he could use her as his messenger [Dec 11, 2019; Cyrus' involvement revealed on Mar 13, 2020]
- Blackmailing Harmony into working for him by threatening to harm her and her daughter Willow Tait if she didn't comply [Dec 11, 2019-present; revealed on Mar 13, 2020]
- Ordered Bob Massicotte’s death by overdose of opioids [Dec 17, 2019; death revealed on Dec 27, 2019; revealed to be an opioid overdose on Jan 10, 2020; date of death shown on Jan 14, 2020; Cyrus’s involvement revealed on Feb 26, 2020]
- Targeting Sonny Corinthos and his family [Jan 7, 2020-present; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Responsible for one of Sonny's trucks being hijacked and eventually torched [Jan 7, 2020; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Responsible for three separate shootouts - the one at the warehouse, the one on the pier, and the one in a Brooklyn pub [Jan 29-30, 2020; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Indirectly responsible for Mayor Laura Collins getting shot in the stomach [Jan 29-30, 2020; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Indirectly responsible for Brando Corbin getting shot [Jan 30, 2020; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Indirectly responsible for the death of Brent, one of Sonny's men [Feb 4, 2020]
- Drug trafficking including funnelling drugs from Russia through Canada into the U.S. [revealed on Feb 5, 2020]
- Paid off a lot of law enforcement so he could operate in Russia and America [revealed on Feb 5, 2020]
- Illegally got himself transferred from Thompson Penitentiary to Pentonville Penitentiary [revealed on Feb 5, 2020]
- Illegally bought the deed to the Water Street warehouse where he stored opioids [revealed on Feb 18, 2020; revealed that opioids were inside on Feb 26, 2020]
- Ordered Mark Simon’s death by overdose of opioids [Feb 18, 2020; Cyrus’s involvement revealed on Feb 26, 2020]
- Involved in extortion, illegal drugs, and prostitution [revealed onscreen on Feb 19, 2020]
- Ordered two of his men, Walker and Jenkins, to inject Marcus Taggert with opioids [Feb 26, 2020]
- Had Walker pose as a rideshare driver and kidnap Cameron Webber and Trina Robinson [Feb 26-28, 2020]
- Indirectly responsible for Marcus' "death" [Feb 28-Mar 2, 2020; Marcus was revealed to be alive on Aug 19, 2020]
- Had T.J. Ashford kidnapped and held hostage [Feb 28-Apr 7, 2020; revealed on Mar 12, 2020]
- Had Harmony blackmail Jordan Ashford into working for him by getting him out of prison or else something bad would happen to T.J. [Mar 13-Apr 7, 2020]
- Indirectly threatened Laura Collins and Carly Corinthos [May 7, 2020]
- Had Jason Morgan injured in a motorcycle accident seriously enough that he needed medical attention and exploratory brain surgery [Aug 6, 2020; revealed on Aug 7, 2020]
- Ordered his henchmen to beat up Brando [Sep 3, 2020]
- Has a source inside the PCPD [revealed on Sep 21, 2020]
Health and Vitals
- Framed for crimes which he was guilty of committing by Jordan Ashford, Marcus Taggert, Bob Massicotte, and Mark Simon, who all manufactured evidence [pre-2010; revealed on Feb 6, 2020, details revealed on Feb 21, 2020]
- Threatened by Sonny Corinthos [Feb 6, 2020]
- Threatened by Jordan [Mar 12, 2020]
- Threatened by Jordan again [Apr 6, 2020]
- Occasional allergies [revealed on Aug 3, 2020]
- Threatened by Curtis Ashford [Aug 11, 2020]
- ↑ "General Hospital Casts Cyrus Renault with Jeff Kober", Soaps.com, SheKnows Media, LLC, January 31, 2020. Retrieved on January 31, 2020.