|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- Rebecca redirects here. For other uses of the name, see Rebecca (disambiguation).
|Portrayed by||Natalia Livingston|
|First appearance||January 15, 2009|
|Last appearance||December 22, 2009|
|Cause/reason||Moved to Paris, France|
|Created by||Robert Guza, Jr.|
|Introduced by||Jill Farren Phelps|
|Born|| January 17, 1984|
(Revised to 1983, then to January 16, 1982)
|Occupation|| X-Ray technician|
Former waitress at Kelly's
Rebecca Amber Shaw is a fictional character on the ABC soap opera General Hospital. She is the biological daughter of the late, Hank Bowen and his wife, the late, Paige Bowen and the adoptive daughter of the deceased, William and Nancy Shaw. She had an identical twin sister named, Emily Quartermaine.
She debuted on January 15, 2009, and was portrayed by Natalia Livingston, who previously portrayed the late Emily Quartermaine on the series from April 2003 to May 2008. The character is written off in December 2009.
Actress Natalia Livingston portrayed Emily Quartermaine on General Hospital from April 2003 to May 2008. In December 2008, it was reported that Livingston would return to the series, as a new character, Rebecca Shaw. She first appeared as Rebecca on January 15, 2009.
Livingston said of making the decision to return as a new character, "What was really important to me was remembering my five years on the show and how happy I was. I know that this is a group of people I love to work with, that it's a job I know I love. Second to that, I thought this would be challenging because it's a new character. It's not a recast, like when I stepped into Amber Tamblyn's shoes [as Emily]. This is a chance to have something new and my own."
She has also noted that Rebecca was a far more challenging role to play than Emily. After less than a year on screen, it was announced that Livingston would once again depart from the series.
Rebecca is the daughter of Hank and Paige Bowen and the twin sister of Emily Quartermaine. She was put up for adoption because her parents couldn't raise twins. Rebecca came to town with her lover Ethan Lovett to scam all of Emily's loved ones.
X-ray technician Rebecca Shaw arrives in fictional Port Charles, New York in January 2009, and local residents are shocked at her resemblance to Dr. Emily Quartermaine, who had been murdered over a year before. Rebecca becomes more evasive about her past as she meets Emily's inquisitive loved ones, including Emily's former fiance Nikolas Cassadine. Though touched by the story of Nikolas and Emily's romance, Rebecca is put off by Nikolas' persistence; she meets his half-brother Lucky Spencer, who is the first person in town to ask her about herself. Rebecca and Lucky begin dating, which puts the brothers slightly at odds; Rebecca is also drawn to Nikolas, and they kiss. Nikolas' evil grandmother Helena Cassadine — who had hated Emily and had even tried to kill her; returns to town. Helena notes Rebecca's resemblance to Emily with interest, and insults her. Nikolas' aunt Alexis Davis voices her suspicions that Helena has actually orchestrated Rebecca's arrival as part of some plan; Nikolas is inclined to agree when he later sees Helena and Rebecca talking. Alexis accuses Rebecca of having had plastic surgery, and pulls back Rebecca's hair to reveal a scar; Rebecca explains that it is from a childhood injury, and storms out in a fury. Rebecca resumes her new relationship with Lucky, which irks Nikolas and drives him to kiss Lucky's ex-wife Elizabeth Webber in retaliation. Rebecca and Lucky stop short of having sex but Nikolas is left with the impression that they have; Rebecca seeks out Nikolas and admits that she is attracted to him.
On June 3, 2009, Alexis learns that Rebecca had been illegally adopted, and Nikolas and Rebecca finally have sex. Helena returns on June 4, 2009 and tries to lure Rebecca away from her "current partner" and assist in Helena's plans; Rebecca angrily refuses. Later, Rebecca is revealed to be conspiring and romantically involved with Ethan Lovett; after receiving more information, Alexis gives Nikolas the news that Rebecca is Emily's twin sister. Nikolas tells a surprised Rebecca the truth on June 9, 2009; Rebecca has secretly known all along, and as other people find out, Elizabeth is among those who suspect as much.
On August 14, 2009 Lucky came to Nikolas and told him what Rebecca's con with Ethan. On August 17, 2009 Nikolas breaks up with Rebecca. Rebecca does her best to win him back, insisting she loves him truly. Nikolas gets back with Rebecca, and conspires to somehow humiliate and ruin her in the process. He later changes his mind when he falls in love with Elizabeth. He breaks up with Rebecca, and when she comes to Wyndemere to get him back, she sees him and Elizabeth in bed together. She wants to tell Lucky, but first confronts Elizabeth. Later, when she goes to tell Lucky, she get accidentally run over by Nikolas. She later decides not to tell Lucky when she hears the story of how Nikolas, Emily, Elizabeth, and Lucky all became friends. On December 21, 2009, she announces that she's leaving town to go to Paris to study, originally offered by Monica Quartermaine, Emily's adoptive mother. After she boards the plane, she meets Aaron, who resembles Emily's dead ex-husband, Zander Smith.
Health and Vitals
- Struck by a car driven by Nikolas [Dec 2009]
- ↑ Stated to be 14 in 1998.
- ↑ Emily and Rebecca are twins; Emily's birthdate was shown on her grave marker on March 9, 2016 and April 28, 2017.
- ↑ Rebecca's middle name "Amber" is stated by Alexis on the May 27, 2009 episode.
- ↑ http://www.soaps.com/generalhospital/cast/730/Rebecca_Shaw
- ↑ http://www.soaps.com/generalhospital/cast/316/Emily_Quartermaine
- ↑ http://www.buddytv.com/articles/general-hospital/natalia-livingston-coming-back-25371.aspx
- ↑ http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2008/1215-livingston.php
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2009/01/12/general-hospita/
- ↑ http://www.tvfanatic.com/2008/12/details-on-natalia-livingston-return-to-general-hospital/
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/Soaps/Livingston-returns-GH-1001587.aspx
- ↑ http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2009/03/1931-one-on-one-with-natalia-livingston/
- ↑ http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2009/1026-livingston.php
- ↑ http://soaps.sheknows.com/generalhospital/news/id/5787/Natalia_Livingston_Leaving_General_Hospital/
- ↑ http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/natalia-livingston-leaving-ghcom
- ↑ General Hospital recap (2/25/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (4/15/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 General Hospital recap (4/16/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 General Hospital recap (4/20/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (4/21/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (4/29/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (5/1/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (5/4/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (6/3/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (6/4/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 General Hospital recap (6/5/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (6/9/09) - Soaps.com
- ↑ General Hospital recap (6/9/10) - Soaps.com