|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Jerry was first portrayed by actor Julian Stone from April 10, 1998 to December 14, 1999, and then by Sebastian Roché on and off from January 25, 2007 until December 22, 2015.
Actor Julian Stone originated the role of Jerry Jacks on April 10, 1998. He left the role over a year later on December 14, 1999.
In 2007, the role was recast with actor Sebastian Roché, who made his first appearance on January 25, 2007, although Roché was initally introduced as a mercenary named "James Craig." His true identity was not revealed until April 23, 2007.
Roché remained in the role throughout the years of 2007 and 2008. He left the series on November 12, 2008 when his character was presumed dead.
On March 18, 2009, Daytime Confidential reported that Roché would be making his way back to General Hospital as Jerry Jacks. He returned to the role from April 7 to April 24, 2009.
On June 24, 2009, it was announced that Roché would return to GH again as Jerry Jacks. He returned from July 31 to August 19, 2009.
On September 29, 2010, various sources broke the news that Roché would be heading back to GH as Jerry Jacks beginning in December. When his return was confirmed, it was rumored that Jerry would be the mysterious crime boss known as "The Balkan," though it was revealed to not be the case. He returned on December 13, 2010. He left again on December 20, 2010 when his character was presumed dead.
On August 3, 2012, Roché made a surprise return to GH on a recurring basis, but he left again on September 11, 2012 when his character was once again presumed dead after an explosion on the harbor. Roché later returned as Jerry for one episode on December 18, 2012.
On September 30, 2013, Roché reprised his role as Jerry on a recurring basis as part of Kimberly McCullough's return. He left the show again on December 3, 2013.
On September 21, 2014, it was announced that Roché would return to GH as Jerry Jacks. He returned in a guest capacity from October 13 to October 24, 2014.
On December 10, 2015, Roché made another surprise return to GH as Jerry Jacks when he was revealed to be holding Robin captive yet again. He made his final appearance on December 22, 2015 when his character was sent to prison.
Jerry initially came to Port Charles to meet his brother Jasper Jacks' fiancée Brenda Barrett. He was first seen in Jax's penthouse engaged in a fistfight with his brother; that's how they worked out their arguments. He had never really stayed in one place too long before coming to Port Charles, and he never really believed in love. But when he came to Port Charles and met Bobbie Spencer, he fell in love for the first time in his life and decided to stay in town.
In 1999, after Jerry nearly died in a car crash, he and Bobbie planned to marry. He promised her that his criminal activities were behind him. However, Sonny Corinthos and Jason Morgan found out that he was laundering money and Jax frantically tried to save his brother from being arrested. Jerry, however, was arrested in the middle of his wedding to Bobbie. Jax posted bail and Jerry skipped town.
Jerry returned to Port Charles in 2007, but no one knew who he was at first. That is because he had plastic surgery to alter the appearance of his face. He was calling himself James Craig and he and a team of masked gunmen took the Metro Court Hotel hostage in an effort steal a briefcase from the vault. His plan went awry when Sam McCall activated the silent alarm, which put the vault on lock down with Maxie Jones and one of the gunmen, called Number 3 (later to be revealed as Cooper Barrett), locked inside for twelve hours. The alarm also notified the PCPD.
James Craig tormented his hostages during this time, especially Bobbie's daughter Carly Corinthos. He also shot Robin Scorpio to show that he was serious. He refused to allow Robin to be evacuated, and instead forced medical intern Emily Bowen-Quartermaine and nursing school dropout Carly to perform crude surgery on her to save her life with the assistance of Dr. Patrick Drake giving instructions over the phone. Dr. Alan Quartermaine also suffered multiple heart attacks during the hostage crisis, and Craig refused any help for him. Alan later died at the hospital from his heart attacks. Craig had the lobby where he was keeping the hostages rigged with explosives. Sam was able to escape and tell the police about the explosives. In the end, Craig managed to escape after Diane Miller came into Port Charles.
Shortly later, he showed up at Wyndemere and injected Nikolas Cassadine with a neurotoxin that would kill him if a counter agent wasn't administered daily. He wanted Nikolas to create a new identity for him. He forced him to break up with Emily and pretend he was dating Robin. He had forced Robin to break up with Patrick. During this time, Jerry was using the alias James Brosnan, under which he had many encounters with Alexis Davis, who was unaware of his connection to the hostage crisis. Jerry's identity was revealed when he went to Jax and Carly's wedding and watched from afar. His mother, Jane Jacks, saw him and recognized him, even though his face had been completely altered.
In 2008, Claudia Zacchara put a hit out on Sonny and initially asked Jerry to do the job. When Jerry refused, she got Dr. Ian Devlin to do it. The hit went wrong and Michael Corinthos ended up being the one shot, and subsequently put into a coma. After Claudia married Sonny, Jerry sent Claudia a DVD telling her that there were several other DVDs hidden throughout Sonny's house, detailing her hit on Sonny. Claudia scrambled to collect the DVDs before Sonny found them. Kate Howard, however, found one of the DVDs, thus finding out what Claudia had done.
Jerry began working with Russian mob boss Andrei Karpov and Sam went undercover to prove it. When he discovered Sam was trying to prove their connection, he had her framed and sent to jail. Once she got released, he tried to kill her by placing a bomb in a dumpster but was saved by Jason. In November, Jerry kidnapped Sam at gunpoint and held her captive on a boat. He planned to blow up the boat with her on board and fake his death, but Jason rescued Sam and Jerry was presumed dead.
Jax got an anonymous phone call from someone who didn't say a word, leading him to believe his brother was still alive.
In December 2010, Jerry returned, this time working for The Balkan. Siobhan McKenna had been forced into working for The Balkan, as he had her sister Megan held hostage in Ireland. Siobhan had a meeting with Jerry on the docks. Jerry received a call from The Balkan, saying he was disappointed in him. A hitman then shot Jerry in front of Siobhan and he fell into the harbor. He was presumed dead because his body was never found.
On August 3, 2012, Jerry resurfaces when he met with Dr. Ewen Keenan. Although his full motivations are unknown, Jerry has manipulated Ewen with the threat that if he refuses to cooperate, Jerry will reveal his secret to Elizabeth Webber, whom Ewen is in love with. In exchange for keeping the secret, Ewen has agreed to work for Jerry, a job he clearly despises. During this time, it is also revealed that Jerry is ill and appears to be slowly dying. He also tricked Todd Manning into broadcasting about the pathogen crises. Therefore, interrupting their shows in Port Charles.
The kidnapping of Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake was organized by Jerry under Cesar Faison's orders. Jerry ordered Dr. Ewen Keenan to have Robin placed in a special wing at Ferncliff where she was "treated" with electroshock therapy. Robin was first seen alive on March 26, 2012. Later, Jerry had Ewen move Robin to an institution in Switzerland. This nefarious plan is later explained in more detail after Jerry's disappearance on September 12th. The purpose for moving her there is because Robin's mother, Anna Devane, was close to finding her at Ferncliff. Faison is masquerading as Duke Lavery, and has Robin at the Switzerland institution because Faison believes that he can "reunite" Anna with Robin. This reuniting of mother and daughter will propel Anna to Faison (still as Duke though)
On August 10, Alexis Davis was lured to Wyndemere Castle by Jerry who posed as a gardener in a phone call saying that there had been an intruder. On August 13, Alexis was shown in the opening of the show being injected with an unknown substance before three escapees from Ferncliff came to Wyndemere right where Helena Cassadine was at. Jerry's niece Josslyn was kidnapped from her home by Dr. Ewen Keenan on behalf of Jerry on August 10, 2012. Like Alexis, Josslyn was seen being injected with an unknown substance. This substance is said to be the anti-toxin to the hydrochemical disease that Jerry has instructed his men to put in the water.
Jerry is seen on television screens all across the city telling the residents of Port Charles that they have been infected with a disease that has been given to them via the city water supply. The most wealthy people in Port Charles agree to pay Jerry a ransom for the cure to the disease. The city is locked down and people cannot go out or into the city. After a shootout at the harbor on a boat, Jerry is presumed dead after an explosion of gasoline or some fuel tanks were shot at. The doctors at GH have synthesized the antidote and have spread the antidote to the general public. The scare is over. The infecting the city with an incurable disease plan is believed to be Jerry's doing with the help of Joe Scully, Jr. The faking of the death and subsequent kidnapping of Robin is Faison's doing with an unknown correlation between Faison and Jerry.
Jerry resurfaces in December 2012 when Dr. Lisa Obrecht whisks Robin Scorpio-Drake away from the Swiss mental institution where she had been held hostage by Cesar Faison. Not wanting Robin to be found, she leaves her with Jerry. On September 30, 2013, Jerry appears again when Luke Spencer tries to find a cure for his radiation posioning. Luke goes back to the Cassadine Lab where he rescued his daughter Lulu and sees Jerry walking in. Jerry and Luke talk about what Jerry has been doing and Jerry orders Luke to be taken away. When Robin finds the cure Tracy forces Jerry to give it to Luke. Luke and Tracy then return the Port Charles.
On October 13, 2014, Tracy Quartermaine, Sam McCall and Patrick Drake were at a cafe in Amsterdam, where Tracy sat at a table alone to wait for Luke while Sam and Patrick were close by at another table. Tracy got a text and told Sam and Patrick that Luke was here, but they were stunned to see that the man who entered the cafe wasn't Luke at all - it was Jerry Jacks.
Jerry thanked Tracy for saving his seat but Tracy pointed out that he wasn't Luke, which Jerry thought was astute of Tracy to point out. Tracy reminded Jerry that Luke dropped him off the side of the Metro Court and that he was rotting from polonium poisoning before she said that he should be dead two times over and asked how he was alive. Jerry said that "alive" was a fluid concept, Tracy asked if he was a vampire now and he said that it had a certain appeal to it but he simply recovered. Tracy wondered how and Jerry revealed that it's because of Luke.
Jerry's men brought Sam and Patrick over to their table and Jerry said that they were his guests before asking a waiter for some of their finest edibles. After Sam and Patrick kept bringing up Jerry's past transgressions, talk turned back to Luke. Tracy eventually got a text from Luke and they figured out that Jerry stole Luke's phone. Tracy figured that Julian's boss was Jerry and not Luke since it made more sense but Sam and Patrick figured that maybe Luke and Jerry were working together. Tracy didn't believe their theory and was led to believe that Luke had been kidnapped. Jerry claimed that he had kidnapped Luke and was able to use his blood to get a cure for his polonium poisoning before he asked what they were willing to give in exchange for Luke.
After some time, Jerry said that he and Julian wanted shares of ELQ. Sam and Patrick didn't want Tracy to make a deal with Jerry Jacks, but Tracy ultimately agreed to give him shares of ELQ in order to save Luke. Eventually, Jerry and his men left the cafe before Tracy, Sam and Patrick eventually went back to Port Charles.
Later on, it was revealed that Jerry was working with Helena Cassadine, who was having her men keep an eye on Drew Cain (who was originally believed to be his twin brother, Jason Morgan back from the dead) in Port Charles. "Jason" had been hit by a car so he lost his memory and had to plastic surgery to reconstruct his face which left him looking like a completely different person.
On October 24, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri got a call from who she thought was Luke, but was stunned to hear Jerry instead. Eventually, Tracy got on the phone and talked to Jerry about their deal to save Luke. Tracy was able to secure shares from Alice Gunderson and from a couple other people. When Tracy can't get Ned to give up his shares to save Luke, Jerry tries to threaten Ned's daughter, Brook Lynn, but ultimately accepts the 15% and sends his associate to get them for him. However, Jerry deceives Tracy, and instead delivers Larry Ashton, Ned's father, angering Michael.
On December 10, 2015, Jerry is revealed to be helping to hold Robin captive and making her work on a cure for Helena's illness, but Helena died, so Jerry declares Robin is now useless to him, and prepared to kill her. Emma calls Robin, and Jerry let's her talk to Emma one last time. Afterwards, Robon convinces Jerry to give her a little more time to finish what she is working on.
On June 21, 2019, during a chat between Jax and Robert, it was revealed that Jerry had escaped from Steinmauer. Robert threatened to find and dismember Jerry if he so much as checked the weather in Berkeley, California.
- Accepted money from the mob to start J and J Jacks of Alaska
- A series of illegal activities including bombing, stealing, and assault
- Money laundering for the mob
- Punched Tony Jones [Jun 22, 1998]
- Planted a bomb in a warehouse that caused a fire, nearly killing Sonny Corinthos, Jasper Jacks, and Lucas Jones [Jun 29, 1998]
- Arrested for money laundering by the FBI [Nov 22, 1999]
- Various espionage and criminal activity [1999-2007]
- Held hostages during the Metro Court robbery [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Shot Robin Scorpio and critically injured her [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Shot Max Giambetti in the shoulder [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Shot Mateo Ruiz [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Fired shots at Sonny Corinthos and Carly Jacks [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Fought with Jason Morgan [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Blew up the Metro Court lobby with explosives while hostages were still inside [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Indirectly responsible for the death of Alan Quartermaine [Feb 2007; as James Craig; Alan suffered multiple heart attacks during the hostage crisis and no one attended to him, resulting in his death from heart failure at GH]
- Shootout with Jason [Mar 2007]
- Posioned Nikolas Cassadine with a toxin that required a counter agent every 24 hours [Spring 2007]
- Blackmailed Emily Quartermaine into signing documents implicating her of Treason [Spring 2007]
- Held Sam McCall, Amelia Joffe, and Damian Spinelli at gunpoint [May 22, 2007]
- Blackmailed Sam to sleep with Trevor Lansing for information [Summer 2007]
- Fabricated evidence to exonerate Jason Morgan of murder charges [Summer 2007]
- Manhandled Carly Jacks [Aug 3, 2007]
- Stabbed a gunman in the neck with a ballpoint pen in defense of himself and Carly [Aug 7, 2007]
- Held Carly at gunpoint [Aug 24-27, 2007]
- Killed his former lover, Irina in defense of himself, Jax and Carly [Aug 27, 2007]
- Had Stan Johnson killed under the orders of Franco [Jan 2008]
- Operated in a drug importing scheme with Claudia Zacchara and Ian Devlin 
- Conspired with Claudia and Ian to kill Sonny Corinthos [Mar 2008]
- Accomplice to the shooting of Michael Corinthos [Apr 7, 2008]
- Held a gun on Ian Devlin and threatened to kill him [Apr 7-8, 2008]
- Assaulted Ian Devlin by hitting him in the face with a gun [Apr 8, 2008]
- Held a gun on Ian and threatened to shoot him in the groin [Apr 21, 2008]
- Stabbed Claudia in the stomach and then threw her into the harbor [May 15-16, 2008]
- Got into a fistfight with Jax [Arrested; Jun 20, 2008]
- Held Johnny Zacchara at gunpoint [Jun 2008]
- Assaulted Matt Hunter [Sep 2008]
- Arson; set fire to the Emily Quartermaine Free Clinic [Sep 2008]
- Choked Sam [Sep 2008]
- Framed Sam for drug possession [Oct 2008]
- Kidnapped Sam and held her captive on a boat he planned to blow up [Nov 4-12, 2008]
- Drugged Sam with a sedative and knocked her out [Nov 5, 2008]
- Punched Spinelli in the face which knocked him out [Nov 11, 2008]
- Held Jason and Sam at gunpoint [Nov 11, 2008]
- Got into a fight with Jason [Nov 11, 2008]
- Shot two men while in Mexico 
- Was hired by Claudia to kidnap Kristina Davis and Michael Corinthos [Jul 31, 2009]
- Kidnapped Sam again to lure Jason to an abandoned church [Aug 10-11, 2009]
- Set Sam up to be raped [Aug 10-11, 2009]
- Shot Jason in the clavicle and left him for dead in an abandon church [Aug 11-12, 2009; Sam rescued Jason on Aug 14, 2009]
- Shot a morgue attendant [Dec 14, 2010]
- Held Carly at gunpoint [Dec 16, 2010]
- Held Siobhan McKenna at gunpoint and threatened to kill her [Dec 17-20, 2010]
Health and Vitals
- Nearly died in a car accident 
- Had a scalpel held to his neck by Sam McCall [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Almost killed by Jason Morgan [Feb 2007; as James Craig]
- Threatened by Damian Spinelli [May 22, 2007]
- Slapped by Carly Jacks [Jul 4, 2007]
- Threatened by Spinelli to step away from Carly [Jul 12, 2007]
- Assaulted by Carly and doubled over in pain [Aug 3, 2007]
- Had a stab wound in the abdomen [revealed Aug 3, 2007]
- Had a fever and was delirious due to the wound being infected [Aug 3-6, 2007]
- Held at gunpoint by a gunman [Aug 7, 2007]
- Held at gunpoint by his brother, Jax [Aug 27, 2007]
- Slapped by Carly [Nov 12, 2007]
- Slapped by Alexis Davis [Dec 6, 2007]
- Punched by Jax [Jun 19, 2008]
- Attacked and held at gunpoint by Johnny Zacchara [Jun 2008]
- Threatened by Spinelli in his (Spinelli's) own way [Nov 11, 2008]
- Nearly attacked by Spinelli [Nov 11, 2008; Spinelli's attacks did not phase Jerry]
- Had a tracking device placed on him by Spinelli during their altercation [Nov 11, 2008]
- Shot at by Sam [Nov 11, 2008]
- Attacked by Jason which turned into a fight [Nov 11, 2008]
- Presumed dead in a ship explosion [Nov 12, 2008; Jerry was revealed to be alive weeks later]
- Caught near an explosion (along with Jason) [Apr 23-24, 2009; both were hospitalized and Jerry escaped]
- Threatened by his brother, Jax [Apr 24, 2009]
- Slapped by Sam [Aug 10, 2009]
- Presumed dead after being shot by a hitman hired by Theo Hoffman and falling into the harbor [Dec 20, 2010; Jerry was revealed to be alive on Aug 3, 2012]
- Radiation poisoning [2012-14; poisoning revealed Sep 11, 2012; revealed to have been cured on Oct 13, 2014]
- Slapped by Alexis [Aug 10, 2012]
- Held at gunpoint and beat up by Jason [Aug 28, 2012]
- Held at gunpoint by his brother, Jax [Sep 4, 2012]
- Almost got shot by his brother, Jax during a struggle for the gun [Sep 11, 2012]
- Shot in the hand by Sonny Corinthos [Sep 11, 2012]
- Presumed dead after being caught in an explosion over the harbor [Sep 11-12, 2012; Jerry was revealed to be alive on Dec 18, 2012]
- Shot in the shoulder by Tracy Quartermaine [Oct 14, 2013]
- Shot in the leg by Robert Scorpio [Nov 18, 2013]
- Held at gunpoint by Robert [Nov 18, 2013]
- Handcuffed to a bed at a hotel suite and hold there against his will by Robert, Anna, and Luke Spencer until he was freed by Bobbie [Nov 2013]
- Fell off the Metro Court Hotel balcony after struggling with Luke [Dec 3, 2013]
- Had guns pulled on him by Anna and Robert [Dec 18-21, 2015]
- Grabbed by the jacket and slammed into a wall by Dr. Patrick Drake [Dec 21, 2015]
- Threatened to be found and dismembered by Robert if he checked on the weather in Berkeley, California [Jun 21, 2019]
|Bernie Abrahms · Brenda Barrett · Helena Cassadine · Nikolas Cassadine · Carly Corinthos · Morgan Corinthos · Sonny Corinthos · Kristina Corinthos-Davis · Alexis Davis · Noah Drake · Patrick Drake · Dante Falconeri · Max Giambetti · Alice Gunderson · Kate Howard · Jasper Jacks · Jerry Jacks · Epiphany Johnson · Maxie Jones · Molly Lansing-Davis · Diane Miller · Jason Morgan · Sam Morgan · Alan Quartermaine · Edward Quartermaine · Monica Quartermaine · Olivia Quartermaine · Tracy Quartermaine · Mac Scorpio · Robin Scorpio-Drake · Lucky Spencer · Luke Spencer · Lulu Spencer · Damian Spinelli · Elizabeth Webber · Johnny Zacchara|
|Carolyn Hennesy (real world) · Damian Spinelli and Diane Miller (General Hospital world)|
|List of General Hospital cast members · History of General Hospital|