- Nathan redirects here. For other uses of the name, see Nathan or Nathin (disambiguation).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Portrayed by||Ryan Paevey|
|First appearance||December 30, 2013|
|Last appearance||February 9, 2018|
|Cause/reason||Escorted to heaven by Georgie after his funeral|
|Created by||Ron Carlivati|
|Introduced by||Frank Valentini|
|Birth name||James Nathan Reeves|
|Namesake(s)|| Jaime Summers|
|Nickname(s)|| J (by Nina)|
County Mounty (by Claudette)
The Dashing Detective
|Born|| September 22, 1986|
(Revised to February 10, 1987)
|Died|| 8:49 pm, January 31, 2018|
Port Charles, New York
|Age||30 (at death)|
|Cause of death||Complications after being shot in the chest by his father, Cesar Faison|
|Education||Huxley Prep School|
Det. James Nathan West was a fictional character on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital. He was the son of supervillains, Cesar Faison (deceased) and Dr. Liesl Obrecht and the legal son of his late aunt, socialite Madeline Reeves and her late husband, Mr. Reeves.
He was portrayed by actor Ryan Paevey from December 30, 2013 to February 9, 2018.
In November 2013, the producers released a casting call for a contract role.
In late December, then Head writer, Ron Carlivati announced Paevey's casting on Twitter.
ABC Soaps In Depth confirmed the character's full name to be Nathan West.
During an interview with Afterbuzz TV, Paevey revealed that the rather unconventional casting process started when he was just lounging around with his close friends and management team and one of his managers suggested that Paevey should meet with casting director Mark Teschner.
Paevey revealed that when he first auditioned for the show, "there was no part. They just wanted some young blood on the show." The producers had the actor come in to read dummy sides quite a few times.
Of his casting, Paevey said,
- "This is my first series regular role, the first time I have a dressing room with my name on the door. I'm not an ego guy, but by the same token, I also kind of wanted to [do] my best to fit in quickly."
Paevey himself was shocked by his success because he had no prior acting experience when he auditioned for General Hospital.
On January 18, 2017, Paevey revealed that he would be offscreen again for about a month to be villain in a movie, later revealed to be called The Storm. He last appeared on February 16, 2017 and returned on March 29, 2017.
Paevey also took some time off to film his Hallmark movie, Harvest Love but revealed on August 10, 2017, that he would be back in the studio in less than a week. In the August 1-25, 2017 Soaps in Depth, it was revealed that Paevey shot scenes in advance before he went to film his movie and that there will be no noticeable on-screen absence.
The initial casting notice described the character as a "Caucasian" in his "late 20s" who is "Handsome, sexy" and "dynamic." The character was further described as a "Rich, privileged, charming badboy." However, the "badboy" characteristic appeared to have been dropped by the time of Paevey's casting.
In an interview with Soap Opera Digest, Paevey described Nathan as a "good guy," who is "guided by a moral compass. He's a straight-shooter." Paevey described Nathan's demeanor as a cop as "hawklike focus." Ron Carlivati described Nathan as a "hard-nosed, buttoned-down, practical guy."
Soap Opera Digest described Nathan as a "hard-driving cop character."
Paevey told Soaps In Depth that Nathan's birth name, "James represents a part his family [and himself] that is restricted." This complicates things further because he loves his family very much and there are several aspects of that family that make Nathan who he is.
Paevey said that during the audition process when the character was being formed, he noticed that he and the character had a lot in common.
Paevey on similarities to character,
- "I'm a straight shooter. I tell it like it is. I can be kind of blunt. I'm serious and stoic. I have great respect for justice. Truth and honesty are big things to me. I can tell when I'm being lied to. Always. Nathan is the same way. We both place importance on honesty, justice and fairness."
Since the character's introduction it has been very clear that "he's a law-abiding, true-seeking good guy."
Paevey immediately rejected the notion that Nathan could have a dark side because of his genetics -- "I don't think he's the type" Paevey insisted. "Sometimes a good egg comes out of a bad nest."
According to Paevey, Nathan is not "morally ambiguous." He doesn't have some deep dark sketchy past that he is trying to live down. Nathan is "straight and he's clear. My gut tells me that," Paevey said. Paevey later said "I think the fact that his family was so busted up is the reason he's a good guy."
It was revealed that Nathan West is the biological son of Dr. Liesl Obrecht, who gave him to her sister, Madeline to raise, alongside her daughter, Nina Reeves, to go chasing after Cesar Faison. Although according to Liesl, she gave him up to give him a better life. He became a cop to take down the person who put Nina in a coma. Although he changed his name to Nathan West, his middle name and his aunts maiden name, his birth name is James Nathan Reeves. He is stated to be a lot younger then Nina.
In 2014, Nathan was told that the late, Victor Cassadine was his father but it was later confirmed by Leisl that he wasn't Nathan's father. In 2018, Cesar Faison was revealed to be his father, making him and Dr. Britt Westbourne full siblings. Liesl explanation for keeping the secret was that she knew if she had a son that Faison would take him, poison him and fashion him into his own image.
Nathan's relationship with his biological mother is pretty good. His relationship with his aunt, the woman who raised him, is non-existent at this point. He also has a good relationship with both of his sisters.
He was married to Claudette Beaulieu from 2006 until her death in 2016.
He was married to Maxie Jones until his death in January of 2018 and together they have a son named, James, who was born in May of 2018, delivered by his paternal-half older brother, Peter August. Through his marriage to Maxie, he gained Georgie as a stepdaughter.
His best friend was Det. Dante Falconeri.
Nathan was killed in the line of duty by his father Cesar Faison in January of 2018.
On August 19, 2020, during the 2020 Nurses' Ball, his widow Maxie accidentally reveals to everyone that she is pregnant with his brother Peter's child after a microphone malfunction with Lulu, before her Deception Cosmetics pitch.
Nathan arrives in town on New Years Eve. He is seen is at Maxie Jones's apartment door and we learn that he will be subletting Maxie's place while she is out of town. Maxie and Nathan share a brief discussion about making a fresh start in the new year and past mistakes, before Maxie leaves for the airport. After Maxie leaves, Nathan starts to settle into the apartment. He then makes a phone call and it's discovered that he is the police detective from New York that has been hounding Dr. Silas Clay and Ava Jerome, and he knows their secret.
He continues to hound Silas and Ava with calls and texts, but they both ignore him. He then goes to see then Commissioner Anna Devane at the Port Charles Police Department, because he wanted to be hired on as a detective in Port Charles, so he could pursue the suspects in his case. He initially says he wants to work in Port Charles to help bring down the Jerome mob family that was trying to move into the city. He then tells Anna about the Silas and Ava case, without revealing all of the reasons why he is so intent on closing this case. Anna decides to hire him at the PCPD and is assigned to be Dante Falconeri's partner, but makes it clear that he must tend to his regular duties first, and the case that brought him to town would have to come secondary. Later, Nathan goes to the hospital to confront Silas.
Silas is evasive toward Nathan's questions and refers Nathan to his lawyer, Diane Miller. This prompts Nathan to pay a visit to Sam Morgan, Silas' girlfriend, and he reveals to her that Silas has a wife. Silas showed up at the police station a day later, unhappy with the fact that Nathan spilled his secret to Sam, and finally agreed to talk to him. While questioning Silas about Nina's overdose, Nathan reveals that the anti-depressant Nina overdosed on was prescribed to Silas and not Nina. After questioning Silas, Nathan also brings Ava into the station and questions her on what she knows about the situation.
Nathan's investigation into Silas and Ava is put on hold when Carly Corinthos-Jacks is kidnapped. He begins working with his new partner, Dante Falconeri to solve the case and find Carly. While on the case, he unknowingly meets Dante's wife, Lulu, when he goes to Carly's house to collect evidence. Nathan turns out to be Madeline's son James Reeves. He changed his name when he joined the police force in order to become the head investigator in his sister's case. Madeline isn't too happy about Nathan's career choice but wants him to prove once and for all that Silas is guilty and after Nina's money.
On April 7, it is revealed that Madeline was the one who killed Nina but she didn't mean for Nina to die, she wanted to kill Nina's baby. On April 8, Nathan arrests his "mother" for murder and then goes back to his apartment to find Maxie and her new boyfriend Levi, who right off the bat gets on his nerves. Later, Nathan goes to a bar and picks up Britt, not knowing that they are related, and brings her home where they almost have sex but are interrupted by Maxie. A few days later, Madeline tells Nathan that Liesl Obrecht is his mother making Britt his sister. On April 30, Nathan tells Britt that they brother and sister and they are both grateful to Maxie for interrupting them before they had sex. In May, Nathan preforms a striptease at The Nurses' Ball with Milo and the Magic Wands.
In June of 2014, Nathan lied to a judge and said that he threw Maxie's custody hearing summons away. He also reunites with his not so dead sister/cousin, Nina. On the day of Patrick and Sabrina's son's funeral Nathan and Levi get into an argument and Levi punches him. He is later called to be a part of Maxie's custody hearing and it is revealed that the judge found out that he might have lied. Nathan told judge that he didn't lie so the judge asks him testify under oath but before he can Maxie stops him and admits that he lied for her.
Maxie is later denied custody and visitation rights again. After the hearing Nathan accuses Levi of telling the judge (which he did) but he denies it. Maxie chews Nathan out for accuses Levi of telling the judge. A couple of days later, Nathan arrests Levi for trespassing on the Waterfront property but when he tries to arrest Maxie they end up handcuffed together. On July 3 (the 4th of July on the show), Nathan and Maxie walk home but along the way they fight and watch the fireworks. The next morning, Nathan and Maxie wake up together on the couch, still handcuffed, after a long night of looking for the key. They end up having a moment but Levi walks in and interrupts it. Later on, Levi finds the key and Nathan unlocks the cuffs. He later goes to work and talks to Dante about his night with Maxie.
The next day, Nathan is accused of calling immigration and the number is found in his phone. Afterwards, Maxie kicks him out of the apartment. Nathan goes to Dante and talks to him about Levi calling immigration on himself. Later on, Nathan finds out that Maxie and Levi are getting married. At the end of July, Nathan goes to see Nina and ends up finally admitting that he has fellings for Maxie. On August 8, Nathan ends up admitting to Mac that he has romantic feelings for Maxie.
Later on, Nathan finds out that someone stole the Aztec necklace from Paul Murphy and he goes to confront Levi, where he finds the necklace. He is about to arrest Levi when he pulls a gun on him. Levi then reveals his true intentions, which are to marry Maxie and take the Aztec jewels. When he tries to get the gun away from Levi they start fighting and it is revealed that Nathan was beat up then tied up by Levi. Later on, Dante finds Nathan tied up and he tells Dante that Levi is a con and they can't let him marry Maxie. Dante unties him and he interrupts the wedding just in time, announcing that Levi is under arrest and tells Maxie that he is a con man. Then Levi pulls a gun on Maxie and Nathan tries to keep her calm. He also has to put down his gun so nothing happens to Maxie. Later on, Levi and his accomplice kidnap Maxie (along with Lulu) but Nathan promises her that he will find her.
Later on, Nathan and Dante start looking for Maxie and Lulu. They soon discover the boats captain in the water and question him. They find out that the girls were okay and were talking up a storm. Nathan is amused when he finds out Maxie was repeatedly saying that she wasn't Levi's wife. They also find out that the boat was sinking and that the girls were probably at the bottom of the lake. Nathan tells Dante blames himself for the ordeal saying that he lived with Levi and knew that something was off and that he went about it the wrong way by not calling for back up when he confront Levi. Nathan also has to sit and wait while the dive team searches the water for them. After the search one of the officers comes back with Maxie's vail leading everyone to believe that Maxie and Lulu were gone.
Nathan starts to freak out because he's scared for Maxie so Britt gives him a pep talk by tell him to channel his inner Obrecht and they also talk about his feelings for Maxie. After their talk, he gets a text from Dante saying that he is following up on a lead at the Floating Rib. When he gets their Dante is questioning Coleman and he tells them where the meeting with Levi was suppose to take place. Nathan and Dante head to the cabin where they find Scribner shot, but the girls and Levi are nowhere to be found. Nathan and Dante search for clues and find a picture of Frisco and Felicia and Frisco is circled. Nathan and Dante decide to split up, Nathan heads to the hospital to talk to Felicia while Dante heads to the station to talk to Anna. When Nathan gets to the hospital he finds out that Scribner is alive and that Felicia has not been able to contact Frisco. When Scribner wakes up Nathan finds out that Levi Dunkleman is an alias. Levi's real name is Peter Harrell, Jr., making him the son of Felicia Scorpio's ex-fiance, Peter Harrell, Sr.
The next morning, Nathan is the station praying that Maxie is alright. He gets a visit from Britt and Nikolas, who bring him food. Anna walks in asks to see him regarding a lead before he leaves he tells Britt that once he gets Maxie in his arms he won't let her go and that nothing will ever stand between them again. Nathan, Anna and Dante discuss Peter, Sr. and Peter, Jr. and what the connection is. They figure that Peter, Jr. is either working to avenge his father or working with him. After they talk, Dante gets a call from Lulu. Nathan asks if Maxie is there and when she answers it's a huge a sigh of relief for him. While on the phone with Lulu, Nathan and Dante try to trace the call but Levi gets a hold of it and ends it. Luckily, the phone call was just long enough to trace and there is a location on the girls. Nathan and Dante get a team together and head to the house where the girls are.
Nathan and Dante try to negotiate with Levi, who is using Lulu as a human shield, while Maxie is still tied to a chair. Nathan is able to move so he can see Maxie and mouths to her that he's coming and goes around to the back entrance but before he can do anything, Dante shoots Levi. Maxie is then freed from the ropes and asks where Nathan is. Nathan is still outside when gas starts to fill the room and everyone passes out. It turns out that Victor Cassadine is behind this. Nathan is still outside when Victor starts talking about how someone is missing and he tells Nathan to come out or he will kill Maxie. Nathan comes in with his gun raised but puts it down when Victor threatens to kill Maxie again. Nathan then checks on Maxie and tries to wake her up but she is sedated. Victor then threatens to kill him until he finds out that Nathan is Liesl's son, he then questions Nathan about who his father is but Nathan says he doesn't know. Nathan asks if Victor is going to kill him to get on with it but Victor says that he needs to be patient because that plan is put on hold.
Nathan is later seen being dragged inside by two armed guys when he hears Maxie calling and he tries to get to her but can't because the men subdue him. He gets hit with the butt of a gun and is about to be hit again but Victor walks in and stops it. He asks where Maxie is and Victor says that he can see her but not before taking some of the blood off of his face. The guys take Nathan to see Maxie where they chain him to a pole and then punch him in the stomach. When he and Maxie are alone they talk about everything that has happened and he finds out that she wasn't going to go through with the wedding because of him. She says that Mac told her about his feelings for her and he confirms that what Mac said is true. He asks if she has feelings for him and she says that she can't answer that because she doesn't trust her judgement.
Nathan and Maxie decide to focus on getting out and getting help. He is able to get a paper clip and unlock Maxie's cuff but she breaks it before she can unlock his. Maxie decides to go get help on her own, much to Nathan's dislike, but he makes her promise him that she will be safe and that she will come back to him. After Maxie leaves, Nathan gets a visit from Peter, who asks where Maxie is but Nathan says that he doesn't know. Peter taunts him for awhile and then leaves saying that he is going to go find Maxie. When someone comes in to the room to check on him, Nathan is able to over power the guy and get out of the handcuffs and out of the room. He then makes his way to Victor. When arrives at Victor's office he asks where Maxie is and tells Victor that he will shoot him if he doesn't take him to Maxie. He also finds out that Victor is his father.
After Nathan gets a location on Maxie, it is later revealed that Liesl lied about Victor being Nathan's father. Nathan finds Maxie just as Peter, Sr. is about to stab her and he shoots him in the back, killing him. He then goes to check on Maxie and the two hug for the first time. Nathan and Maxie are about to leave when Peter, Jr. attacks Nathan and they start fighting. Peter gets the upper hand and is about to shoot Nathan when Maxie stabs him in the back, killing him. Then, Nathan and Maxie share their first kiss. They continue kissing and then pull away. Afterwards, Nathan teaches Maxie how to handle a gun and then they leave. Nathan and Maxie then end up in a room with two unconscious guys and then they hear a noise that they find out is going off because the building is going to self-destruct. Nathan and Maxie find Dante and Lulu and then while trying to find a way out they run into Anna and Obrecht, who hugs Nathan. Then he asks where Victor is and is informed that he is dead. Nathan and everyone else head for the front door but it's lock as well so they all agree to shoot at the door in order to break the lock. Nathan and Dante kick the door open and everyone is free but not long after, the clinic blows up.
Later on, Nathan arrives at the PCPD and is reunited with his sister, Britt. Nathan tells Britt that he's fine and that he is a Cassadine. He says that he hasn't given much thought to being a Cassadine but Britt says that their not all bad. He says that he will adjust and Britt tells him that when he ready she will pave the way. She brings up that fact that he has more pressing matters...Maxie. He tells her that he did tell Maxie about his feeling that she couldn't say if she returned them. Britt says that if she can't see how special he is after he literally saved her life then she is not worth his time, but Nathan disagrees. He is its not like she turned him down flat and Britt asks if they stand a chance. Nathan thinks about the kiss and tells her that he isn't going to give up on Maxie just yet. After talking to his sister, Nathan runs into Maxie and she tells him that her parents are insisting that she stay at their house tonight but he is welcome to stay at the apartment to which he says that he might take her up on that offer. Then Maxie says that it's going to be weird not being around him after having been locked up with him for so long and he says that maybe they better come off that gradually. He then asks her to go to dinner with him and she says yes.
Nathan is seen texting Maxie about there date outside Anna Devane's door. He goes in and asks Anna why his mother is still in custody. Nathan says that Britt is getting antsy and is threatening to bring the press in on this. He explains that he doesn't want Anna to look bad because of her history with Obrecht. He and Anna continue talking when Jordan walks in. The three of them talk about the accident with the John Doe and find out that Jordan didn't cause it, Ava did. Jordan asks Nathan to give her and the commissioner some time alone and Nathan agrees. He leaves and checks his phone just as Maxie walks up. Nathan says that he was just thinking of her and she says same here.
He asks if there date is still on and she says that she is here to give him an answer in person. She tells him that she can't go out with him at all because she just needs to be alone so he gives her a proposition: He will be at the Metro Court and she shows up great if not then thats okay. Later on, he tells Dante about the date and Dante tells him to go. He goes to the Metro Court and is about to leave when Maxie shows up. Their date goes well until Judge Walters interrupts and tells them that if Maxie wants to see her daughter she can no longer see Nathan. Nathan and Maxie part ways later on. A few days later, Nathan confides in Dante about the disaster that his and Maxie's date turned into. Later, Nathan runs into Maxie at the gym and they talk about Obrecht, then they part ways again.
Then Nathan goes home to find his mother and aunt and has a confrontation with them both. Later, his mom leaves and then him and his aunt talk about Nina being crazy. Nathan doesn't believe her at first but when he finds out that she knocked Silas out he starts to believe it. He searches for Nina and then goes home and talks to Madeline, not knowing that Nina is hiding there. He continues to search for Nina and asks Rosalie to help but she lies saying she doesn't know anything. On Beggars Night, Nathan takes a break from searching for Nina to see if Diane could help him and Maxie with the judge but she can't. Maxie shows up but then leaves when she finds out that Diane can't help. He then continues searches for Nina, texts Maxie and reams out Rosalie for her part in Baby Girl Jerome's kidnapping. Nathan then goes to the warehouse with Dante where they find Heather, Carly, Jordan and Shawn. He brings Heather to the PCPD and then gets a lead on Nina but finds an unconscious Madeline. Nathan talks to Madeline and finds out that Franco took Nina and the baby. He goes to see Carly and asks for help and he is also there when Carly is arrested. A few days later he spends Thanksgiving with his mom and sister at Wyndemere but then is interrupted by his aunt who wants an update on Nina and to say goodbye.
In December, Nathan and Dante are transporting Faison to Pentonville when Nathan is shot by a gunman who was holding Sam hostage. The gunman lets Sam go, but he flees the scene of the crime with the Pentonville van and Faison flees the country with Britt. He recovers from his gunshot wound at the hospital where he learns that Judge Walters didn't let Maxie see Georgie again. Nathan wants to go confront the judge, but Maxie stops him. Later on, Maxie shows up to visit Nathan again. They play Connect 4, but Nathan is distracted because it was the day of Nina's hearing. He later gets a call from Alexis saying Nina avoided Pentonville and Judge Walters called her with news regarding Georgie. Maxie thinks its something negative and says Walters probably added another six months for visitation, but Nathan convinces her to go to the courthouse and they kiss. It is revealed that Nathan already knows that Maxie is about to get good news.
Later on, Maxie rushes to tell Nathan the good news and wonders if he had anything to do with it. He says he has no clue how it happened. Later on, Nathan and Maxie exchange Christmas gifts early because she is going to be in Portland for Christmas. Maxie gives Nathan a Floating Rib card and Nathan gives her these expensive shoes she's been wanting since the spring. Maxie is pleasantly suprised and tells Nathan these must have cost him a fortune. Nathan says he's been saving and Lulu helped him track them down. Nathan helps Maxie put the shoes on and she talks about how beautiful they are. Maxie and Nathan share a Christmas kiss. Nathan tells her she should get ready to go to Portland. Nathan tells her to be home by New Year's Eve and that they can make new memories in 2015. Maxie says it's a date and they kiss again. On December 24, Nathan gets to meet Georgie over the phone and it is revealed that Obrecht is the reason that Maxie gets to see her daughter.
On New Years Eve, Lulu brings Nathan home from the hospital and helps him prepare for his and Maxie's second date. Nathan says he can't believe it's been a year since Maxie first opened the door to him. Later on, Nathan gets call from Maxie saying that her flight got cancelled and they say they miss each other. Nathan and Maxie discuss their problems with Lulu and Spinelli (Maxie with Spinelli and Nathan with Lulu). They talk about how something always seems to get in the way of them having a relationship, first Levi, then Walters, now fog. They also talk about how they want a beautiful relationship, like the relationship Spinelli has with Ellie and Lulu has with Dante. Nathan and Maxie are both determined to see each other. Nathan later arrives in Portland to find Maxie gone and Maxie arrives in Port Charles to find Nathan gone. Nathan asks Spinelli where Maxie is and he says she is back in Port Charles. Spinelli also asks Nathan how he was able to get a flight to Portland and Nathan tells him that he called in a few favors to one of his aunt's friends and got flown to a private airstrip outside of Portland (the same one that Maxie took off from too). He calls Maxie and tells her he is going to get a fight out and be back in Port Charles by nine o' clock. Before Nathan leaves Portland he gets to meet Georgie in person.
Maxie arrives at the airport to pick him up but Nathan's flight has been diverted and he's in Beechers Corner. Maxie says she is coming to pick him up while Nathan says he will take a cab to her apartment (the call had bad connection). Nathan arrives at the apartment to find Dante and Lulu eating the ribs they bought for Maxie and his date, while Maxie arrives at Beechers Corner airport to find no Nathan. Nathan calls and says he's in the apartment. Maxie tells him she can't drive back because they towed her car away, Nathan tells her to take a cab. Maxie later calls to tell Nathan that her cab broke down. Minutes until midnight, Maxie arrives at the apartment to find no Nathan yet again, right at that moment Nathan calls and he says he went to pick her up. Maxie tells him the tow truck driver drove her back to the apartment. Maxie says at least they tried, and then someone knocks on her door, Maxie goes to open it and it's Nathan!!!!!. Maxie hugs him and he says I guess I wasn't so far away after all and then they kiss. Maxie asks him if this is really real that he is actually here and he says it's New Year's Eve, where else would he be but at her door. They then share a midnight kiss.
After they kiss, Nathan says that he has waited a whole year to do that, to touch her and look her. Maxie says he has looked her but he says not like she was his and he was hers. Maxie says it feels good and Nathan says it feels unreal. He also says that 2015 is their year and then they kiss again. Then Maxie pulls away and tells him that she can't believe he trick her--she thought he stood for truth and honesty. He says that he did leave when she told him that her cab broke down because he couldn't stand the thought of her being alone at midnight. She asks what made him come back. He tells her a little voice was nagging at him that he was going to miss her and that he should stay put. They both agree that it was good that he stayed. Maxie asks Nathan if he was responsible for the food, Nathan says that was Dante and Lulu. Maxie says she doesn't deserve Nathan because he is all the things she isn't and she always messes things up. Nathan tells Maxie that she could not be more wrong and that he thinks she is beautiful, funny, loving and flawed. After a bit of awkwardness between the two, they head to the bedroom and make love for the first time.
The next morning, Nathan and Maxie wake up in bed together and continue making love. Afterwards, Maxie asks Nathan if he was tutored in seduction like he was tutored in french cause he knows how to dazzle her. He speaks french to her and says "it's a gift" and she says that she has gift for him - her lips and then they kiss. Nathan pulls away and Maxie thinks it's because she has morning breath but he says no, he likes the way she tastes but he needs 20 minutes to recharge. She tells him not to scare her like that and that sometimes a kiss is just a kiss. He asks if this is one of those times and she says no. Later on, Nathan makes breakfast in his underwear and then Maxie comes in. They talk and Maxie jumps on him. They end up having sex all over the living room.
Dante and Nathan arrive at Johnny's apartment to talk to him. Dante tells him to stay away from Lulu. Johnny says he will lay off Lulu and brings Maxie up and how they had fun back in the day. Johnny asks Dante if he is going to get on him about that and Nathan says Dante might not but he will because Maxie is his girlfriend. Later on, Nathan assaults Johnny and he and Dante warn him again to stay away from their girls. Later on, Dante and Nathan meet up with Maxie and Lulu at the Metro Court.
Later on, Nathan takes Maxie back to the apartment where he says "nous devons dépêcher" and then he tells her that it means that they have to hurry because he only has an hour. As he lifts her on the bed, she says she loves when he talks demanding to her especially in french. While they are making out, she says that she's not objecting to sex on his lunch break, to which he says good, but that he practically kidnapped her. He says that he couldn't help himself and had to make sure that she only had eyes for him. She says as opposed to who and Nathan says that guy the Metro Court she was checking out. They continue making out, he lays her down in bed and they make love. They stop making out but Nathan wants to continue because he only has an hour lunch and wants to make the most of it, besides he doesn't want her attention wondering. Maxie tells him that he shouldn't be jealous period. Maxie notes she told Lulu that he looks more like a soldier than a bartender. Nathan says she could be right, he tells that the bartender is Jake Doe and Sam Morgan is sure that he is the one that took her hostage and shot him. Maxie says she doesn't believe that it was Jake Doe because who would stick around after that. Then they talk about Jason and his relationship with Sam. After they talk, they get dressed and make plans to see each other later.
In 2015, Nathan and Maxie did break up due to Spinelli as Ellie broke up with him thinking that he wanted Maxie (Spinelli and Maxie did get back together). Days later, Nathan literally runs into Ellie at Kelly's where she spills her drink all over him (like Spinelli did a couple months earlier). They formerly introduce themselves while Ellie tries to help Nathan clean up. Then Nathan blames Ellie for his break up with Maxie and while Ellie blames him for Spinelli and Maxie getting back together because he bowed out so easily. After they talk, they realize it is neither of their faults but that they lost the loves of their lives.
Later on, Lucy comes in and finds out that Spinelli and Ellie broke up as well as Nathan and Maxie and that Spinelli and Maxie are back together. She then suggests that Nathan and Ellie become friends and go to the Nurses' Ball together to which Ellie is a little hesitant about but Nathan says yes. He then explains that Spinelli and Maxie will be there and see them together, moving on, then they will figure out what they are missing and want them back. She agrees with the plan and they shake on it. By the end of the Nurses' Ball, Nathan and Maxie get back together as do Spinelli and Ellie.
On February 26-29, 2016, while on pain meds after being shot, Maxie tells Nathan that she loves him and he replies by saying "I love you too, Claudette." When Maxie asked about Claudette, Nathan lied and told her that she was his French poodle and then his ex-girlfriend. On March 14, 2016, Nathan revealed to Dante that Claudette was his wife. On April 4, he told Maxie that she was his ex-wife, it was a marriage of convenience and that they had it annulled.
He later revealed to his mother, Liesl Obrecht that he told Maxie about Claudette but didn't tell her everything. On April 28, Obrecht revealed that if Nathan told Maxie the truth about what happened with Claudette, then Maxie would tell Lulu and if Lulu told Dante, then Nathan would end up in Pentonville Penitentiary. In May, while transporting fugitive Carlos Rivera, the van crashes and Carlos escapes. While searching, Carlos hits Nathan over the head with a rock which caused Nathan to need surgery.
On June 6-7, 2016, Nathan revealed that he had shot Claudette's lover in a drunken rage. Later revealed to the audience to be Dr. Griffin Munro. Claudette arrived in town on July 5, 2016.
Nathan and Maxie were married on January 17, 2017 at the Metro Court Hotel surrounded by family and friends and with Lulu serving as matron of honor and Dante as best man. Maxie's little girl, Georgie was also there and her father, Spinelli officiated the ceremony.
On March 29, due to Kirsten Storms' absence, it was explained that Maxie took a job in Portland, Oregon for 3 months.
On May 3, Maxie revealed that she had extended her trip, much to Nathan's dislike.
In June, Nathan agrees to help Amy Driscoll with her advice column Ask Man Landers.
On July 24-25, Nathan reunited with Maxie, who was on a three hour layover on her way to Paris.
On August 9, Maxie surprises Nathan at the PCPD on another layover this time on her way back to Portland. Before they can spend any quality time together, Nathan is called out on a case and Maxie tags along. It turns out to be Mac and Felicia, who were having sex in the park, so Nathan helps them out by not pressing charges against them and Maxie gives them hell for it. Afterwards, Nathan takes her to the airport.
Maxie returns to Port Charles for good on August 29 and finds out that from Felicia that Nathan has been spending a lot of time with Amy and when she finds them outside of a hotel room, she misinterprets everything and ends up slapping both of them. On August 30, Nathan finally tells Maxie that he’s the face of Ask Man Landers.
On Thanksgiving, Maxie tells Nathan that she's pregnant. A few day later, they tell family and friends and they hear the baby's heartbeat.
Soon after, Nathan reunites with Britt, who decided to turn herself in and face the charges against her. Before she's taken to a jail cell, he tells her he's going to be a father and gets her advice on how to handle to their mother.
In January 2018, Nathan and Maxie find out that Cesar Faison is his father. As the PCPD and the WSB were searching for Faison, Lulu and her new boss Peter August, COO of Aurora Media, wanted to use Nathan to lure out Faison and so, they interviewed him and it was published, alerting Faison and upsetting Maxie, who worried for their safety and wanted to go into hiding instead. The crisis soon escalated and at GH, Nathan asked Amy where Maxie was, to which she replied the Metro Court. When he arrived, Carly told him that there were reports of a shooting on the third floor where Aurora is located.
So, he went there and when he exited the elevator, he saw Faison holding Maxie hostage at gunpoint. Faison then shot Nathan in the chest, causing Maxie to scream and try to attend to him, but Faison tried to drag her away and he only had a little remorse that he had shot his own son. Peter then showed up with a gun and Faison escaped. After the crisis ended with Faison being fatally shot by Jason Morgan, Nathan is rushed to GH, where he flat-lined after surgery.
On January 31, at 8:49 pm, Nathan West died from complications from his gunshot wound, leaving all his loved ones devastated. His funeral took place on February 9 and after, he appeared to Maxie one last time before being escorted into heaven by the ghost of her sister, Georgie.
- Assaulted someone in a bar [2006; revealed Apr 4, 2016]
- Fraud; married Claudette Beaulieu to keep her from being deported [2006; revealed Apr 4, 2016]
- Shot Claudette's lover, Dr. Griffin Munro in the stomach in a drunken rage [2006; revealed Jun 6-7, 2016; the fact that it was Griffin was revealed on Jun 29, 2016]
- Assaulted Peter Harrell, Jr. (aka Levi) (grabbed him and almost punched him) [Apr 14, 2014]
- Helped then Commissioner Anna Devane fake the death of Ric Lansing [Jun-Dec 2014]
- Lied to a judge about throwing Maxie's custody hearing summons away [Jun 2014]
- Assaulted Peter, Jr. (aka Levi) again (grabbed him and almost punched him) [Jun 26, 2014]
- Held Victor Cassadine at gunpoint [Sep 3, 2014]
- Strangled a Crichton-Clark guard with his handcuffs and rendered him unconscious [Sep 12, 2014]
- Held Victor Cassadine at gunpoint and threatened to kill him [Sep 12-15, 2014]
- Shot and killed Peter Harrell, Sr. in defense of Maxie [Sep 15, 2014]
- Got into a fist fight with Peter, Jr. [Sep 15, 2014]
- Knew that his sister Britt and Cesar Faison (who are fugitives) were on the run together but chose to keep that information to himself [Dec 16, 2014-Dec 17, 2017]
- Assaulted Johnny Zacchara (grabbed his arm and pinned him to a wall) [Jan 8, 2015]
- Threatened Johnny if he didn't stay away from Maxie and Lulu [Jan 8, 2015]
- Tried to shoot Luke Spencer when he was escaping from the scene of the crime [Feb 4, 2015]
- Filed a false report (he stated that Johnny broke into Maxie's apartment without her knowledge when he actually didn't) [Feb 13, 2015]
- Assaulted Damian Spinelli (grabbed him by the collar and almost punched him) [Mar 6, 2015]
- Punched Spinelli in the face during a boxing match [Mar 20, 2015]
- Assaulted Franco (grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against a dresser) [May 29, 2015]
- Attempted to blackmail Nina Reeves; allowed Franco to threaten to pursue criminal charges against Nina for the kidnapping of Avery Jerome-Corinthos if she didn't annul her "marriage" to Ric Lansing [Jun 4, 2015; Nina was innocent anyways]
- Unlawful imprisonment; locked Dante and Lulu in a hotel suite together overnight (so they could work on their problems) with Maxie and Olivia's help [Feb 14, 2016; shown on Feb 12, 2016]
- Assaulted Griffin and pinned him to a wall [Aug 19, 2016]
Health and Vitals
- Weighed 9lbs 5oz at birth [1987; revealed May 23, 2018]
- Broke his arm in little league in the fourth grade (9 years old) when he stole a base and crashed into someone (passed out from the pain) [1996; revealed May 12, 2016]
- Assaulted by Silas Clay (grabbed by the collar and almost punched) [Jan 13, 2014]
- Held at gunpoint by Julian Jerome [Mar 5, 2014]
- Assaulted by Peter Harrell, Jr. (aka Levi) during an argument (suffered a cut to his forehead as a result) [Jun 16, 2014]
- Shoved and pushed by Maxie while he was trying to handcuff her [Jul 1, 2014]
- Handcuffed to Maxie Jones [Jul 1-9, 2014]
- Punched a locker [Jul 10, 2014]
- Held at gunpoint by Peter, Jr. [Aug 11, 2014]
- Assaulted by Peter, Jr.; he beat him up, knocked him out and tied him up [revealed Aug 12, 2014]
- Suffered cuts and bruises to his face after Peter, Jr. assaulted him [Aug 12, 2014]
- Held at gunpoint and almost killed by Victor Cassadine [Sep 3, 2014]
- Blindfolded [revealed Sep 8, 2014]
- Had his face busted by Crichton-Clark personnel [Sep 8, 2014]
- Kidnapped and held hostage (along with Maxie) by Victor and his henchmen [Sep 8-17, 2014]
- Handcuffed to a metal pole [Sep 8-12, 2014]
- Punched in the stomach by one of Victor's henchmen [Sep 8, 2014]
- Held at gunpoint by Peter, Jr. again [Sep 12, 2014]
- Almost got shot by Peter, Jr. after he got the upper hand during a fight [Sep 15, 2014]
- Was trapped in a building that was about to blow up, but got out before it did [Sep 16-17, 2014]
- Shot in the right shoulder by Drew Cain and required surgery [Dec 8, 2014]
- Risked getting blown into a million pieces while rescuing Dante [Feb 3, 2015]
- Was on a boat with bomb, that later exploded in the water (Michael got it onto the deck and Sonny got it into the water) [Feb 4, 2015]
- Tried to grab the bomb from Michael because that's his job [Feb 4, 2015]
- Threatened by Luke Spencer [Feb 25, 2015]
- Sprained his ankle trying to chase down a perp [revealed Apr 27, 2015]
- Had a gun pointed at him by Drew Cain [May 2, 2015; shown on May 8, 2015]
- Hurt his right wrist [revealed Aug 14, 2015; he had bandage on it] (Ryan, the actor who portrays Nathan, shattered his right wrist in a motorcycle spill in Jul 2015)
- Held hostage at gunpoint in a chapel-full of people by Landon Dixon [Feb 19, 2016; shown from Feb 23-24, 2016]
- Shot in the left shoulder by Dixon (it was a through and through) and required surgery to stitch him up [Feb 19, 2016; shown on Feb 23, 2016]
- Got knocked around when the prison transfer vehicle he was in crashed [May 6-9, 2016]
- Hit in the head with a rock by Carlos Rivera [revealed May 10, 2016]
- Fell unconscious due to the head injury and required surgery [May 10, 2016]
- Hurt his back while dancing [Dec 7, 2016]
- Slapped by Maxie [Aug 29, 2017]
- Shot in the chest by his own father, Cesar Faison, and required surgery to remove a bullet lodged near his spinal column [Jan 26, 2018]
- His heart stopped [Jan 29, 2018]
- Died of complications after being shot in the chest by Cesar Faison [Jan 31, 2018]
- ↑ Maxie called him by this name when she proposed to him on February 26, 2016 ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYvYlWstTwY
- ↑ Maxie called him by this name when she was talking to Lulu on April 22, 2016 ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlF4ytWp9Uk&index=20&list=PL12x5IxVblDcpOsWbuP1mAg6bFzIGFgyq
- ↑ He is the face of Ask Man Landers and is helping out Nurse Amy Driscoll, who is actually Ask Man Landers.
- ↑ Shown on his drivers license on January 31, 2018 ...
- ↑ Seen on his headstone on February 19, 2018 ...
- ↑ Shown on a certificate on May 8, 2018 ...
- ↑ Madeline put Nina in a coma because her husband left all of the money in his will to Nina. Which would mean he's dead as Nina inherited the money.
- ↑ http://www.angelfire.com/tv/curlyqgrl/gh/eps/gheps1992.htm#1/31
- ↑ http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/gh/older/2017/gh-trans-01-23-17.shtml
- ↑ Revealed by Dante on May 25, 2018 ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8fhPucpuE&frags=pl%2Cwn
- ↑ http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/gh/older/2018/gh-trans-05-25-18.shtml .. “Dante: They're your kid's godfathers."
- ↑ Stated when Jordan was reciting his final watch call on February 9, 2018.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 General Hospital Casting Sexy, Rich, Charming, Bad Boy! Who Would You Suggest For The Role?. Retrieved on July 3, 2016.
- ↑ Ryan Paevey Cast as Nathan West On General Hospital! A New Hottie Set To Arrive In Port Charles!. Retrieved on December 6, 2013.
- ↑ "Ryan Paevey (Nathan)". Comings and Goings. Soap Opera Digest (American Media, Inc.) 38 (52): 10. December 30, 2013.
- ↑ "Hot Cop Alert!". Ins&Outs. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 18 (1): 12. January 6, 2014.
- ↑ The ‘General Hospital’ Shift, Plus Comings & Goings. Retrieved on January 6, 2013.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Template:Cite interview
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 "Parallel Lives". Up-close & Personal. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 18 (25): 44. June 23, 2014.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 Levinsky, Mara (March 3, 2014). "Beginner's Luck". Soap Opera Digest (American Media, Inc.) 39 (9): 54–57.
- ↑ Rossi, Rosemary A (July 6, 2015). Overnight Sensation. 19. Bauer Media Group. pp. 42-45.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5231268/fullcredits/
- ↑ http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/unleashing-mr-darcy
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-role-ghs-ryan-paevey/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6645896/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMuUd7REQAw&list=PL8BDD7dLoMMGv5wXk55HvCKZGDrxG_WR-&index=33
- ↑ http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ryan-paevey-leaving-general-hospital-139098
- ↑ http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2402095/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/soapsindepthabc/status/895745861329850369
- ↑ http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ryan-paevey-leaving-general-hospital-139098>
- ↑ https://twitter.com/teenystweeting/status/897210290915262464
- ↑ http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/0822-ryan_paevey_gh_break.php
- ↑ http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/rumor-mill/127/ryan-paevey-leaving-general-hospital
- ↑ https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ryan-paevey-confirms-gh-exit/
- ↑ http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/comings-and-goings/1919/ryan-paevey-confirms-general-hospital-exit
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 Rossi, Rosemary A (May 26, 2014). "Paging Detective Sexypants". Feature Interview. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 18 (21): 46–49.
- ↑ GH’s Head Writer Ron Carlivati Interview Part Two: Who’s Luke? State of Patrick & Sabrina, Michelle Stafford, Julexis & Daytime Emmy Snubs!. Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 38.2 "How Far Will Nathan Go?". News. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 18 (27): 6. July 7, 2014.
- ↑ "Will Nathan Go Rogue?". News. ABC Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group) 18 (41): 6. October 13, 2014.
- ↑ INTERVIEW: GH's Ryan Paevey on love, loss, and a little craziness. Retrieved on July 4, 2016.
- ↑ This was during the time he was married to Claudette in 2006.
- ↑ Revealed by Nathan on June 6-7, 2016.
- ↑ Revealed on May 23, 2018 ... https://twitter.com/Steph_11and78/status/999351308149764096
- ↑ This was confirmed by Ryan Paevey on AfterBuzz T.V. ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2Vzm1xS3w
- ↑ This was confirmed by Ryan Paevey on AfterBuzz T.V.