Janelle "Nelle" Benson-Jerome was a fictional character and a main antagonist on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital. She was thought to be the daughter of Frank Benson, however she was revealed to be the biological daughter of the late Dr. Silas Clay and Nina Reeves.
She was portrayed by actress Chloe Lanier from August 8, 2016 to September 1, 2020.
Due to the actress's former role, there has been speculation that Nelle could be the previously unknown daughter of Pat Spencer and half-sister of Valerie Spencer, making her a member of the Spencer family. She was eventually revealed to be the daughter of Frank Benson and the adopted sister of Carly Corinthos.
Lanier debuted in the role on August 8, 2016.
Lanier made her last appearance on August 7, 2018.
On October 3, 2018, it was announced than Lanier will make a brief return to GH first appearing during the week of October 8-12.
Lanier returned on October 12 and departed again on October 15.
On November 1, 2018, it was announced that Lanier will make another brief return to GH, she returned on November 8.
On December 22, 2018, it was announced that Lanier will return yet again to GH. She returned for one episode on December 26.
On May 28, 2019, it was revealed that Lanier will return to GH during the week of June 10. Her first air-date was on June 13, 2019. She left again on September 1, 2020 when her character died.
On April 1, 2020, it was confirmed that actress Willa Rose will briefly step into the role of a young Nelle Benson for the special standalone episode on April 9.
Nelle Benson arrived in Port Charles on August 8, 2016 and was later revealed to be Josslyn Jacks' kidney donor. Although she was initially shown to be timid, nice, and selfless, she was eventually revealed to have an agenda.
Growing up with a neglectful adoptive father and no mother, Nelle has been shown to suffer from severe abandonment issues. She also feels abandoned by Carly, who she views as an older sister. She believes that Carly should have done more to take care of her and thus blames Carly for many of the bad things in her life.
Nelle has also struggled with life long mental illness. This could be caused in-part by the overdose of opioid antidepressants given to her biological mother Nina, by her maternal grandmother Madeline, while she was pregnant with Nelle. On her biological father's side, the Clay family, especially her uncle Stephen Clay, has also struggled with debilitating mental illness.
She has a son named Wiley Quartermaine-Corinthos with Michael Corinthos, Nelle had help from (unknowingly to Nelle by her own biological great-aunt) Liesl Obrecht with her son's delivery. He was switched at birth by his mother with the deceased adoptive son of Brad Cooper and Dr. Lucas Jones. The switch was discovered and he was given back to his father on February 19, 2020.
Nelle is enemies with Carly, Nina, Maxie, and everyone in Port Charles. She hates Carly more than anyone since she blames her for what her father did to her and how everyone turned their backs on her permanently. In 2020, Nina and Nelle have work things out over their differences and Nina hired her at Crimson Magazine, but they later hated each other one again after the custody hearing.
She was friends with Ava Jerome till she started blackmailing her and forced her into becoming her co-conspirator. Ava outsmarted Nelle and made sure the blanket she used to frame Carly would be found, which led to her eventual incarceration. Since then, Ava and Nelle are enemies.
The only real friends she had were Brad Cooper and Josslyn Jacks, though neither of them were aware at the time of how devious and mentally unstable she is. They eventually learn of Nelle's true twisted self, ending their friendship with her permanently. In 2020, Brad especially felt betrayed when Nelle pinned the Wiley-Jonah baby swap on him when it was her idea in the first place.
On June 11, 2018, it was revealed that Nelle knows Harrison Chase back from Florida. While Chase was investigating the murder of Zachary Grant, Nelle seduced the officer and they became lovers for awhile while Nelle manipulated him and then reported their affair to his police force, destroying Chase's career. On July 27, Nelle finally confesses to Michael that she killed Zachary, out of fear that he would leave her. She was arrested for her crimes on August 3 and taken to jail.
Due to "helping" stop Ryan Chamberlain from escaping prison, Nelle was released from Pentonville in December of 2019.
While attending Columbia University, Nina starts dating Dr. Silas Clay and eventually married him after they graduated from college. Silas started cheating on Nina with Ava Jerome and got her pregnant (she gave birth to their daughter, Kiki Jerome in 1993).
Around the same time, Nina found out she was pregnant with Silas' child, and Madeline wanted to kill her baby to sever any ties between Silas and Nina. In order to do so, she gave Nina an overdose of antidepressants (which they thought caused a miscarriage), but her plan backfired when Nina slipped into a coma. Madeline then framed Silas for the crime, until he was cleared years later.
On August 20, 2018, it was revealed that Nina's baby with Silas wasn't miscarried and that she gave birth to a girl that Nina's mother Madeline put up for adoption.
Through her mother, Nina had former two marriages: Nina married Ric Lansing in 2015, she formerly gained Ric as a step-father and his daughter Molly Lansing-Davis as a step-sister. But in 2016, Nina married Valentin Cassadine, she formerly gained Valentin as a step-father and his daughter Charlotte Cassadine as step-sister.
Nelle is the only child Nina will ever have, due to her early on-set menopause and aged factor after her coma, as revealed by her cousin Britt Westbourne in 2014.
On September 7, Nina received a package from her late mother's lawyers and it contained a locket she loved as a little girl but half of it was missing (Madeline also wrote in a letter that the locket could mend a broken heart) so Nina deduced that her child must be alive and have the other half. Nelle was revealed to have the other half of the heart necklace on April 9, 2020.
Nelle has been married 3 times:
The first time was an invalid marriage in July of 2018 to Michael Corinthos, the father of her son Wiley.
The second time was with Hank "Shiloh" Archer, a sexual predator and cult leader, while they were incarcerated together. This marriage of convenience took place in September of 2019, and she was widowed shortly after. Nelle gained the late Wiley Cooper-Jones as a step-son through that marriage.
In May of 2020, Nelle remarried for the third time, blackmailing Julian Jerome into another marriage of convenience. Through this marriage, Nelle gains step-children Sam McCall (also her former cellmate), Lucas Jones, and Leo Falconeri, as well as step-grandchildren Danny Morgan, Scout Cain, and the late Lila McCall and (adopted) Wiley Cooper-Jones. Unfortunately, Julian died on December 18, 2020 - nearly four months after Nelle's death.
On August 27, 2020, while trying to escape Carly in the woods, Nelle dies after falling off a cliff. Her body was revealed to have been found on September 23.
Nelle's presumed final appearance was as a ghost haunting Carly the morning after her death on September 1, 2020.
On January 29, 2021, Nina found her daughter's half of the heart necklace, learned Nelle was her daughter, and the truth came out. She also learned that Wiley is her grandson and that Carly and Jasper Jacks were planning to keep the truth about Nelle and Wiley from her. Now that Nelle is deceased, Wiley is the only family member she had left in her life.
Nelle arrives in Port Charles looking for Carly Corinthos. She arrives at the Corinthos family home, Greystone Manor, during Bobbie Spencer's birthday party where she meets Carly's son, Michael Corinthos. Michael thinks she is applying for a babysitting position and asks her to wait until after the party to speak to Carly.
After the party winds down, Michael introduces Nelle to his mother, Sonny Corinthos and Jasper Jacks, who were all attending the party. Nelle tells Carly that she saw her article in Crimson Magazine and believes she is her daughter, Josslyn's kidney donor. Nelle also got fired from her job at Crimson Magazine in 2017.
Carly had been conned for her money before, so Jax and Sonny were hesitant to believe Nelle's story, thinking she was just another person after the money. Nelle shows them her scar and tells them that her parents sold her kidney when she was a child. Nelle's story and the dates matched up with Josslyn's transplant, but they all want to be sure, so they go to General Hospital to run some tests.
Nelle meets Josslyn and the two briefly bond. She is happy to see that the ordeal she went through ended up saving a little girl's life. Preliminary blood tests confirmed that Nelle was a match to Josslyn, but to be certain, Dr. Monica Quartermaine recommended a kidney biopsy. However, Sonny explained it wasn't necessary because he located the clinic where Nelle had her surgery, and the timeline worked out.
This information along with the matching blood tests led everyone to believe that Nelle was Josslyn's donor. Josslyn was upset when she realized that her mother had ignored her wishes about finding the kidney donor, but took an instant liking to Nelle and thanked her for the gift of life. Nelle promised she had no regrets, but she had to get back to Atlanta. Carly asked Nelle to stay because she wanted a chance to get to know her and she agreed.
After Avery Jerome-Corinthos's nanny was caught stealing Carly's earrings, Carly fired the nanny and offered the job to Nelle. Having just lost her job in Atlanta, she agreed to watch Avery. Nelle lost this position when Carly's mother, Bobbie offered to be Avery's nanny. Bobbie also appeared suspicious of Nelle. Not wanting Nelle to leave, Carly offered her a job at the Metro Court Hotel as her personal assistant and Nelle accepted.
On November 23, Nelle saw Carly and Jax kissing. She went right over to Sonny's to tell him. On November 28, Nelle drugged Sonny, and he passed out. Nelle helped get him into bed, undressed him and, then apologized, before undressing herself. She climbed into bed beside him. On November 29, Sonny woke up and believed he and Nelle slept together. He begged Nelle not to tell Carly, but in November, it was revealed that Nelle had recorded Sonny mentioning that they slept together.
On March 3, it was revealed that Nelle is the daughter of Carly's late adoptive father, Frank Benson.
On March 21, Nina Reeves hired Nelle to be a nanny for her stepdaughter, Charlotte. She meets with Valentin, who promises her that if she does anything to harm Charlotte he will make sure no one will ever find her body. This spooks Nelle with good reason.
It was later revealed that her fiancé at the time, Zachary died of a suspicious canoeing incident that she witnessed. Nelle also spent time in a mental hospital.
On December 7, she revealed that she's pregnant with Michael's child.
Later on, Dr. Kim Nero confirms the pregnancy and that she is six weeks along. They run into Carly afterwards and Nelle gleefully congratulates the expectant grandma. Both Michael and Carly demand a paternity test and Nelle doesn't look happy and makes it clear she doesn't want money. Nelle eventually agrees to a noninvasive paternity test.
On December 22, (Christmas on the show), Nelle is seen talking to the baby after finding out Kelly's is closed.
Later on, Nelle showed up at the Corinthos house and fainted in Michael's arms. She comes to on the couch and explains that she was going to get food but nothing was open so she started driving home and came upon a down tree in the road and got out of the car. She states she didn't mean to end up at the Corinthos', but she started walking and felt faint. Sonny brings Nelle some broth to warm her and the baby up.
Michael asks if she's in any pain and Nelle asks if he's worried about the baby even thou he doesn't know if he's the dad yet and Michael says yes. Nelle tells him that they're warming up and they're gonna be just fine. Nelle ends up spending the night at the house.It was later revealed that Nelle has fainted a lot and it was due to low blood pressure. She was told by a doctor to take it easy.
In 2018, an amniocentesis confirmed that Michael is indeed the father.
On January 22, the baby has appeared in a sonogram, which Nelle would later show Michael, after he missed the appointment.
On March 6, Nelle suffered from Braxton Hicks contractions, while trapped at Jerome Gallery with Carly during an earthquake. After learning that her apartment has been destroyed by the earthquake, Nelle was offered by Monica to stay at the Quartermaine mansion. During her baby shower on May 11, Nelle fell down a flight of stairs after getting into an argument with Carly over Michael, Morgan and the blanket. When she woke up in the hospital, she accused Carly of pushing her.
On June, Michael proposed to Nelle, to which she happily accepted. Unbeknownst to her, Michael was luring her into a trap to expose her crimes in framing his mother. On July 16, Michael and Nelle were supposed to be married in the Metro Court, but due to Nelle having pain with the baby, they said their vows and exchanged rings in Nelle's hospital room. However, Nelle wanted to kill Michael to take his money and teamed up with her ex-lover, Det. Harrison Chase, who was really on Michael's side and then rigged the car the two were set to ride in.
On July 27, in that car, Michael and Nelle furiously argued about their exposed plans against each other and how Nelle ruined Michael's family. Additionally, Nelle revealed she had killed her ex-fiancee, Zachary, but when Michael asked her if Carly really pushed her down those stairs, the car crashed. Nelle soon woke up and left Michael to die in the car which was going to explode. She went into labor in the woods and with the help of prison escapee Dr. Liesl Obrecht, she gave birth to her and Michael's son, but she later gave him to Brad after his adoptive son with Lucas died.
On August 3, after Nelle had escaped from General Hospital and stolen scrubs, leaving out a side entrance she made it to the docks where she was confronted by Josslyn and they got into a cat-fight after Nelle pushed Josslyn on the ground and throwing her phone for attempting to call the police.
Nelle was brought back into the police station and has been questioned by Jordan Ashford and Chase about her exposed crimes. Delusional still she believed she had the upper hand despite the evidence piling up against her. On August 7, Carly visited her to gloat on her victory against her and making sure she knows that no one will ever love her again and how she and Sonny intend to make sure she suffers for making her think her son was alive. After she left, when Nelle was being removed from the interrogation room, she panicked when she saw that the blanket she used in her plot to frame Carly was found.
Her confidence was finally destroyed and she went barking mad as she began cursing everyone around her knowing fully well she would be convicted for her crimes, even though Michael promised her that he would make sure she'd get a shred of leniency in the memory of their child, in spite of the fact he had doubts as to how much he can do given the severity of her crimes.
On August 29, Dr. Kim revealed that Nelle contacted her, she wanted her to testify that the hormones made her commit the crimes. Michael warns her not to be taken in by Nelle, but in the future, he needs no updates about the woman.
On October 12, Nelle is seen again at the courthouse for her trial. Nelle also sees her son for the first time since she gave him to Brad.
She plead no contest and was given the maximum sentence. She also saw her son again and basically threatened Brad with the fact the secret could come out at anytime.
On November 8, Nelle returned and is seen at Ferncliff pretending to be crazy till she was exposed by Jason, Sam, and Curtis. She was sent back to Pentonville.
On December 26, Obrecht visited Nelle in prison and learned that she switched her son with Michael with Brad and Lucas' dead son Wiley.
On June 13, 2019, Nelle met Ryan Chamberlain who asked if he knew her from somewhere. They became instant friends and discussed they had quite a bit in common, including the fact that both of them had a kidney stolen.
On June 14, Brad visited Nelle in prison and they talked about "Wiley" plus Brad shared all his fears about possibly losing him due to the original Wiley's birth father still having parental rights to the child although nobody knows about Brad and Nelle switching babies. Nelle eventually gained Lorraine "Harmony" Miller as a cell mate.
On July 26, Lorraine talked to Nelle about her daughter Kali Miller on how she was pregnant with her son with Shiloh, the leader of a cult called Dawn Of Day. She explained that Shiloh was a sexual predator and that's why Kali got away from him and the cult and she didn't tell him about the baby. Nelle was shocked when she realized that the original Wiley was the baby she was talking about and she remembered how she switched him with Jonah.
On July 29, Michael came to visit Nelle after she asked him to but he was only there to talk about Jonah. She was going to confess the truth but changed her mind when she saw a picture of Michael's girlfriend Sasha Gilmore and she claimed she had a dream about Jonah and they were a "happy family." Michael said goodbye to Nelle and he assured her he was done with her and never wanted to see her again. After he left, Nelle said she was not done with Michael.
Lorraine asked Nelle how it went and Nelle said that he didn't deserve to know the truth since it was just as much his fault as it was Carly's since she "poisoned" Michael against her.
On August 22, Nelle overheard a new inmate named Hank "Shiloh" Archer having a conversation with Peter August. When Pentonville went into lockdown, Nelle and Shiloh were handcuffed to the tables and they introduced themselves to one another. Nelle knew that Shiloh was trying to steal Willow's baby but Shiloh insisted that it wasn't stealing if it's yours. Hank mentioned to Nelle that when Willow gave Wiley up for adoption that it was illegal. Nelle wondered how Shiloh would beat the charges he's facing and Shiloh told her he has faith in human nature and it hasn't let him down yet. Nelle was surprised to learn that Shiloh obtained ELQ shares from a kid named Oscar Nero and she said that the Quartermaines owe her too.
On September 6, Nelle offered to help Shiloh obtain his ELQ shares and to help reunite him with Wiley, despite the fact that the real Wiley was dead.
On September 30, a man named Martin Gray came to visit Nelle in prison as her lawyer and they discussed her case. Martin admitted it didn't look good for her and when Nelle insisted that she changed her ways and felt remorse for her crimes he agreed to represent her at her upcoming parole hearing.
On October 16, Nelle's parole hearing took place and Martin did what he could to argue her case and Nelle claimed to own up to what she did but for the time being she was denied parole. Martin explained that he didn't expect her to get parole on her first try.
On November 7, it was revealed that Nelle had a husband who recently died and Martin questioned Nelle about why she didn't tell him about her husband. Nelle said that she didn't think that his background would help her case and Martin was thinking about not representing her anymore. When Nelle revealed that she was expecting a payday when she gets out and promised Martin a large sum of money, Martin agreed to help her get out of prison and said his friends call him Marty.
On December 5, Nelle became Sam's cellmate and they taunted each other; Sam throwing the fact that Michael moved on in her face and Nelle taunting Sam about Jason. Eventually, Chase showed up and told Sam that Lucas and Brad were in a car accident and Nelle was concerned about Wiley but Chase revealed that Wiley was not in the car. Chase told Sam that Brad's injuries were minor but Lucas' were more serious.
On December 11, Martin came to visit Nelle who demanded that he should get her released that very night but Martin said that the chances for early parole are slim to none and the chances for an early release are non-existent. Eventually, Martin inadvertently gave Nelle the idea of being in a dangerous situation so she left the conjugal visiting room and went to see Ryan, who was being treated for an infection.
Nelle asked for Ryan's help in getting out of prison and offered to be his link to Ava and Port Charles in return and promised him pictures of Ava. Ryan agreed to help her and he stabbed her with a scalpel as part of their plan. Chase and another cop came in and found Ryan standing over her with the scalpel and claimed that it's not what it looks like. Ryan was restrained as Nelle was taken to the hospital and she learned that Ryan just missed her kidney.
Eventually, Nelle called Martin and told her she was at GH. Martin eventually visited her and was appalled that she got herself stabbed to get out of Pentonville, but nevertheless he tried to claim that Nelle was in danger at Pentonville. Nelle was set to be wheeled back to prison and while she waited she saw her son being held by Willow Tait, who thinks she is "Wiley's" mother due to being the original Wiley's birth mother. Nelle manipulated Willow into nearly letting her hold "Wiley" but Michael came and stopped her before she could.
On January 14, 2020, it was revealed that Nelle was somehow released from Pentonville and that her mystery husband was Shiloh all along, plus she had put together his memorial and invited Sam, Willow, Harmony, and even Michael. Nelle revealed to everyone that she was Shiloh's widow and that they are all her guests. Michael asked how Nelle got out of jail and Nelle revealed that after the Ryan Chamberlain incident, they gave her early parole. Later on, Chase came and confirmed that Nelle was telling the truth.
After Shiloh's memorial, Nelle went to the Quartermaine mansion where they were having a board meeting with the issue on Oscar's ELQ shares. Martin Gray had accompanied Nelle and they revealed that despite the conflicting wills to see which bequest is valid, the judge signed off on a temporary injunction to give Nelle rights on what to do with the shares Oscar left to Shiloh. The Quartermaines promised to make Nelle's life miserable and Brook Lynn Quartermaine told her off hard core. Eventually, Nelle called for Martin to escort her out.
Nelle later went to see Brad who was surprised she was released and she told Brad she was going to stay with him just until she manages to get her hands on the shares so she can find her own place. The next day, Brad gave Nelle 60 bucks to enjoy a day out in town and when Willow showed up, Nelle and Willow both demanded to know what the other person was doing there. Nelle claimed that Brad insisted on her staying with him and when Brad told Nelle to go take her shower, Willow lashed out at him for taking Nelle in, especially since Nelle was a dangerous psychopath.
Brad tried to defend himself and when Nelle came back out, Brad went to go get Wiley ready for daycare. Eventually, Nelle told Willow that Brad didn't need her anymore as Wiley's nanny and said that if she looks after Wiley then it would be bad for her health. Willow knew however that Nelle indirectly threatened her. After Nelle told Willow to leave, she yelled Brad's name before asking him why he hired Willow as Wiley's nanny. Brad explained that he knew she didn't want Michael in close proximity and said that it was a lesser of two evils. Nelle told Brad to get rid of Willow or she would. Brad brought Wiley out and Nelle wanted to hold him.
Although Brad was reluctant, he eventually agreed and Nelle got to hold him before Michael and Chase showed up. After Michael took Wiley out of Nelle's arms, he and Chase threatened to call social services by saying a convicted felon moved into a place where a child lives at but they offered her an alternative; Nelle can move into a place where it more than meets her standards. Nelle eventually agreed since Michael asked her to move into the Quartermaines, however she didn't know that Michael was playing her by keeping his enemy close so that when he drops the hammer, she'll never see it coming.
Nelle ran into Willow and met Sasha at the Metro Court and announced that Michael asked her to move in, with Carly saying that Nelle was lying again after hearing the news. Eventually, after Sasha and Willow sat down at a table, Carly and Nelle were sparring and calling each other names and Nelle taunted Carly about how Michael did not hesitate to move her into the Quartermaines. When Nelle brought up Jonah, Carly threatened her by saying to see what happens if she mentioned his name one more time.
Eventually, Carly told her to go ahead and live with the Quartermaines since they will treat Nelle as bad as she is since she had tried to kill Michael before. Eventually, Willow was leaving and Nelle tried to taunt her about playing mommy to Wiley after all. Willow said that while she was heartbroken for Michael and felt sorry for him, she was grateful that Nelle was not a mother.
On February 3, Nelle arrived at the Quartermaine mansion and was expecting to get settled in but Brook Lynn tried several times to throw her out. Later, Nelle tried to appeal to Brook Lynn who said they will never be friends. Nelle called Michael and put Brook Lynn on the phone with him and Michael told Brook Lynn to give Nelle a room and he'd explain later. Brook Lynn decided to put Nelle into a room which was next to Tracy Quartermaine.
The next morning, Tracy and Ned found Nelle helping herself to breakfast and some orange juice. They both tried to throw her out but Michael and Sasha arrived before he revealed that Monica allowed her to stay. Tracy and Ned were appalled since they didn't get a head's up. Later on, Michael revealed that he was going to put Nelle in the boathouse which initially upset her but she managed to bounce back.
Later on, Martin showed up before Nelle was given another offer to go away. Nelle thought it was better than the last offer but said it wasn't enough before tearing it up. Eventually, Nelle and Martin scored some privacy before she revealed to him that she planned to drive the Quartermaines so crazy that they would pay her anything to go away and when she gets a lot of money she'll take off, parole or no parole. Martin was intrigued when Nelle mentioned "we" instead of "I" but it's unknown if Nelle revealed the truth about "Wiley" to him or not.
On February 13, Nelle learned that Brad and Lucas were planning to move to Portland, Oregon and start a new life with "Wiley" which did not make her happy. She decided to get the ball rolling on accomplishing her plans and she eventually left Valentin a voicemail, saying she was ready to sell her shares. Eventually she sold her shares to Valentin who gave her a lot of money and two passports with fake names, one being Barbara Langdon and the other one said William Langdon, which was for Wiley.
On February 18, Nelle showed up at Sonny and Carly's house where Brad and Lucas' going away party was happening. Brad talked to Nelle and tried to win her over on his move to Oregon and eventually told her that "Wiley" was at Chase and Willow's apartment. Eventually Nelle left but then snuck around to the outdoor patio just in time for Lucas to finally reveal that Wiley was Michael's son after regaining the memory of the crash.
Realizing it was over, Nelle made her way to Willow and Chase's apartment and forced her way in since she was going to kidnap Wiley and run but Willow tried to stop her. Eventually after a physical fight against each other, Nelle knocked Willow out and grabbed Wiley. Before she could leave, Michael and Chase showed up and revealed that Brad told them everything and that it was over before demanding the baby. Nelle spun a tale and tried to claim that Brad stole their baby while she was unconscious but neither one of them believed her, but Michael kept her talking until Chase found Willow unconscious on the floor. Nelle gave Wiley to Michael and was arrested as Chase took Willow to the hospital.
As Nelle was taken down to her cell, she saw Brad, who was also arrested and in his cell, and accused him of stealing her baby. Brad was shocked and insisted that it was Nelle's idea, not his but she stuck to her story and got the guard to move Brad to another cell.
On February 25, Carly visited Nelle and threatened her if she somehow manages to walk free from the new charges against her. Later on, Chase confronted Nelle and revealed that he found evidence to contradict her version of the baby swap story.
On March 4, Nelle was at the courthouse with her attorney, Zahra Amir and after she was arraigned the charges against her were dropped due to lack of evidence. It was revealed that Nelle had paid Valentin to make sure the evidence would get "lost." Afterwards she later learned from Zahra that the charges could be refiled at anytime so she shouldn't leave town. She reached out to Valentin to thank him for his help and suggested they go on a date, but he turned her down flat. After, she decided to sue Michael for full custody of Wiley. Upon hearing this news, Michael, Willow, and Carly intimidated Nelle, with Carly declaring war. Later on, Obrecht showed up at the courthouse and made it clear where they stood, if Nelle gave Obrecht up then Obrecht would drag her down too.
On March 12, Nelle was at Charlie's Pub and she had called Zahra to figure out what happened at Brad's arraignment and learned that Brad pled guilty to the baby switch. Eventually Julian chastised Nelle and told her that by the time Wiley was old enough that he would not know who she was. Nelle carried on and decided to change his name to William which infuriated Willow. She told Nelle that "Wiley" is the name he knows and that she cannot suddenly change that but Nelle hit Willow where it hurt by saying that her son is dead and to stay away from Wiley. Willow was infuriated and threw a drink on her. Willow claimed that her hand slipped and Julian backed her up before Nelle said she was not paying a dime for her meal. Eventually, Nelle saw Sasha and they eventually exchanged words with each other before Sasha and Willow went back to their table.
On March 24, Nelle went to Nina's office at Crimson and attempted to apply for a job as an assistant. Nina initially refused and wanted her to leave, but Nelle played on her emotions by bringing up the "fact" that they both know what it's like to have a child out there who is alive and is taken from them. Nelle initially went to leave, but Nina decided to hire her, much to Carly's chagrin. However, it was actually revealed that Nina was going to keep Nelle close so that when the day comes in open court, she will testify against Nelle.
Later on, Nelle went to the hospital after learning that Wiley had been admitted and demanded to know where he was and asked what Michael did to him. Michael insisted he didn't do anything and told her about Wiley's genetic heart condition and that he has to have an elective surgery to repair the hole in his heart so that it'd give him a normal, happy life. Nelle claimed that she wanted to explore non-invasive options and refused to sign the consent form, much to Michael's anger.
Sasha and Michael both called Nelle out on endangering Wiley's health before Monica went to get the information for Nelle to get other opinions even though they'd agree with Monica. Eventually, Michael got a moment alone with Nelle and raged at her for trying to kill him, for switching babies with Brad and making him think Wiley was dead just to stick it to him before saying that she will not have a say when he gets full custody. Nelle claimed that her refusing to consent to Wiley's surgery had nothing to do with him before going to check on Wiley. Eventually, Willow and Chase showed up and Willow and Sasha told Michael to win full custody by any means necessary.
Later that evening, Michael found Nelle on the roof of the hospital and Nelle was frustrated because her phone was dead. Michael offered to let her use a charger he had downstairs before he again asked Nelle to sign the consent form while telling her what could happen to Wiley if he doesn't get the surgery he needs. Nelle again said that she didn't want Wiley to have surgery and shared her own experience of when she was in surgery having her kidney removed. Eventually Michael tool the consent form and told Nelle he was going to talk to the doctors.
Later on, Nelle thought she heard Michael come back up and went to apologize to him before saying that they should make the best decisions together but stopped when she saw that it was Carly who came up. Carly told Nelle to sign the consent form and then told her that if anything happened to Wiley that she would lose her leverage. She also told her that if Nelle signed the consent form that this could be a real turning point and she could win people over. Nelle nearly relented but then selfishly told Carly that she does not get to win and that she is the grandmother, not the mother. Eventually Carly left and then locked Nelle on the roof.
The next morning, Elizabeth Webber unlocked the door to the roof and found a tarp covering someone. When she saw Nelle was asleep, she tried to wake her up and warm her up. When Nelle woke up, she told Elizabeth that Carly locked her on the roof. Later on, Elizabeth wheeled Nelle downstairs where Michael, Bobbie, Carly, Sasha and Willow were at and Michael asked what happened. Nelle angrily said that Carly locked her on the roof and when Chase came by, Nelle wanted Carly arrested.
Nobody backed up her statement and covered for Carly and Nelle was shocked and angry to learn that her signature was forged and the consent form was "lost." When Michael convinced her that having Carly arrested would involve them both going down to the station and that they should wait until Wiley makes it out of surgery, she decided to sue the hospital instead. Monica came by and announced that Wiley passed through with flying colors but in six months he would need more surgery to have a device implanted into his heart to help it develop properly since his condition was more severe than they thought. Unbeknownst to Nelle, it was revealed that Bobbie had secretly shredded the consent form and that Monica knew about it.
On April 7, Carly came by Crimson and managed to score some time alone with Nelle, who said it was rude of her to show up at her place of work. Carly attempted to make amends with Nelle and said that if she lets Michael have full custody then they can give her visitation and give her a chance to prove that she can be a good mother. Nelle didn't accept Carly's apology and then said she wanted Carly to admit they are a lot alike. They both reminisced about their past with Frank Benson and it was revealed that Carly saw a young Nelle for like five minutes when they were much younger.
At first Carly denied it but then realized she was there. Nelle claimed that Frank asked her to stay and that if she had stayed and took care of her then everything would have been different. Carly said that Frank never wanted her and when he did seek her out it was to look for a handout. Eventually after their encounter Nelle left and she was both angry and hurt. It was later revealed that Nelle has a necklace with half of a heart in her belongings from the past, which confirmed that she's not really Frank's daughter, she is actually the daughter of Nina and Silas Clay.
On April 14, Nelle approached Valentin in hopes of him becoming an ally to help ensure she won custody of Wiley. Valentin made it clear he didn't want to team up with her and supported Michael in his efforts to keep Wiley safe. When she threatened him, he reminded her that he still has the fake passports and that if they were to ever resurface then her dreams would be over. She said he was going to regret turning down her offer.
On May 15, Nelle blackmailed Julian Jerome into marrying her with the information that he caused Lucas and Brad's accident and kept Wiley's true identity a secret.
On August 12, Nelle was shocked when the judge awarded Michael full custody and gave her zero rights to visitation.
During the Nurses Ball, Nelle had Julian steal Wiley. She got lost in the mountains while driving out of town and a woman named Vera pointed her back to the highway. When Nelle drove off, Vera called the cops on Nelle after seeing a missing child’s report. Nelle returns to the Corinthos Cabin with Wiley to hide out. Michael finds her at the cabin and rescues Wiley. Nelle runs away and Carly confronts her and Nelle ends up falling off a cliff. Jax convinces Carly to not tell the police. Nelle’s body is missing but her half heart necklace is on the ground and is later found by Avery.
On September 23, Jason tells Sonny and Carly that Nelle’s body was just found.
On January 29, 2021, Nina finally found her daughter's half of the heart necklace. Avery had given it to Lucy Coe to put on Sasha for luck during her interview with Jackie Templeton for GMA3. Nina and Sasha had come to an understanding and forgiveness, slowly rebuilding a friendly relationship with each other. The press had learned about Sasha's drug use as a model for Deception Cosmetics, so the team decided to have Sasha sit down for a live interview with Chase's famous journalist mother Jackie, to give their own narrative and tell the truth. Realizing Sasha was wearing the necklace, Carly attempted to stop the interview. Unfortunately, Nina had been watching from her office and came down to the restaurant to demand an explanation from Sasha. After the interview ended, Sasha was shocked, having no idea she wore the necklace, leading to Avery telling Nina it was hers and she had found it at the family cabin. Sasha gives her the necklace, and Nina is able to perfectly match them together. Michael is able to fill in the blanks for Nina, telling her that Avery found it at the family cabin, that Nelle had been there before with a kidnapped Wiley, and when Valentin mentioned Phyllis had taken her child to Florida, Michael noted that Nelle was from Florida. Nina demanded answers. Jax point blank admitted Nelle could be her child. Carly attempted to control her story by saying she figure it out last night and told Jax, but he cut her off, saying he was done lying and wanted to tell Nina the truth.
On February 1, Nina learned that Nelle was her daughter, and that Jax had known for months. Then after searching Nelle's belongings, Nina discovers a photo of young Nelle (from the April 2020 flashback) wearing the half-heart shaped necklace in her box of memories, she knew instantly that Nelle didn't stole the necklace, because she was wearing it the entire time.
- Killed her ex-fiancé, Zachary Grant [pre-2016; revealed Jul 27, 2018; arrested on Aug 3, 2018; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Framed Avery Jerome-Corinthos' nanny for theft and in turn, the nanny was fired [Aug 22, 2016]
- Theft; stole money from the Metro Court hotel [Nov 17, 2016]
- Drugged Sonny Corinthos and tricked him into thinking they slept together [Nov 28, 2016]
- Assaulted Carly Corinthos [Feb 2, 2018]
- Impersonated Morgan Corinthos with a voice recorder to torment Carly (by calling) [Feb 2018]
- Broke into Carly's house and damaged a photo of Morgan Corinthos [Apr 6, 2018]
- Obstruction of justice; lied to Det. Dante Falconeri that Carly pushed her down a flight of stairs when in fact she fell [May 14, 2018; arrested on Aug 3, 2018; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Blackmailed Ava Jerome by threatening to tell Griffin Munro about her taking a photo of Peter August's DNA records if she didn't cooperate with her plans for Carly [May-Aug 7, 2018]
- Plotted to kill Michael Corinthos [Jul 26-Aug 3, 2018; arrested; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Left Michael to die in a car that was going to explode after she saw that he was stuck in his seat [Jul 29, 2018; shown on Jul 30, 2018; arrested on Aug 3, 2018; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Faked her and Michael's son's death after switching him with Brad Cooper and Dr. Lucas Jones' deceased adoptive son [Jul 29, 2018-Feb 19, 2020; switch shown on Jul 31, 2018; arrested on Feb 20, 2020; charges dropped without prejudice on Mar 4, 2020]
- Escaped from the hospital while in police custody [Aug 2, 2018; arrested on Aug 3, 2018; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Destruction of property; threw Josslyn Jacks' phone [Aug 3, 2018; arrested; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Assaulted Josslyn; which turned into a cat fight [Aug 3, 2018; arrested; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Assaulted Jordan Ashford [Aug 3, 2018]
- Assaulted Harrison Chase (she tried to kick him) [Aug 7, 2018]
- Threatened Brad Cooper [Oct 15, 2018]
- Pled no contest to all of the charges against her [Oct 15, 2018; was given the maximum sentence as a result; revealed to have been released on parole on Jan 14, 2020]
- Had Ryan Chamberlain stab her so she could get out of Pentonville [Dec 11, 2019]
- Antagonized Sam McCall [Dec 27, 2019]
- Plotted to extort a lot of money from the Quartermaines and then take off with "Wiley"/Jonah [Dec 27, 2019-Feb 20, 2020; revealed on Feb 4, 2020]
- Indirectly threatened Willow Tait [Jan 17, 2020]
- Trespassing; forced her way into Willow and Chase's apartment looking for "Wiley" and would not leave [Feb 19, 2020; arrested; charges dropped without prejudice on Mar 4, 2020]
- Knocked out Willow after fighting with her [Feb 19, 2020; arrested; charges dropped without prejudice on Mar 4, 2020]
- Attempted kidnapping; was about to take "Wiley"/Jonah and skip town with a phony passport without Willow's permission (Michael and Det. Chase stopped her) [Feb 20, 2020; arrested; charges dropped without prejudice on Mar 4, 2020]
- Perjury; claimed that Brad stole Jonah while she was unconscious when she was the one who gave him the baby [Feb 20, 2020]
- Paid Valentin Cassadine to arrange for the evidence against her (including the phony passport she was going to use to skip town with her son Jonah) to be "lost" [Mar 4, 2020]
- Threatened Valentin [Apr 14, 2020]
- Threatened Martin Gray [May 5, 2020]
- Blackmailed Julian Jerome into marriage (held the secret that he is responsible for Brad and Lucas’ accident and that Julian helped Brad keep the secret of Wiley Quartermaine-Corinthos' identity) [May 15-Aug 28, 2020]
- Contempt of court; threw an emotional outburst and yelled at Nina Reeves for her testimony about her being a bad mom and bad person [Aug 3, 2020]
- Put a tracker in Wiley’s stuffed animal [Aug 5, 2020]
- Ordered Julian to break into the Quartermaine Mansion to kidnap Wiley or else she'd tell Sonny about his (Julian's) involvement with Wiley being switched by Brad if he refused [Aug 20, 2020]
- Slashed at Brook Lynn Quartermaine in the throat with a pair of scissors to prevent her from contacting the police after she overheard Nelle's plan to kidnap Wiley [Aug 20, 2020]
- Kidnapped Wiley and trying to flee the country with him [Aug 24-27, 2020]
- Fugitive; hunted by the FBI and the PCPD [Aug 24-27, 2020]
- Smashed a glass vase across Michael's head in a failed attempt to render him unconscious [Aug 27, 2020]
- Kicked Carly in the face [Aug 27, 2020]
Health and Vitals
- Survived an overdose of opioid antidepressants while in utero because her maternal grandmother Madeline Reeves tried to kill her [revealed 2018; the child was revealed to be Nelle on Apr 9, 2020]
- Her mother Nina was comatose during the entire pregnancy [revealed 2018; the child was revealed to be Nelle on Apr 9, 2020]
- Born via c-section due to her mother Nina Reeves being in a coma from her overdose of antidepressants as orchestrated by her grandmother Madeline [1992: revised to 1993; revealed on Apr 9, 2020]
- Stolen at birth by her grandmother Madeline and put up for adoption [1992; revised to 1993; revealed on Apr 9, 2020]
- Life long mental illness [possibly due to the overdose of opioid antidepressants; pre-2016-2020]
- Spent a year in a mental hospital [pre-2016; revealed Oct 24, 2017]
- Unwillingly had her kidney carved out of her and sold by her adoptive father, Frank Benson [Mar 21, 2011; revealed Aug 9, 2016; date revealed Aug 26, 2020]
- Dependent on medication and suffers from chronic pain from her kidney removal [Mar 21, 2011-Aug 28, 2020; revealed on Mar 27, 2020]
- Her blood type is B- [revealed Aug 15, 2016]
- Threatened by Sonny Corinthos [Feb 14, 2017]
- Slapped by Carly Corinthos [Mar 3, 2017]
- Threatened by Valentin Cassadine [Mar 22, 2017]
- Mugged (her one remaining kidney was bruised as a result) [May 12, 2017]
- Fainted from low blood pressure from walking around in the cold while pregnant [Dec 22 and 28, 2017]
- Assaulted by Carly [Feb 2, 2018]
- Suffered from Braxton Hicks contractions [Mar 6, 2018]
- Cut her hand with scissors as part of her plan to make Carly go crazy [Mar 16, 2018]
- Rendered unconscious after falling down the stairs during an argument with Carly [May 11-14, 2018]
- Hospitalized after falling down a flight of stairs (suffered a concussion and bruises as a result) [May 14, 2018]
- Threatened by Sonny [Jun 4, 2018]
- Threatened by Carly [Jul 16, 2018]
- Experienced cramps during her to pregnancy [Jul 16, 2018]
- Rendered unconscious in a car accident [Jul 30, 2018]
- Went into labor in the middle of the woods and gave birth to her son completely natural [Jul 30-31, 2018]
- Hospitalized after giving birth in the woods [Aug 1-2, 2018]
- Suffered a bloody head and lip after getting into a fight with Josslyn Jacks [Aug 3, 2018]
- Threatened by Josslyn [Sep 30, 2019]
- Stabbed by Ryan Chamberlain at her own request so she could get out of Pentonville [Dec 11-12, 2019]
- Threatened by Sam McCall, who was antagonized by her [Dec 27, 2019]
- Threatened by Carly if she brought up Jonah Corinthos' name again [Jan 29, 2020]
- Physically fought with Willow Tait [Feb 19, 2020]
- Threatened again by Carly [Feb 25, 2020]
- Had a drink thrown on her by Willow [Mar 12, 2020]
- Locked on the rooftop of the hospital by Carly for not signing the surgery consent form for Wiley [Mar 27-30, 2020]
- Presumably suffered from a mild case of hypothermia [Mar 30, 2020]
- Blackmailed by Valentin Cassadine with the fake passports (if she provoked him then he would make sure the passports resurface) [Apr 14-Aug 5, 2020]
- Had shortness of breath and started hyperventilating after an outburst [Aug 3, 2020]
- Held at gunpoint and almost killed by Julian Jerome [Aug 21-24, 2020]
- Manhandled by Michael after kidnapping their son and refusing to give him back [Aug 27, 2020]
- Tackled by Carly [Aug 27, 2020]
- Died from a traumatic fall off a cliff while trying to escape from Carly [Aug 28, 2020; body revealed to have been found on Sep 23, 2020; cause of death revealed on Oct 19, 2020]
- By Valentin & Martin on ep 9/9/20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZd3IdAt9No
- In Greek mythology, she is a goddess, scorned, rejected, and seeking revenge
- Stated August 30, 2017.
- On March 3, 2017, Nelle told Carly her real name is Benson. This means Hayes is an alias.
- Stated rather sarcastically by Martin on 9/9/20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZd3IdAt9No
- It was stated by Franco that she is 22 ... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3u2xvb_general-hospital-2-24-16_tv ... Franco: She's a 22-year-old female ... http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/gh/older/2016/gh-trans-02-24-16.shtml
- On August 20, 2018, Madeline confirmed to Valentin that Nina has a daughter ... http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/recaps/27400/madeline-tells-valentin-about-ninas-child
- Ava and Nina were pregnant at the same time and Kiki’s birth year was changed to 1993.
- Birth date/death revealed on tombstone 10/22/20
- Birth date/death revealed on tombstone 10/22/20
- Stated October 12, 2017.
- Nelle's address was revealed in the last recently-aired episode as of the day this edit was issued on a piece of mail sent to Ryan at Pentonville but with the initials NBJ. The only character on the show that I'm aware of with these initials is Nelle but if in a future episode those initials are revealed to belong to another character, please revert this edit.
- Phyllis and Nina called Nelle’s adoptive mother Frank’s wife on 2/15/21.
- Madeline put Nina in a coma because her husband left all of the money in his will to Nina. Which would mean he's dead as Nina inherited the money.
- On August 28, 2018, Nina received a call from Pentonville that revealed Madeline was dead … http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/recaps/27425/the-identity-of-the-patient-in-ferncliff-is-revealed
- Stated by Silas on May 22, 2013 ... http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/gh/older/2013/gh-trans-05-22-13.shtml
- "Chloe Lanier Exits General Hospital!", Soapoperanews.net'', Soap Opera News, September 2, 2020. Retrieved on September 2, 2020.
- "Chloe Lanier Exits General Hospital After Nelle Benson Fell Over a Cliff", Soaps.com, Sheknows Media, LLC, September 4, 2020. Retrieved on September 4, 2020.