|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Réal Andrews as Marcus Taggert|
|Portrayed by|| Réal Andrews|
(1996-97; 1998-03; 2020-present)
Mathew St. Patrick (1997)
|First appearance||December 17, 1996|
|Last appearance||August 27, 2020|
|Cause/reason||Left town and went back into hiding|
|Created by|| Richard Culliton|
|Introduced by|| Wendy Riche (1996)|
Frank Valentini (2020)
He was portrayed by Réal Andrews from 1996 to 1997 and again from 1998 until 2003.
He was also portrayed by Matthew St. Patrick in 1997.
Andrews returned from August 19 to August 27, 2020.
Because of Deke's attention, Marcus turned his life around and became a policeman himself. He was devastated when his mentor was shot down in an alley and determined to get revenge on the alleged murderer, Sonny Corinthos.
In 1996, Marcus moved to Port Charles and got a job on the PCPD. He then took it upon himself to persecute and harass Sonny every chance he got. His vendetta with Sonny has gotten him in trouble on the job on more than one occasion. He even got involved romantically with Sonny's cast-off, Hannah Scott.
Before that, he had a soft spot for Sonny's first wife, Lily Rivera Corinthos, and her death via a bomb meant for Sonny just made Marcus hate Sonny more. Because of his fondness for Lily, Marcus allowed Juan Santiago, Lily's son by Miguel Morez that was given up for adoption, to become his ward.
Then, Marcus' sister Gia turned up in Port Charles. She had been attending Columbia University but decided that wasn't the life for her. She dropped out without her mother's knowledge and took a job as a nanny to a couple who lived in Port Charles.
When Marcus found Gia, Florence decided to move to Port Charles, too, so she could be near both of her children. Both Marcus and Florence Campbell rent apartments in the Brownstone owned by Bobbie Spencer. Marcus lives in the basement apartment where Felicia Jones used to live with her daughters. On May 8, 2003, Marcus was forced to move out of town by Scott Baldwin.
On January 17, 2020, Marcus returned to town and argued with Sonny over his return. Upon his arrival to the Port Charles Police Department, it's revealed that he was formerly partners with Commissioner Jordan Ashford and he was the mystery person she called and asked to come to town right away. On February 19, 2020, it was revealed that Marcus is the father of Trina Robinson.
On February 26, on the night of the school dance Trina is attending, Trina and Cameron Webber are being transported there by a rideshare driver who is really Walker, one of Cyrus Renault's henchmen, kidnapping them to get Marcus' attention after failing to kill him earlier. Trina and Cameron were being held hostage at gunpoint as Marcus arrives, but Cameron attacks one of the gunmen and flees with Trina as a nasty gun battle ensues.
While Jason, Curtis, and Marcus exchange gunfire with Walker and his co-henchmen, one of them shoots Marcus in the stomach. Walker and his men were about to finish him off, but Jason and Curtis saved him and had him transported to the hospital. Meanwhile, Walker and one other henchman escaped since three of their colleagues were killed in battle by Jason and Marcus. Unfortunately, on March 2, Lucas reveals that Marcus has died from a blood clot in the brain due to his gunshot wound. Before he died, Marcus somewhat made peace with his life long enemy Sonny, and thanked him and Jason for saving his daughter.
On March 31, Jordan used a burner phone to contact someone (presumably Marcus) and revealed the plan to get Cyrus out of prison and said that she needed to know that it was okay. The conversation could be a hint that Taggert might still be alive.
On August 19, it was revealed that Taggert is alive and he faked his death in a plot with Jordan, in which he was supposed to stay far away from Port Charles. However, he returned and met Jordan on The Waterfront claiming that he had unfinished business in town. Jordan pulled strings at the bureau to help Taggert fake his death and get a new identity. Epiphany Johnson was roped in on the ruse as she had to slow down his heart enough for everyone to believe he was dead. The plan was for Jordan to work on collecting more evidence to take Cyrus down for real, but he returns to town after seeing Jordan's press conference where she seemingly praises Cyrus. He makes up his mind to go after Cyrus himself, however, Jordan convinces him to let it go and return to witness protection.
On August 24, Taggert found Julian Jerome trying to kill Nelle Benson on The Waterfront, so he attacked Julian in her defense, but ended up getting shot in the shoulder during the ensuing struggle. After Nelle escaped and Julian left, Jason found Taggert lying on the ground bleeding.
Jason got Taggert to a safe house and called Epiphany over so that she could treat Taggert's gunshot wound. Thankfully he required no surgery as it was a clean wound. Jason figured that Epiphany knew Taggert was alive, but she said it was her business, not his. Later on, Sonny showed up and was surprised to see Taggert alive, and when Taggert woke up, Sonny asked him how he's alive and why he came back. Taggert explained how Jordan helped him fake his death and he wanted to protect Trina. He hates the fact that she's grieving but he knows it's for the best. Sonny and Jason suggested that Taggert could eliminate Cyrus but Taggert knows if he did then he would have to go underground forever and would never see his daughter again. Taggert wanted Sonny to eliminate Cyrus and to take care of Trina and Sonny promised that he would. Eventually, Taggert left and walked outside of Kelly's to find Trina in there with her mom Portia Robinson. After seeing Trina one last time while wearing a hoodie to keep his face hidden, Taggert left Port Charles again.
- Harassment of Sonny Corinthos [1996-2003]
- Manufactured evidence with the help of Jordan Ashford, Bob Massicotte, and Mark Simon, and then framed Cyrus Renault for crimes which he was guilty of committing [pre-2010; revealed on Feb 6, 2020, details revealed on Feb 21, 2020]
- Assaulted one of Cyrus' men who attacked him [Feb 26, 2020; self-defense]
- Assaulted one of Cyrus' men who kidnapped Cameron Webber and his daughter, Trina Robinson [Feb 28, 2020]
- Engaged in a gun battle with Walker and Cyrus' men [Feb 28, 2020]
- Shot and killed one of Cyrus' men in defense of Trina [Feb 28, 2020]
- Faking his death with the help of Jordan and Epiphany Johnson [Mar 2, 2020-present; revealed Aug 19, 2020]
- Assaulted Julian Jerome in defense of Nelle Benson [Aug 24, 2020]
Health and Vitals
- Forced to move out of town by Scott Baldwin [May 8, 2003]
- Attacked and nearly injected with opioids by Walker and Jenkins under the orders of Cyrus Renault [Feb 26, 2020, hospitalized]
- Engaged in a gun battle with Walker and Cyrus' men [Feb 28, 2020]
- Shot in the stomach by one of Cyrus' men in a failed attempt to get the jump on Walker in a gun battle [Feb 28, 2020]
- Almost got shot and killed by Walker after getting wounded [Feb 28, 2020; saved by Curtis and Jason]
- Presumed dead at the hospital after experiencing a blood clot in his brain due to the gunshot wound he suffered [Mar 2, 2020; Taggert was revealed to be alive on Aug 19, 2020]
- Shot in the shoulder by Julian Jerome during a struggle [Aug 24, 2020]
- ↑ "Réal Andrews Returns to GH as Marcus Taggert", Soaps.com, SheKnows Media, LLC, January 16, 2020. Retrieved on February 9, 2020.
- ↑ "Réal Andrews Confirms GH Exit Following the Death of Marcus Taggert", Soaps.com, March 3, 2020. Retrieved on March 3, 2020.
- ↑ "Réal Andrews Returns to General Hospital as Marcus Taggert", Soaps.com, Sheknows Media, LLC, August 19, 2020. Retrieved on August 19, 2020.