|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Dr. Hamilton Finn, M.D. or simply just Finn is a fictional character on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital. He is the son of Prof. Gregory Chase and the late Jean Finn-Chase, the stepson of world-renowned journalist, Jackie Templeton and the half-brother of Det. Harrison Chase.
He has been portrayed by actor Michael Easton since the character's debut on March 21, 2016.
Easton previously portrayed his One Life To Live character, Lt. John McBain on GH from March 13, 2012 to March 20, 2013.
While portraying McBain, Easton reprised his former Port Charles character, Caleb Morley (later retconned as Stephen Clay) on GH from February 4 to March 4, 2013.
Easton also previously portrayed Dr. Silas Clay from May 13, 2013 to August 31, 2015.
Easton is known for his roles as Caleb Morley (aka Stephen Clay) defunct spinoff Port Charles (2001; 2002-03), John McBain on the now canceled ABC soap opera One Life to Live (2003-12) and General Hospital (2012-13) and Silas Clay on General Hospital from May 13, 2013 until the character's death in August 2015.
When several former PC characters and actors returned to GH in 2013, writers decided to revisit the vampire storyline from PC as a way to pay tribute. They put their own spin on it, and Easton started playing a dual role of John and an adapted version of Caleb on February 4 to March 4, 2013.
Easton was originally scheduled to appear on March 18, 2016. Due to the death of former First Lady Nancy Reagan and her funeral airing that day, it was pushed back to March 21, 2016. He is also under contract.
Finn is the son of Gregory Chase and his widow Jean Finn-Chase who died of unknown causes. Finn worked with Jackie Templeton on a story, when Finn introduced her to his father. Jackie went on to marry Gregory, and gave birth to Harrison Chase. It was revealed that Jackie and Finn had a one-night-stand the night before her wedding to Gregory, making both men a possible father to Chase. In 2021, it was revealed that Jackie never ran a paternity test, but insists Gregory is Chase's father.
Finn lost his wife because of what Hayden's father, Raymond Berlin did. Due to Raymond's ponzi scheme, the clinic where Finn was researching lost funding and he was unable to continue his research. Finn also harbors a lot of guilt for his wife, Reiko's death.
Finn reveals to Hayden Barnes that Reiko wanted to return home to her family. However, Finn was set on continuing his research, so Reiko made the decision to stay with Finn. During his research, Finn inadvertently exposed Reiko and himself to the disease that ended up killing her and infecting him. His guilt is part of what drives him to find a cure.
Finn was engaged to pregnant girlfriend Hayden Barnes within left him at alter and wore a note to him saying their child "died" at birth and had to leave town due to all the grief which unfortunately ended their engagement in 2017, however on July 8, 2019, Finn and Hayden are reunited when Hayden crashes Elizabeth and Franco's wedding reception. Hayden kissed Jasper Jacks but it was later revealed their relationship is strictly professional as they were working together. Hayden revealed that she is still in love with Finn when she was drugged with truth serum.
He has a daughter, Violet Finn, born in November of 2017, with his ex-fiancée, Hayden Barnes and he is reunited with her on October 23, 2019 after he believed she "died" at birth due to Hayden lying about miscarrying their child and leaving town.
On March 13, 2018, it was revealed that Detective Harrison Chase is his half-brother. In 2020, however, it was hinted that Chase might actually be his biological son as result of an affair with Jackie in the 1990s.
Finn was engaged to his off/on again girlfriend Anna Devane since 2019 and they were set to be married in March 2021, but Finn left Anna when he learned that she lied to him about whether or not Peter August is her son (he is actually her nephew since her twin sister, Alex Devane is Peter's mother).
On March 15, 2021, a paternity test from GH proved that Chase is in fact Finn's biological son with Jackie. However, on March 19, it was revealed that Cyrus Renault had altered the paternity test to make it look like Chase was Finn's son, which means that Chase is Finn's half-brother after all.
Dr. Hamilton Finn (who likes to be called Finn) is called to GH by Dr. Monica Quartermaine to help her sister-in-law, Tracy Quartermaine. When he arrives at the hospital he is accompanied by his bearded dragon service lizard, Roxy. He is also told multiple times that he looks like the late, Dr. Silas Clay. He also diagnosed Tracy with worms in her brain from when she went to Mexico. On June 20, 2016, he revealed to Hayden Barnes that he's dying.
He was also a suspect in the attempted murder of Lucas Jones. Dr. Finn was also a suspect in the deaths of patients at the hospital but was in prison when Dr. Mayes was murdered making it impossible for it to be him.
On December 22, 2016, he was cured of Blackwood's syndrome as is Hayden who also go the disease after cutting her finger. Afterward their brush with death, they started a relationship. It was also revealed that he is addicted to Zen-Zen.
In May 2017, Finn and Hayden suspect that someone is tampering with his drug results so they switch it with Hayden's sample as they wanted to see if it still came out positive, which it did. But something else came out positive and Griffin told them that Hayden is pregnant. After finding out, Hayden wasn't sure she wanted to be a mom and Finn told her he would support her in whatever she decided. Eventually, with Finn's support, she decided to keep the baby. Hayden and Finn have also expressed that they love each other.
On July 27, Sam Morgan was brought into the hospital by her husband "Jason Morgan" and he eventually diagnosed her with Toxoplasmosis, a disease she contracted back in February when she gave birth to her daughter Scout. In August, the infection was neutralized and Sam began to get better.
On January 2, 2018, Finn confronted Cassandra after she had kidnapped Anna and she eventually drugged him by blowing her drug powder in his face. He fought her but he needed medical attention and at the hospital he told Anna he killed her but she told him that he did not. She told him Cassandra was drugged and ended up in a coma. On January 24, Cesar Faison held Finn at gunpoint in Anna's house and confronted him but Anna saved him. She knocked him out for his own protection. Later on she woke him up and made sure he was okay. After Faison had been shot by Jason Morgan, Finn did his best to keep Faison alive despite everything he's done even though he didn't care if he lived or died. He let Anna know how he felt and she pushed him away "for his own protection."
He started a friendship with Alexis Davis during the group meetings they attend to together.
Over the next few months Chase tried to bond with Finn who initially wanted nothing to do with him, however he later confessed that he didn't have a problem with him, he had a problem with their dad who got married again so soon after Finn's mom died. Despite Finn's initial feelings about Chase, in the coming months he softened towards him and they now have a good brotherly relationship.
At the 2018 Nurse's Ball, Finn confessed to Anna that he still cared about her and Alexis overheard. He then started a relationship with Anna but felt bad about breaking Alexis' heart even though she knew he never got over Anna.
On June 6, he ran into his dad Gregory Chase at a coffee shop in Berkeley, California.
On August 3, Finn was kidnapped by the same people who had kidnapped Anna several weeks before. It was revealed that Anna was bait for Finn so that he could bring Cassandra Pierce out of her coma, which he accomplished. Finn and Anna then told her that they woke her up so she could help them figure out who their captors are. They also told her that she contracted a rare infectious disease and then they said that if she helped them then Finn would treat her but if she didn't then they would put her back in a coma. She eventually agreed to help them and pretended to be in a coma while Finn and Anna tricked their captors into drinking spiked "drugs" as part of their plan to escape. Chase and Robert Scorpio found Finn and Anna and they all escaped as Cassandra was kidnapped by a mysterious man wearing a Cassadine man ring.
On September 21, Finn and Chase's dad Gregory came to town and it was revealed that he was sick and he needed Finn to treat him. Despite Finn's reservations, he agreed to treat him.
On October 29, Finn and Anna visited Britt Westbourne in Pentonville and they offered her a deal. She would get out of prison early and score her freedom in exchange for helping them catch her mother Dr. Obrecht who was on the run for kidnapping Peter August and holding him captive for almost two months. She agreed to the deal and Finn made Britt "sick" by giving her a drug of some kind.
In November, Finn got a letter from Hayden who asked him if he could meet her in Rome. Finn decided to go to Cuba with Anna instead to help her catch Obrecht.
On January 11, 2019, Anna was brought to the hospital after suddenly going blind and Finn worked with Griffin to determine the cause. On January 15, Anna's sight was restored and it was revealed that she had a virus dormant in her body called HN-242 and it caused vitrious hemmorhaging which caused her to lose her sight but he neutralized the virus and there's no chance of reoccurance in her. On January 25, Robert returned to Port Charles and gave Finn some intel on why Anna suddenly went blind and their search lead them to Dr. Arthur Cabot in Sweden who was revealed to be a patient due to having the HN-242 virus as well. They learned that Anna was part of his original study of transfering memories from one person to another and that study was done on identical twins.
On March 18, Finn rushed into a hospital room since he got a text saying Anna had been admitted and he saw Anna had gone blind again but then he found out that the blind "Anna" on the bed was actually her twin sister Dr. Alex Marick. Finn went along with Anna who told Alex that if she told her which memories in her head are false ones then he would treat her. Alex initally stalled but then said that the memory of leading Boris Mikhailov into an ambush was the false memory. Finn treated her and restored her sight and she hinted that she may have lied about the false memory. On April 8, Robert confirmed that she had indeed lied about the memory. Finn was Anna's sounding board as she feared she wasn't Robin's mother but then eventually saw that Anna found proof that she was indeed Robin's mother, not Alex.
In April, Finn bought a sapphire engagement ring and was going to propose to Anna but the timing was never good as something always came up. Robert eventually ended up with Finn's ring.
In May, Finn demanded Robert to give back the ring but he didn't know Robert had lost it by accident. Finn got a knockoff of the ring he bought from Robert but automatically knew the difference. At the 2019 Nurse's Ball, Finn found his ring on Yvonne Godfrey who had Alzheimer's and Finn asked Sonny for help. Finn and Sonny then told Sonny's dad Mike Corbin that he bought a knockoff ring but it was a lie to keep Mike from having a meltdown since he also had Alzheimer's. Finn switched rings with Mike who gave Yvonne the fake ring while Finn got the real one back. As Anna was on stage the ring was thrown out towards her and Finn went up to her, got down on one knee and nervously proposed to her and she said yes. Everyone cheered for Finn and Anna as they got engaged and then the two of them celebrated with their friends and family congratulating them.
On May 24, Ava Jerome had stabbed Ryan Chamberlain in the back so he had to be brought to the hospital, especially since he was a viable kidney match for Jordan Ashford. Getting Ryan to consent to donating his kidney would be hard because he couldn't care less abput Jordan.
On June 4, an unknown man disguised as a doctor injected Ryan with a drug to cause a seizure and afterwards Ryan agreed to donate his kidney to Jordan. It was later revealed, however, that Finn caused Ryan to have a seizure and that he was part of a conspiracy to steal Ryan's kidney, along with Franco Baldwin, Curtis Ashford, Valerie Spencer, Elizabeth Webber, and especially Kevin Collins who pretended to be Ryan to forge his consent.
On July 2, Finn was talking to Anna and he learned that Alex escaped from Steinmauer and that she was going to be the one to find her and bring her in. He also mentioned to Chase that Cassandra Pierce was still out there.
On July 8, Finn was surprised to see that his ex-fiancee Hayden has returned to Port Charles and that she crashed Franco and Elizabeth's wedding party.
On July 31, Finn went to Wyndemere to warn Valentin and Nina that Cassandra Pierce resurfaced in Italy but she went "underground" as quick as she resurfaced. In reality, Cassandra was in Puerto Rico where she met Michael Corinthos and Sasha Gilmore.
On August 2, Finn was in the hospital and was surprised to see Dr. Arthur Cabot walking by. Cabot greeted Finn and revealed that he cooperated with the WSB and they gave him an "outright" release. Finn knew Cabot was up to something since he had prescriptions in his hand.
Finn later spoke to Drew Cain about Cabot and asked him if he reached out to him at all. Drew said no and that he didn't even know him. They also talked about how Cabot used the HN-242 virus in his twin study and they deduced that he was planning on making a new batch of the serum. Drew also knew that Shiloh stole his memory flash drive and he deduced that Cabot may be working with Shiloh to implant his memories into Jason.
Finn put together that Cabot was working with Shiloh after hearing from Jason that Shiloh had an accomplice in his latest scheme.
- Adultery; slept with Jackie Templeton the night before her wedding to his father, Gregory 
- Trespassing; stepped foot into the hospital to work on Sabrina Santiago's son Teddy while suspended [Jun 27, 2016; arrested]
- Obtained illegal drugs from Sonny Corinthos in exchange for granting him illegal access to Julian Jerome's hospital room [Jul 2016]
- Threatened to kill Liesl Obrecht [Aug 23, 2016]
- Injected Anna Devane with Zen-Zen without her knowledge [Mar 9, 2017]
- Ordered Hayden Barnes to tape him to a chair until he detoxed from Zen-Zen [Mar 23, 2017]
- Manhandled Hayden while she was taping him to the chair under his orders [Mar 24, 2017]
- Attacked Jared Preston, Jr. [Aug 16, 2017]
- Attacked Cassandra Pierce in self-defense [Jan 2, 2018]
- Fought Cesar Faison for a gun in self-defense [Jan 24, 2018]
- Punched Julian [Mar 13, 2018; arrested and released]
- Drugged his and Anna's kidnappers while escaping them (along with Anna) [Aug 24, 2018]
- Injected Ryan Chamberlain with an unknown drug and caused him to have a seizure [Jun 3-4, 2019; revealed June 12, 2019; Ryan was left in a coma on June 6, 2019]
- Conspired with Curtis Ashford, Kevin Collins, Franco Baldwin, Elizabeth Webber, and Valerie Spencer to steal Ryan's kidney and donate it to Jordan Ashford [revealed Jun 12, 2019]
- Tried to shoot Alex Marick during a struggle for the gun [Nov 6, 2020]
- Assaulted Peter August [Mar 29, 2021]
- Threatened to kill Peter after finding out that Peter poisoned Chase [Apr 22, 2021]
- Presumably killed Peter by pushing him down the hospital stairwell in rage to stop him from escaping [Jun 3, 2021; Peter revealed to be alive on Aug 23, 2021]
- Obstruction of justice; conspiring with Elizabeth to cover up his accidental "killing" of Peter [Jun 3, 2021-present]
- Withheld Elizabeth's knowledge of Peter's presumed death when he confessed everything to Anna [Jul 27-28, 2021]
Health and Vitals
- Assaulted by Julian Jerome (pinned to a wall) [May 31, 2016]
- Was dying from Blackwood's syndrome [revealed Jun 20, 2016; name revealed Dec 19, 2016; cured Dec 22, 2016]
- Refused medical attention after being found unconscious and suffering lots of pain due to his Blackwood's syndrome [Jul 1, 2016]
- Addicted to Zen-Zen [revealed Jan 23, 2017]
- Assaulted by Dr. Griffin Munro (pinned to a wall) [Mar 10, 2017]
- Ignored Jordan Ashford's intercom calls to evacuate the hospital due to a bomb having been placed on the premises and was locked in the locker room [Mar 10-13, 2017]
- Suffered from withdrawal due to not taking Zen-Zen and had chills and sweated profusely as a result [Mar 23, 2017; ordered Hayden to tape him to a chair in an attempt to help him detox]
- Kept in the dark about his daughter and grieved for her [Sep 5, 2017-Oct 23, 2019]
- Drugged by Cassandra Pierce when she blew her opioid powder in his face Jan 2, 2018; revealed to have overdosed on Jan 3, 2018]
- Held at gunpoint and handcuffed by Cesar Faison [Jan 24-25, 2018]
- Knocked out by Anna Devane under Faison's orders [Jan 25, 2018]
- Kidnapped by Nikolas Cassadine and his men wanting to get Cassandra out of her coma (along with Anna) [Aug 3-24, 2018; Nikolas' involvement revealed on Nov 6, 2019]
- Shot in the chest by Alex Marick during a struggle for the gun [Nov 6, 2020]
- Had surgery [Nov 9-10, 2020]
- Had his drink poisoned by a waiter under the orders of Peter August, but Chase ended up drinking the drink instead [Apr 9, 2021; Chase revealed to be poisoned on Apr 12, 2021 and was hospitalized from Apr 14-Jun 21, 2021]
- Hamilton Finn and Hayden Barnes
- Hamilton Finn and Alexis Davis
- Hamilton Finn and Anna Devane
- Hamilton Finn and Elizabeth Webber
- On June 8, 2018, Finn states he changed his last name to his mother's maiden name.
- Shown on his and Hayden's marriage license August 9, 2017.
- Revealed on March 9, 2017.
- On June 8, 2018, he states Finn is his mother's maiden name.
- Stated by Finn on March 14, 2018.
- Finn's wife's name was revealed on 8-18-16
- Revealed on June 2, 2016.
- On 3/15/21 Willow said Finn slept with Jackie in his early 20s
- http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/michael-eastons-new-gh-character-name-is-hamilton-finn/2016/03/18/... He was listed in the same place as the other contract players.