- Ric redirects here. For other uses of the name, see Richard (disambiguation)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Richard "Ric" Lansing is a fictional character on the ABC soap opera, General Hospital. He is the son of late attorney and mobster, Trevor Lansing and his late mistress/fiancée, Adela Corinthos, and the half brother of mob boss, Sonny Corinthos.
The character was portrayed by soap opera veteran Rick Hearst from 2002 to 2009, and returned from 2014 to 2016.
Rick Hearst originated the role in 2002.
On June 14 and June 15, 2007, the role of Ric Lansing was played by Nick Kiriazis, when Hearst had throat surgery.
In 2004, Hearst won a Daytime Emmy Award as "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series" for the role, at the 31st Daytime Emmy Awards.
He won again in 2007 in the "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series" category.
On January 24, 2014, it was announced that Hearst would be returning to GH as Ric. He returned from February 24 to June 13, 2014.
He returned again on December 23, 2014.
Hearst, who hadn't been seen since April 2016, was seen again on July 20, 2016 but hasn't been seen since.
Before Ric was born, his father, Trevor, had an affair with Sonny's mother, Adela. Adela ended up getting pregnant, and Trevor sent her and Sonny to live in his vacation home located in Martha's Vineyard to prevent from his wife finding out about Adela. While pregnant, Adela accidentally fell down the stairs.
Later on, Trevor told Ric that Sonny had done it because of jealousy. After Ric was born, Trevor tried to make her put Sonny up for adoption, but instead she left with only Sonny. Because of this, Ric blames Sonny for not having his mother in his life. Just prior to arriving in Port Charles, Ric attended Harvard Law School.
Five months after he arrives in Port Charles, he reveals to Sonny that he is actually his half-brother. After years of a tumultuous relationship with his brother he no longer wants revenge on his brother. Through the years, Ric has constantly wanted to drive a wedge through Sonny and Jason's brotherly relationship. Upon arriving, he flirts with Carly Corinthos, as a way of getting to Sonny. He soon dates Elizabeth Webber, whom he marries in 2003.
After Elizabeth miscarries her child with Ric, Ric accuses Sonny responsible for the miscarriage and kidnaps his pregnant wife, Carly, keeping her hostage in a room and planning to steal their child. After Carly escapes, Sonny pushes Ric down the stairs and Elizabeth divorces Ric and sleeps with Zander Smith. After Zander's sudden death, Elizabeth discovers that she is pregnant and Ric agrees to raise the child. The two remarry but soon divorce due to Ric's obsession with Sonny, and Elizabeth gives birth to Cameron Webber, who Ric never raised. Nonetheless, Ric has said many times that Elizabeth was the first person he ever loved, and she and Cameron were the most important people in his life.
Soon after, Carly is kidnapped by Lorenzo Alcazar and Ric decides to help Sonny and Jason find her, and Sonny allows him to become his advocate. This is part of Ric's revenge plan, however. Ric later insults Sam McCall, Jason's girlfriend, leading Jason to assault him until Sonny stops Jason from going too far. Ric soon pursues Alexis Davis, Sonny's ex, and marries her. Ric bonds with Alexis and her daughter Kristina. Alexis becomes pregnant and gives birth to Ric's daughter on November 5, 2005. Throughout the pregnancy, Ric dates Reese Marshall, but Reese dies in a train crash. Ric reconciles with Alexis and he helps her discover that Sam McCall is her daughter. When Sam and Ric's respective relationships sour, they end up in bed, in which Jason and Alexis walk in.
Ric later goes to work for Anthony Zacchara and releases him from an asylum. Ric also gets Johnny Zacchara acquitted of murder, leading Johnny's sister Claudia Corinthos to reward him with sex. Their relationship lasts until Anthony forces Claudia to marry Sonny, but Ric still sleeps with Claudia until she and Sonny get intimate. Ric later discovers her involvement in Michael Corinthos' shooting, and after months of taunting Claudia with the information, he rapes her in April 2009 and reveals Claudia's secret to Sonny.
Sonny, who distrusts Ric, asks him for further evidence and allows his wife to live with him until she is proven guilty. After Claudia becomes pregnant, Ric convinces Sonny that the baby could be his. But unexpectedly, on June 25, 2009, Ric flees Port Charles and moves to Los Angeles, in the hopes of leaving Sonny, Claudia, and all of his old demons behind, and building himself a new life there. In his final scene, he is seen entering an elevator and telling Claudia, "Don't worry about me. I'll be back," and smiling as the doors close.
On July 20, 2009, Claudia contacts Ric, telling him that Sonny is the father of her son, and that there is no need for him to return Port Charles. Moments after hanging up, Claudia is run off the road, causing her to lose the baby.
In March 2010, Alexis is talking with her nephew, Nikolas Cassadine, and tells him that she and Ric hardly speak to each other, despite sharing a child. It is stated that Molly went to visit her father for Christmas 2010.
On February 24, 2014, Ric returns to Port Charles, showing up at Alexis' home, where Rafe is watching Danny. It is revealed that Ric and Alexis have shared custody of Molly. He resumes a connection with his ex-wife Elizabeth and the two begin dating. In May, Julian Jerome told the police that Ric was his boss when in fact Ric was being framed. On June 12, Ric and Anna fake his death in order to smoke out Julian's real boss.
On December 9, Anna finds out that Ric is missing. On December 12, Johnny reveals to Sonny that he has a role in Ric's disappearance. On December 23, Ric is saved by Shawn Butler and Jordan Ashford from being shot and killed by Carlos Rivera. He then shares a heartfelt reunion with his daughter, Molly. Later, Ric stops Elizabeth from kissing Jason Morgan and shares a reunion with her. He continued to reconnect with Elizabeth and Molly.
After reconnecting with Elizabeth, he hires Hayden Barnes to pretend to be "Jake Doe"'s wife (the other man that Elizabeth has feelings for). It was all revealed at The Nurses' Ball and Elizabeth broke up with him.
- Embezzled money from Luis Alcazar [Imprisoned in Venezuela, pre-July 2002]
- Stole a tape recording that was evidence in the murder of Luis Alcazar from the PCPD [Dec 9, 2002]
- Lied about raping Carly and then blackmailed Carly to cozy up to Sonny [Mar 2003]
- Shot Faith Rosco before she could give him up as her partner against Sonny [Apr 1, 2003]
- Killed Sonny’s guard, Paulie (offscreen) [Apr 23, 2003]
- Held a gun to Courtney Matthews’ neck [Apr 25, 2003]
- Held Jason Morgan at gunpoint [Apr 25-28, 2003]
- Knocked Jason unconscious [Apr 28, 2003]
- Kidnapped Courtney and put her in a mine shaft [Apr 28, 2003]
- Held Sonny at gunpoint [Apr 29, 2003]
- Planned to frame Jason for the murder of Fowler by planting his fingerprints on the murder weapon; Ric is the one who killed Fowler [Revealed May 6, 2003]
- Attempted to blackmail Courtney into marrying him with false evidence framing Jason for murder [May 12, 2003]
- Drugged Elizabeth with a sedative and had sex with her [Jun 13, 2003]
- Kidnapped Carly and held her prisoner in a secret panic room [Jun 13-Jul 18, 2003]
- Grabbed Carly by her hair and dragged her back to the panic room after she escaped [Jun 16, 2003]
- Paid off Dr. Gordon to tell Elizabeth she couldn't have children [Jun 2, 2003]
- Drugged Elizabeth with birth control pills to keep her from conceiving a child which caused her to have an embolism [Jul 7-14, 2003]
- Held Lorenzo Alcazar at gunpoint [Jul 10, 2003]
- Attempted to smother Elizabeth with a pillow [Jul 17-18, 2003]
- Impersonated a doctor with the help of Faith so he could escape General Hospital [Aug 20, 2003]
- Arrested for Elizabeth's hit-and-run (not guilty) [Sep 8, 2003; charges dropped]
- Framed Nikolas Cassadine for Cody McCall's murder, so that Zander Smith would give up parental rights to his unborn child [Jan 2004]
- Blackmailed Zander Smith; threatened to frame Zander for Cody McCall's murder if he didn't sign away rights to his unborn child [Jan 2004]
- Covered up Elizabeth's involvement in Zander's death; Zander was later discovered to be alive
- Various crimes committed while representing the Corinthos Organization while Sonny suffered from bipolar disorder 
- Adultery; slept with Reese Marshall while married to Alexis [May 25, 2005]
- Shot Manny Ruiz after he was shot by one of his men being assaulted by Jason [Sep 15, 2005]
- Adultery; slept with Sam McCall while married to her mother, Alexis [Aug 11, 2006]
- Framed Sam for stealing a flash drive with incriminating evidence against Sonny and Jason on it [Nov 2006]
- Various crimes committed while DA [2006-07]
- Got into a fistfight with Randy Compton, a man who was assaulting Marianna [Feb 20, 2008]
- Moved Randy Compton's body in order to make it look liked he died in the dock explosion [Mar 18, 2008]
- Various crimes committed while representing the Zacchara Organization 
- Adultery; had an affair with Claudia Zacchara while she was married to his older half-brother, Sonny [Dec 5, 2008-Feb 25, 2009]
- Blackmailed Claudia Zacchara [Spring 2009]
- Raped Claudia Zacchara [Apr 2009]
- Arrested and jailed after being wrongly accused of drug related activities [Jun 2014]
- Faked his own death with help from Anna Devane and Nathan West [Jun-Dec 2014]
- Fraud; paid Hayden Barnes to break up and keep Elizabeth Webber and Jake Doe away from each other, by having her pretend to be Jake's wife [Mar 20-May 1, 2015; revealed Mar 24, 2015]
- Plotted with Madeline Reeves to acquire Nina's money [May 18-Aug 31, 2015; revealed May 29, 2015]
- Fraud; married Nina Reeves to acquire her money [May 18, 2015]
- Adultery; had an affair with Madeline Reeves while married to her daughter, Nina [Jun 26-Aug 31, 2015]
Health and Vitals
- Beaten on the orders of Luis Alcazar [pre-Jul 2002]
- Accidentally shot by Faith Rosco's hit-woman, who was trying to kill Sonny Corinthos [Mar 10, 2003]
- Punched in the face and stomach by Jason Morgan [Apr 17, 2003]
- Shot by Sonny’s guard, Paulie [Apr 23, 2003]
- Kneed in the groin and punched by Courtney Matthews [Apr 25, 2003]
- Held at gunpoint by Sonny [Apr 29-30, 2003]
- Almost shot by Jason; the gunshot was redirected by Sonny [May 1, 2003]
- Held in a chokehold by Jason [May 1, 1003]
- Slapped by Elizabeth Webber [May 1, 2003]
- Drugged, tied to a chair, and held at gunpoint by Carly; Sonny stopped Carly from killing Ric [May 2-5, 2003]
- Kidnapped by Max Giambetti on the orders of Sonny [May 21, 2003]
- Held at gunpoint by Max on the orders of Sonny [May 21, 2003]
- Held in a chokehold again by Jason [Jun 6, 2003]
- Elbowed by Carly in self-defense [Jun 16, 2003]
- Threatened with a fire poker by Carly in self-defense [Jun 16, 2003]
- Slammed in the back by Carly in self-defense [Jun 18, 2003]
- Slammed against a wall at General Hospital by Jason [Jun 27, 2003]
- Punched in the face and stomach by Jason [Jun 30, 2003]
- Sustained a minor head injury after he was assaulted by one of Alcazar's men [Jul 18, 2003]
- Slammed against a wall by Sonny [Jul 21, 2003]
- Slapped by Elizabeth [Jul 21, 2003]
- Had his head held in a death grip by Jason [Jul 22, 2003]
- Kidnapped by Jason and left in the panic room [Jul 22-23, 2003]
- Taped to a chair by Jason [Jul 25, 2003]
- Thrown down stairs by Sonny [Jul 25, 2003]
- Assaulted and held at gunpoint by Sonny [Jul 28, 2003]
- Had a gun held to his head by Jason [Jul 29, 2003]
- Punched multiple times by Jason [Jul 29, 2003]
- Shot in both the leg and the chest by one of Alcazar's men [Aug 8, 2003]
- Went into cardiac arrest [Aug 8, 2003]
- Almost shot by one of Lorenzo's men; saved by Jason [Aug 11, 2003]
- Slapped by Elizabeth [Aug 13, 2003]
- Held at gunpoint by Lorenzo [Aug 18, 2003]
- Held at gunpoint by Max on the orders of Sonny [Aug 19, 2003]
- Almost strangled by Sonny with his own hospital call button cord [Aug 19, 2003]
- Slammed against a wall at General Hospital and pinned there by Jason [Sep 16, 2003]
- Grabbed and slammed against a railing by Jason [Oct 20, 2003]
- Slapped by Emily Quartermaine [Mar 25, 2004]
- Shot during a shootout with the Ruiz family 
- Held hostage at gunpoint by Manny Ruiz and his men [Sep 15, 2005]
- Fell ill during the encephalitis plague that hit Port Charles [Feb 2006]
- Beat up by Jason [Oct 2006]
- Hit with a chair by Sam McCall [Nov 2006]
- Stabbed by Anthony Zacchara during Black & White Ball [Nov 2007]
- His blood type is A- [revealed Nov 2007]
- Caught in an explosion on the docks; not injured [Mar 17, 2008]
- Jumped into cold water after the dock explosion to save Carly [Mar 18, 2008]
- Assaulted by Jason Morgan [Spring 2008]
- Assaulted by Jason (pinned to a wall) [Feb 2009]
- Given a lethal overdose of sleeping pills and alcohol by Claudia Zacchara [Spring 2009]
- Drugged by Luke Spencer [May 2014]
- Framed by Julian Jerome for being his boss and by Luke for killing Harry the hit man [May 29, 2014; arrested]
- Presumed dead [Jun-Dec 2014]
- Kidnapped and was held against his own will by Johnny Zacchara and his goons [Dec 2014]
- Almost got shot and killed by Carlos Rivera under Johnny's orders (Jordan and Shawn stopped him) [Dec 23, 2014]
- Slapped by Elizabeth [May 1, 2015]
- Wore a wire to record Madeline Reeves' confession [Aug 28-31, 2015]
- Attacked by his nephew, Morgan [Sep 10, 2015]
- Blackmailed (by Franco and Nina) into signing annulment papers and signing away any claim to Nina's money by threatening to pursue criminal chargers for trying make Nina think she was crazy and for trying to steal her money [Sep 14, 2015]
|Predecessor||Assistant District Attorney||Successor|
- Ric Lansing and Alexis Davis
- Ric Lansing and Claudia Zacchara
- Ric Lansing and Elizabeth Webber
- Ric Lansing and Faith Flynn
- Ric Lansing and Sam McCall
- Luis Alcázar's housekeeper