|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Born|| October 30, 1992 |
Burlington, North Carolina
Tequan Richmond (pronounced Tuh-kwon) is best known for his role as Drew on the UPN/CW sitcom Everybody Hates Chris. He also had a small role as Ray Charles, Jr. (son of singer/musician Ray Charles) in the motion picture Ray. Recently, Richmond assumed the role of T.J. Ashford on the long-running ABC soap opera General Hospital and was pre-nominated for a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Young Actor in 2013 for the soap.
Richmond made his 2013 Sundance Film Festival debut with a performance as Beltway sniper Lee Boyd Malvo in "Blue Caprice." The film sold to Sundance Select/IFC Films and opened New Directors/New Films Festival at MoMA in 2013. The film has a fall 2013 theater release.
Richmond moved to Los Angeles in 2001 and never intended on becoming an actor.
Richmond has also appeared in magazine ads such as Sports Illustrated, Reader's Digest, Newsweek, and National Geographic, as well as a national Nestlé print ad. He also was one of six l hosts for kids' TV shows on Toon Disney and has had guest-starring roles on CBS' Cold Case, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Private Practice, Detroit 1-8-7, Memphis Beat, Love That Girl, and Numb3rs, as well as Lifetime's Strong Medicine and FX's The Shield. He has co-starred on NBC's ER, Showtime's Weeds, and Fox's MadTV.
He also appeared in the rap video "Hate It Or Love It" by 50 Cent and Game as young Game.
- The Law and Mr. Lee (2003): Andre Lee
- Cold Case (2004): R.J. Holden
- The Shield (2005): Lionel
- Strong Medicine (2005): Shay Williams
- The Celestine Prophecy (2006): Basketball Principal Player
- Numb3rs (2008): Bishop
- Everybody Hates Chris (2005-2009): Drew Rock
- Weeds (2009): Teenager
- Detroit 1-8-7 (2010): Appleman
- Private Practice (2011): Tyler
- Lover That Girl! (2011): Gilbert
- Memphis Beat (2011): Jesse
- General Hospital (2012 - Present): T.J. Ashford