The Nurses' Ball is founded in 1994 by Lucy Coe as a fundraiser for HIV and AIDS awareness and research. It is held at the Port Charles Hotel (where the Metro Court Hotel stands today), and attended by most everyone in Port Charles. From 1994-1995, philanthropist Jon Hanley served as co-chair, until his own death from AIDS.
The event includes acts by various citizens, including singing, acting and dancing. Lucy emcees the event, often with Katherine Bell, and has become notorious for usually ending up in her underwear somehow during the show.
The Nurses' Ball becomes more personal for many in 1996 when local teenager Robin Scorpio is diagnosed with HIV. After eight consecutive Nurses' Ball, the 2001 one is the last one for awhile due to lack of funding.
It was brought back in 2013 along with a new Red Carpet arrivals segment that was hosted for four years by Donny Sheldon. Since 2014, Nina Reeves, as the editor of Crimson, has interviewed the Red Carpet arrivals.
In 2020, the Ball is held as a telethon to support front-line workers, with Robin Scorpio-Drake (who is also a doctor) giving it her blessing.
Original Nurses' Balls
Damian Smith suggests the Ball and underwrites it. Lucy Coe co-chairs it with Bobbie Jones and Jon Hanley. It aired June 23 and 24, 1994. During the chorus line, a fight between Damian and Tony Jones causes the curtain to be pulled down, revealing Lucy backstage in her underwear. They raise close to $500 thousand for the General Hospital AIDS Pediatric Unit and AIDS Outreach Programs.
- Drs. Kevin Collins, Monica Quartermaine and Simone Hardy perform Triplets from Bandwagon.
- Nurse Bobbie Jones and Damian Smith dance the tango (Tony Jones is supposed to dance with Bobbie, but leaves her standing alone on stage).
- Nurses Amy Vining and Audrey Hardy and Dr. Simone Hardy are included in the chorus line that performs One from A Chorus Line.
- Dr. Steve Hardy performs Casey at the Bat.
- Felicia Jones and her daughter Maxie Jones dance to April Showers, with Felicia dressed as a clown.
- Stone Cates and his girlfriend Robin Scorpio act out the death scene from Romeo and Juliet.
- Mac Scorpio does a standup comedy routine.
- Brothers A.J. Quartermaine and Jason Quartermaine do a comedy skit.
The Ball is once again underwritten by Damian Smith. It is co-chaired by Lucy Coe, and Katherine Bell, and Jon Hanley. It aired June 21 and 22, 1995. During the chorus line at the end, Katherine throws Lucy out onto the stage in her underwear.
- Eddie Maine and the Idle Rich perform Somewhere Over the Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz.
- Drs. Tony Jones, Kevin Collins and Alan Quartermaine, with Emily Bowen-Quartermaine perform If I Only Had a Brain from The Wizard of Oz.
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine performs King of the Forest from The Wizard of Oz.
- Drs. Tony Jones, Kevin Collins and Alan Quartermaine, with Emily Bowen-Quartermaine perform We're Off To See the Wizard from The Wizard of Oz.
- Mary Mae Ward and her Pips (Justus Ward, Luke Spencer and Lucky Spencer) perform Midnight Train to Georgia.
- Luke Spencer and Lucky Spencer do a hip hop dance.
- Miguel Morez sings The Power to Believe.
- Dr. Steve Hardy and his grandson Tommy Hardy perform You've Gotta have Heart from Damn Yankees.
- Lucy Coe and Damian Smith perform Anything You Can Do from Annie Get Your Gun.
- Lucy Coe strips to Big Spender, auctioning off her clothing for charity
- Nurses Bobbie Spencer, Audrey Hardy and Amy Vining, and Dr. Simone Hardy are included in the chorus line that performs One from A Chorus Line.
The Ball in underwritten by Katherine Bell. Katherine and Lucy Coe were co-chairs again. It aired June 21, 1996. Former co-chair Jon Hanley had died of AIDS previously, which was announced by Lucy. Sonny and Lily Corinthos donate $30 million dollars to establish the Stone Cates Memorial AIDS Wing. Mac Scorpio presents his niece Robin Scorpio with a quilt made in memory of her boyfriend Stone Cates, who died of AIDS. Robin announces she's HIV positive, breaks down, and Jason Morgan carries her off stage. Katherine rigs it so that Lucy ends up swinging by her ankles, causing her dress to go over her head and revealing her underwear, over the stage at the end of the Ball during the chorus line.Acts
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine sings Beautiful Girls.
- Carly Roberts, Dr. Tony Jones and his son Lucas Jones perform Together from Gypsy.
- Ned Ashton sings We're Having A Baby.
- Katherine Bell (lip syncing to Dara Jensen) and Lucy Coe perform Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
- Janis Ian performs When Angels Cry.
- Carly Roberts, Nurse Audrey Hardy, Dr. Simone Hardy and Keesha Ward are included in the chorus line that performs One from A Chorus Line.
The Ball is underwritten by Jasper Jacks. It is again co-chaired by Katherine Bell and Lucy Coe. It aired June 20 and 23, 1997. Katherine rigs Lucy's dress so that it will fall off her when she goes on stage during the chorus line at the end.
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine sings It's a Grand Night for Singing and Ten Minutes Ago from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.
- Dr. Tony Jones and Carly Roberts perform There Ain't Nothing Wrong with Me.
- Nurse Bobbie Cassadine and Luke Spencer perform Last Dance.
- Edward Quartermaine and Emily Bowen-Quartermaine perform Together at Last from Annie.
- Dara Jensen and Ned Ashton perform You've got a Friend.
- Carly Roberts (now Corinthos-Jacks) and Keesha Ward are included in the chorus line that performs One from A Chorus Line.
The Ball is underwritten by Stefan Cassadine, and Lucy Coe chairs it. It aired June 19 and 22, 1998. Eve Lambert locks Lucy in the rolling wardrobe closet during the chorus line at the end of the night. Lucy wheels herself out onto stage and bursts through the closet door in her underwear.
- Lucky Spencer, Dara Jensen, Elizabeth Webber and Marcus Taggert perform Jailhouse Rock.
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine, Robin Scorpio and Ned Ashton perform Someone to Watch Over Me.
- Lucy Coe, Brenda Barrett, Dara Jensen and Dr. Karen Wexler performer Big Spender from Sweet Charity.
- Drs. Eve Lambert and Julie Devlin perform You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story.
- Ned Ashton and Emily Bowen-Quartermaine perform The Power to Believe.
- Scott Baldwin, Mac Scorpio, Edward Quartermaine, Serena Baldwin, Dr. Karen Wexler, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, Robin Scorpio and Maxie Jones perform Thank Heaven for Little Girls from Gigi and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
- Drs. Julie Devlin, Eve Lambert and Karen Wexler are included in the chorus line that performs One from A Chorus Line.
The Ball is underwritten by Amanda Barrington. Lucy Coe and Katherine Bell are again the co-chairs. It aired June 18 and 21, 1999. Katherine and Eve Lambert see to it that Lucy is pulled out on stage by the chorus line at the end while she's in her underwear and changing backstage.
- Ned Ashton, A.J. Quartermaine, Dr. Alan Quartermaine and Edward Quartermaine sing I Feel Good
- Chloe Morgan and Jasper Jacks dance to Cheek to Cheek from Top Hat
- Drs. Chris Ramsey, Eve Lambert, Karen Wexler, Joe Scanlon, Ellen Burgess and Matt Harmon perform Doctor, Doctor
- Mary Scanlon, Serena Baldwin, Neil Kanelos, Victor Collins perform High Hopes
- Lucy Coe and Katherine Bell perform I'm a Woman
- Dr. Tony Jones, Mike Corbin, Mac Scorpio, Nurse Bobbie Spencer, Felicia Jones and Drs. Eve Lambert and Chris Ramsey perform Jump, Jive and Wail
- Emily Bowen-Quartermaine and Ned Ashton sing Forever Young
- There is a chorus line at the end that performs a can-can
The Ball is underwritten by Stefan Cassadine and chaired by Lucy Coe. It aired June 20-22, 2000. Nikolas Cassadine gives a speech on Stefan's behalf. Dr. Chris Ramsey donates $250,000 to the General Hospital AIDS Research fund. There is no chorus line, and Lucy does not end up in her underwear.
- A music video of Dr. Kevin Collins and Victor Collins singing Chick Magnet is played, with Dr. Eve Lambert and Mary Scanlon.
- Juan Santiago, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine and Elizabeth Webber sing and dance to Footloose from Footloose.
- Eddie Mane sings Simply Irresistible.
- Lucy Coe and Drs. Alan Quartermaine and Tony Jones perform to Hey Good Lookin'.
- Juan Santiago and Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, with help from Robin Scorpio and Lucy Coe, perform Lean On Me. The audience also sings with them.
The Ball is underwritten by Amanda Barrington, and Lucy Coe chairs it. It aired June 20 and 21, 2001. Stefan Cassadine announced that the Cassadines would double all contributions made that evening. Lucy Coe announced that the show had to go on despite a Manhattan train colliding with a bus. Also, Helena Cassadine and Stavros were arguing about when to unleash their next act of terrorism.
- Edward Quartermaine, Mac Scorpio, Marcus Taggert, Roy DiLucca, and A.J. Quartermaine perform It's In His Kiss.
- Gabrielle does a striptease to Let Me Entertain You.
- Alison Barrington, Livvie Locke, and Jamal Woods perform Love Potion No. 9.
- Nikolas Cassadine, Gia Campbell, and Lucky Spencer perform Up On the Roof.
- Felicia Jones and Luke Spencer perform Old Time Rock n' Roll.
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine sings Not While I'm Around from Sweeney Todd, while at the bedside of his temporarily paralyzed daughter, Emily.
Nurses' Ball Returns
The Ball aired April 5-9, 2013 in honor of the 50th Anniversary of General Hospital and is chaired by Lucy Coe.
Nurse Sabrina Santiago takes the initiative to revive the Nurses' Ball, which has been absent for twelve years. Sabrina is able to get enough support, and the committee consists of Dr. Steve Webber (until he is arrested for murder and extradited to Memphis), Nurse Elizabeth Webber, Dr. Patrick Drake, Dr. Britt Westbourne (albeit stating negatively that there are several obstacles and setting roadblocks) and Sabrina. Nurse Felix DuBois also joins in to help with planning the Ball. After some help from Lucy Coe, Tracy Quartermaine agrees to underwrite the Nurses' Ball. When ELQ faces some financial troubles, however, the Nurses' Ball is sidelined due to Tracy not being able to fund the ball after all.
Lucy then presents a check to the committee from an "anonymous donor," and they start planning the acts. Carly Jacks allows the Nurses' Ball to be held at the Metro Court hotel free of charge.
On October 1, 2013, Jerry Jacks tells Dr. Robin that he had anonymously underwritten the Ball.
Numerous popular characters from the past return for the 50th Aniversary, including Dr. Noah Drake, Nurse Bobbie Spencer, Brenda Barett who all return shortly before the Nurses' Ball. Other characters from the past arrive during the weeks leading up to the Ball, but who are not included in the event, are Jasper "Jax" Jacks, Dr. Kevin Collins, Dr. Liesl Obrecht, Nurse Audrey Hardy, Nikolas Cassadine, Scott Baldwin, Laura Spencer, Ethan Lovett and Helena Cassadine. Dr. Alan Quartermaine, Dr. Emily Quartermaine and Dr. Rick Webber also appeared as ghosts in the Quartermaine Mansion on April 1st.
Lucy calls in Richard Simmons to choreograph the opening number, but after a spat over the music, Richard quits and a handy-man named Anton Ivanov (played by Maks Chmerkovskiy known for being on Dancing with the Stars) steps in to choreograph it with music and lyrics from TJ Ashford and Molly Lansing-Davis.
Lucy Coe argues and later gets puts into a closet by Richard Simmons. With Lucy's brief absence, Elizabeth Webber, steps in as a backup hostess to introduce the first two acts of April 8th (Duke Lavery's tango and Milo and his men's dance number). Lucy Coe is pushed on stage in her underwear by Richard Simmons. Richard Simmons is later taken out of the ballroom by Milo's men.
Lucy had thirteen gown changes throughout the event.
Shown on April 5
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances.
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Elizabeth Webber, Sabrina Santiago, and Felix DuBois are included in the opening number, a performance to a song by Molly Lansing-Davis and T.J. Ashford, using choreography provided by Anton Ivanov.
- Damian Spinelli and Ellie Trout perform She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby.
- Sam Morgan and Anton Ivanov dance to Jumptown Saturday Night. (Sam steps in, after Anton's original partner is injured.)
- Mac Scorpio uses his ventriloquism act to roast Frisco Jones.
- Frisco Jones sings All I Need as a serenade to Felicia Jones.
Shown on April 8
- Duke Lavery and Anna Devane does a tango dance number. (Lucy Coe was to be Duke's partner, but she has been tied up by an angry Richard Simmons. Elizabeth Webber steps in as temporary mistress of ceremonies.)
- Milo Giambetti (as Magic Milo), along with Michael Corinthos, Max Giambetti, Damian Spinelli, Anton Ivanov and Felix DuBois perform a striptease to Give It to Me Baby by Rick James, during which Lucy bursts on stage in her underwear, demanding Richard Simmons be removed.
- Rick Springfield sings Jessie's Girl (arranged by Springfield's character Dr. Noah Drake).
- Nurse Sabrina Santiago and Emma Scorpio-Drake perform a duet to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Shown on April 9
- Olivia Falconeri does a routine as The Bensonhurst Medium with Max Giambetti acting as her assistant.
- Kate Grahn (the real-life daughter of Nancy Lee Grahn, who plays Alexis) performs her original song Private School Girls with her band Traction, Molly Lansing-Davis and T.J. Ashford.
- Nurse Elizabeth Webber and A.J. Quartermaine perform a dance (offscreen)
- Nurse Epiphany Johnson, Dr. Monica Quartermaine, and Tracy Quartermaine perform The Jump by the Pointer Sisters under the name Epiphany and the Revelations.
- Nurse Sabrina Santiago and Dr. Patrick Drake sing You're Not Alone to Emma Scorpio-Drake with the audience making a semi-circle at the edge of the stage.
- At the event, Carly Corinthos-Jacks kicks Brenda Barett out of the ballroom due to her starting a food fight.
- Sabrina Santiago has a makeover and Patrick Drake asks her out to the Nurses' Ball. Milo Giambetti, who had intended to take Sabrina, is left without a date.
- As the response to Frisco Jones' proposal after his serenade, Felicia Jones tells Frisco that Mac Scorpio is her choice. Later, Felicia asks Mac Scorpio to marry her and he accepts.
- Rick Springfield returns as Dr. Noah Drake to give advice to his son Patrick Drake and meets Sabrina Santiago. Noah also talks to Bobbie Spencer.
- On April 8, 2013, Ellie Trout goes to alert security after Richard Simmons shoves Lucy Coe out on the stage and hears Frisco Jones and Maxie Jones talking about Maxie's baby. The baby that Maxie was carrying was her and Spinelli's biological child not Dante and Lulu's.
- Patrick Drake gives a tribute to Robin Scorpio-Drake and gives praise to the community and the hospital. However, Dr. Britt Westbourne crashes the tribute with announcement that she has something to share to the audience. Britt claims that she is pregnant with his child. It was later revealed that the baby was not Patrick's or Britt's but Dante and Lulu Falconeri's.
- Luke and Laura Spencer were not involved or present at the Nurses' Ball due to their daughter, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri being kidnapped. Lulu's husband, Dante Falconeri was also absent.
The Ball aired May 8-13, 2014 and is chaired by Lucy Coe during most of the Ball and the rest by Felix DuBois. Yoplait Greek Yogurt sponsored the Ball. Lucy had eight gown changes throughout the event. After missing her cue to go back on stage, Lucy's affair with Scott Baldwin is revealed, (as she is seen kissing him) as well as her underwear.
Shown on May 8, 2014
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances.
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Elizabeth Webber, and Felix DuBois are included in the opening number, a performance to a song by Molly Lansing-Davis and T.J. Ashford, but it was interrupted by Dr. Liesl Obrecht and a few other nurses, preforming Willkommen from Cabaret. It was so appalling and such a surprise that when it was over no one applauded.
Shown on May 9
- Kiki & Friends (Elizabeth Webber, Lucas Jones, Felix DuBois and T.J. Ashford) performs to Raise Your Glass by Pink.
- Eddie Maine sings You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth by Meat Loaf.
- Evil Luke sings I Am What I Am by Jerry Herman, before proposing that he and Tracy Quartermaine get married at the Nurse's Ball. They are married by Lucy, with Lulu and Ned as witnesses.
- Magic Milo and the Magic Wands (Nathan West, Lucas Jones, Felix DuBois, Michael Corinthos and T.J. Ashford) perform a striptease to You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC.
Shown on May 12
- Blackie Parrish was supposed to perform, but had to back out due to a scheduling conflict. Brad Cooper fills in at the last minute, singing Brokenhearted by Karmin.
- Mac Scorpio performed stand-up comedy jokes with his puppet, Mr. Marbles. The performance was cut short by Epiphany Johnson who destroyed the puppet mid-performance.
- The Haunted Starlets (Sam Morgan, Maxie Jones, Molly Lansing-Davis, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri and Kiki Jerome) perform to the song I Love It by Icona Pop.
- Arranged by Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Eddie Gomez, a Haunted Star singer, performed the song Criminal Love with Lucas Jones on the drums and T.J. Ashford on the keyboard.
- Cameron Spencer and Emma Scorpio-Drake dance the tango. The dance is interrupted by Spencer Cassadine, when he introduces Player with Ron Moss, who sing Baby Come Back.
Shown on May 13
- Molly Lansing-Davis, T.J. Ashford & Friends (which included Kate Grahn, the real-life daughter of Nancy Lee Grahn, who plays Alexis) perform to the song Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode.
- Nurse Sabrina Santiago was supposed to perform but couldn't due to her premature son being in the NICU. Instead, Emma Scorpio-Drake takes her place and sings a song called Little Things, which was dedicated to her father, Patrick, her mother figure, Sabrina and her baby brother.
- Olivia Falconeri was supposed to do a routine as "The Bensonhurst Medium" again but due to her leaving the ball early because of her fight with Sonny she couldn't. Instead, Dr. Liesl Obrecht, as Adele Dazeem, sings a song, she dedicated to her children, Britt and Nathan, called Always on my Mind.
- Epiphany Johnson sings You're Not Alone. Patrick and Sabrina sing the song at the same time to their son.
- Carly Corinthos-Jacks and Franco were not present at the Nurses' Ball due to them going on the run to avoid having to give A.J.'s phone to Anna.
- Dr. Patrick Drake and Nurse Sabrina Santiago were not present at the Nurses' Ball due to their premature son being in the NICU.
- Brad Cooper, Dr. Britt Westbourne, Maxie Jones, Levi Dunkleman, Nikolas Cassadine and Spencer Cassadine were all late arrivals to the ball after watching it on television before deciding to attend.
- Felix DuBois and Lucas Jones arrive at the Nurses' Ball without dates so they decide to walk the red carpet together.
- Sonny Corinthos and Olivia Falconeri were suppose to go together but didn't because they were fighting.
- Ned Ashton, Michael Corinthos and Kiki Jerome oust Tracy and Fluke from ELQ, making Michael the new CEO.
- Lucy's affair with Scott is revealed to everyone at the Nurses' Ball as well as her underwear. Lucy and Scott are talking backstage when she misses her cue to go back on stage and sadly the curtain is raised and Lucy, in her underwear, is caught kissing Scott. Lucy runs after Kevin and Felix steps in as master of ceremonies for the rest of the ball. Kevin and Lucy ended up breaking up.
- There was suppose to be a number after Obrecht but Sabrina was suppose to sing it and since she couldn't Lucy was going to fill in for her but Lucy couldn't either so they just skipped it.
The Ball aired May 1-5, 2015 and is chaired by Lucy Coe. Aveeno sponsored the Ball. Lucy missed her cue again this year and the curtain when up while she was talking to Duke, in her underwear.
Shown on May 1
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances.
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Elizabeth Webber, Felix DuBois, and Sabrina Santiago are included in the opening number, a performance to a song by Molly Lansing-Davis and T.J. Ashford. Unlike last year, Obrecht let them finish the opening number before singing her song.
- Dr. Liesl Obrecht sings a song called 99 Red Balloons (In German 99 Luftballoons) by Nena. During the song she is popping red balloons.
- Ric Lansing sings a slow tempo version of the song Marry You by Bruno Mars, as a marriage proposal to Elizabeth Webber. During his performance, Ric is exposed by Carly and Pete (fake Jake in the wedding photos) for hiring Hayden to pretend to be Jake/Jason's wife. Elizabeth got up and left and Ric chased after her. Brad Cooper took over for Ric after everyone insisted and sang a faster version of the same song and proposed marriage to Lucas Jones and he said yes.
Shown on May 4
- Magic Milo and the Magic Wands (Nathan West, Lucas Jones, Felix DuBois, Michael Quartermaine and T.J. Ashford) perform a striptease to New Senstation by INXS.
- The Haunted Starlets (Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Maxie Jones, Sabrina Santiago, Sam Morgan, Ellie Trout and Valerie Spencer) perform to the song Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor.
- Cameron Spencer and Emma Scorpio-Drake dance the tango. The dance is cut short by Spencer Cassadine, when he drops sand bags on the stage.
- Duke Lavery and Anna Devane dance the tango.
- Patrick Drake and Emma Scorpio-Drake perform a duet to Nothing I Can't Do by Jason Thompson (the actor who played Patrick).
Shown on May 5
- Eddie Maine sings Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen, with Sabrina Santiago, Felix DuBois and Epiphany Johnson as back up. He also dances with Olivia.
- Damian Spinelli sings It Might Be You by Stephen Bishop.
- Epiphany Johnson and Sabrina Santiago sing You're Not Alone. During the song, everyone in the audience goes up on stage.
- Carly Corinthos-Jacks and Sonny Corinthos were suppose to walk the red carpet together but Sonny decided not to attend because he was upset about having to withdraw his custody suit (that's what Carly told Ric).
- Kristina Corinthos-Davis was supposed to attend the Ball but ended up not being able to.
- Morgan Corinthos was not present at the Ball either.
- Mac and Felicia Scorpio were not present at the Ball (They were watching their granddaughter, Georgie, so her parents, Maxie and Spinelli could attend the Ball).
- Brad Cooper did not walk the red carpet and was late to the the Ball because he wanted to watch the red carpet appearances on T.V. with Britt like they did last year.
- Felix DuBois and Lucas Jones walk the red carpet together again this year but only as friends because Lucas is in love with Brad.
- Dr. Britt Westbourne was not present at the Nurses' Ball due to being a fugitive.
- Nathan West and Ellie Trout attend the Nurses' Ball together as friends to make Maxie Jones and Damian Spinelli jealous.
- Spinelli steps on the back of Maxie's dress and she falls thus making her red carpet road kill.
- Milo Giambetti and Epiphany Johnson do not walk the red carpet but they do perform at the Ball.
- Elizabeth breaks up with Ric for good due to all of his lying and scheming.
- Carly also kicks Ric and Hayden out of her hotel for good.
- Nikolas tells Elizabeth that Jake is really Jason.
- Spencer Cassadine did not walk the red carpet and was late to the the Ball because he didn't want to show his face but decided to go after a visit from Britt. (The Phantom of the Nurses' Ball)
- The Haunted Starlets performed again this year but without Kiki Jerome (who didn't attend) or Molly Lansing-Davis, who were replaced by Ellie Trout and Sabrina Santiago and with a sixth dancer, Valerie Spencer.
- After the incident with the sand bags, Dante, Lulu and Valerie take Spencer home and Valerie stays with him. He also gets a visit from his mother.
- Dante and Lulu never went back to the Ball and Alexis and Julian missed the rest of it because Molly had a melt down about Ric.
- Lucy missed her cue again this year and the curtain when up while she was talking to Duke, in her underwear.
- Elizabeth decides to get up on stage and to tell everyone that Jake is Jason but changes her mind because she wants a happy ending with Jason.
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances with it being hosted by Donny Sheldon and co-hosts, "GMA" correspondent, Abbie Boudreau and Editor-in-Chief of Crimson, Nina Reeves.
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Felix DuBois, Bobbie Spencer, Amy Driscoll, Drs. Andre Maddox, Lucas Jones and Lab manager/phlebotomist Brad Cooper are included in the opening number rap.
Shown on May 25
- Emma Scorpio-Drake and Eddie Maine perform a duet to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee.
- Jake Spencer sings This Changes Everything by Chris Ryan (the song ends up as a duet with Franco as Jake gets stage fright).
- Magic Milo and the Magic Wands (Felix DuBois, Dillon Quartermaine, Griffin Munro, Curtis Ashford) perform a striptease to Devil in Disguise.
Shown on May 26
- Dillon Quartermaine and Kiki Jerome perform a duet to Stitches by Shawn Mendes.
- Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Maxie Jones, Epiphany Johnson, Valerie Spencer and Amy Driscoll perform to Doctor's Orders.
- Epiphany Johnson, Sabrina Santiago and Amy Driscoll sing You're Not Alone.
- Maxie Jones walked the red carpet with Griffin Munro because her then fiancé (now husband), Nathan West was recovering from brain surgery.
- Elizabeth Webber was suppose to be in the opening number but twisted her ankle.
- Dante Falconeri and Lulu Spencer-Falconeri do not walk the red carpet this year.
- Laura Spencer arrives at the Ball late.
- Elizabeth Webber left the Ball early with her son, Jake and never returned.
- Julian Jerome, Alexis Davis, T.J. Ashford and Molly Lansing-Davis did not attend the ball.
- Sonny Corinthos, Michael Quartermaine and Morgan Corinthos (he was given a day pass from Freedman) arrived at the Ball late. After witnessing Kiki and Dillon kissing, Morgan decided to go back to the clinic and his parents decided to take him so they never returned to the Ball.
- Nikolas Cassadine left the Ball early, as did Jason and Sam Morgan.
- Brad Cooper and Lucas Jones were suppose to get married right before Dillon and Kiki's number but didn't because Lucas wasn't there as he was in the hospital after taking his mother there and his heart mysteriously stopped but he was revived.
- Liesl Obrecht was kidnapped by masked men (dancers in the Ball) and tied to a toilet so she couldn't disrupt the Ball.
- Sabrina Santiago showed up in time to sing You're Not Alone but was then arrested for aiding and abetting the now deceased, Carlos Rivera.
The Ball aired on May 23-25, 2017 and is chaired by Lucy Coe. Burts Bees sponsored the Ball this year. This year Lucy doesn't end up in her underwear nor does Obrecht crash the Ball.
Shown on May 23
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances with it being co-hosted by EXTRA host, Mario Lopez and Editor-in-Chief of Crimson, Nina Reeves
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Felix DuBois, Bobbie Spencer, Amy Driscoll and Deanna Sirtis headline a performance of You're Not Alone with other General Hospital nurses for the opening number.
Shown on May 24
- Emma Scorpio-Drake, Nurse Amy Driscoll, Kristina Corinthos-Davis and Officer Valerie Spencer sing and perform a dance routine to Brave by Sara Bareilles.
- Valentin Cassadine sings And So It Goes by Billy Joel and dedicates the song to estranged wife, Nina.
- Josslyn Jacks sings It's Not Over Yet by Eden McCoy (the actress who plays Josslyn).
Shown on May 25
- Ned Quartermaine and Olivia Falconeri sing and perform a dance routine to Faith by George Michaels.
- Dillon Quartermaine and Kiki Jerome perform to Modern Love by David Bowie.
- Nurses Epiphany Johnson, Felix DuBois, Bobbie Spencer, Amy Driscoll and Deanna sing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen for the finale. During the song, everyone in the audience holds up a candles and formed a circle.
- Also during the final act, Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake gives the keynote address via video.
- Mario Lopez's daughter, Gia and mother-in-law walk the red carpet.
- Sam Morgan, Kiki Jerome (who also arrived late and therefore didn't walk the red carpet), Dillon Quartermaine (who also didn't walk the red carpet), Kristina Corinthos-Davis (who also didn't walk the red carpet) and Michael Quartermaine left the ball early.
- Josslyn Jacks called her brother Michael and left the phone on speaker during her performance so he and Nelle Benson, who was in the hospital, could hear her sing.
- Ned Quartermaine and Olivia Falconeri arrived late to the ball.
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine, Julian Jerome, Alexis Davis, Dr. Hamilton Finn, Hayden Barnes, Dr. Lucas Jones, Brad Cooper, T.J. Ashford and Molly Lansing-Davis did not attend the ball.
- Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake did not attend the ball because she was heavily pregnant with her second child, but she still gave a speech via video.
- Mac Scorpio did not attend the ball as he was keeping an eye on Robin making sure she stayed put.
- Both Det. Nathan West and Nurse Amy Driscoll originally showed alone but ended up walking the red carpet together.
- The General Hospital nurses performed the majority of their opening number pre-recorded at GH and finished up the performance on-stage during the ball.
- Elizabeth Webber wasn't included in the opening number this year.
- Jake Spencer was supposed to perform a major trick but cancelled his performance.
- Dr. Liesl Obrecht was scheduled to perform, but Valentin Cassadine took her spot instead.
- Ava Jerome was supposed to be recognized on-stage for her large donation in but was a no-show. Instead of being recognized, Ava was trying to leave the ball early and escape from Sonny and Carly Corinthos, whom just discovered that Ava switched their son, Morgan's meds and they left the ball early to confront her.
- This is the first Nurses' Ball since the 2013 reboot that did not feature a performance by Magic Milo and the Magic Wands.
The Ball aired May 16-21, 2018 and is chaired by Lucy Coe. Olay sponsored the Ball this year. This year Lucy doesn't end up in her underwear nor does Obrecht crash the Ball.
Shown on May 16
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances with it being co-hosted by former Bachelor, Nick Viall and Editor-in-Chief of Crimson, Nina Reeves.
Shown on May 17
- The Nurses' sing the song Everyday People.
- Det. Chase preforms to the song Feel It Still.
Shown on May 18
- Ned Quartermaine and Olivia Falconeri perform to the song (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, & Understanding.
- Oscar Nero and Josslyn Jacks preform to the song I Never Knew.
- Valentin Cassadine sings The Book of Love and dedicates the song to estranged wife, Nina.
Shown on May 21
- Mike Corbin starts singing The Summer Wind but forgets the lyrics so his son, Sonny Corinthos steps in and it becomes a duet.
- Ava Jerome sings the song You Don't Own Me.
- The Nurses' perform I'll Be Your Champion.
- On May 17, Curtis proposes to Jordan and she says yes.
- On May 17, Alexis, Anna and Finn accept awards.
- On May 21, Nathan and Maxie's son, James was born after Maxie left the Nurses' Ball.
- On May 23, Griffin Munro and Kiki Jerome go up to a room after the ball, drink and dance, and end up having sex.
The Ball aired May 16-22, 2019 and is chaired by Lucy Coe.
Shown on May 16
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances with it being co-hosted by Editor-in-Chief of Crimson, Nina Reeves and East Coast fashion editor of Crimson, Sydney Val Jean.
Shown on May 20
- The nurses perform the traditional opening number; including Bobbie Spencer, Epiphany Johnson, Felix DuBois, Amy Driscoll, and Deanna Sirtis belting out Best of My Love by The Emotions, changing it to Best of Our Love.
- Chase, with a team of backup dancers, sings a rendition of Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers. Willow Tait reluctantly took to the stage to join him for the end of the song.
Shown on May 21
- Liesl Obrecht began singing the Barbara Streisand classic Guilty with an unseen male dancer singing the Barry Gibb parts before he was revealed to be Franco Baldwin.
- Cameron Webber performed a song called North Star penned by William Lipton (his portrayer). Accompanying the tune was a montage of images of Cameron and his loved ones, including the late Oscar Nero.
- Ava Jerome she specifically selected Frankie Valli’s Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You as part of her plan to taunt Ryan Chamberlain and lure him back to Port Charles. She sang, not know he was backstage.
Shown on May 22
- Ned and Olivia perform Get Closer by Seals and Croft.
- Valentin Cassadine sang Nothing Without You by Vienna Teng, dedicating it to his love, Nina Reeves.
- A break with the tradition of the nurses closing song, Josslyn Jacks sang, A List of Things to Do. She was reluctant at first, but was persuaded to honor Oscar’s last wish, to sing the song they composed on stage in front of everyone.
- On May 21, Finn proposes to Anna, who accepts
- On May 21-22, Ryan knocked Scott Baldwin unconscious, then knocked his twin brother Kevin unconscious and left him hanging from the roof of the Nurse's Ball stage
The Ball aired August 18-21, 2020 and is chaired by Lucy Coe. Nina Reeves and Carly Corinthos interviewed the red carpet arrivals for WXPC.
This year it is held as a telethon, to support front-line workers. This change receives the blessing of Robin Scorpio-Drake, who has a special connection to the Ball.
Shown on August 18
- Port Charles makes red carpet appearances with it being co-hosted by Editor-in-Chief of Crimson, Nina Reeves and Metro Court Hotel owner Carly Corinthos interviewing all the volunteers for the charity telethon - appearing in their "volunteer" white t-shirts.
Shown on August 19
- Nurses Epiphany, Felix and Amy open the ball with a short speech thanking doctors, nurses and first responders while Lucy encourages donations to help support front-line workers.
- Cyrus Renault interrupts the program to share words about his new position as chairman of the GH board.
- Josslyn, Trina and Cameron perform The Places We Could Go, an original song written by William Lipton, the actor who plays Cameron.
- Jax and Nina perform a dance routine to She.
Shown on August 20
- Ned and Olivia perform a duet to Lead Me Back to You, written by Laura Alt and Adonis Tsilimparis.
- Valentin performs Can You Feel Me?, written by James Patrick Stuart, the actor who plays Valentin, with a band and David and Tiffany Spencer providing backup vocals.
Shown on August 21
- Anna gives a speech about her daughter Robin's HIV diagnosis and struggles, and how important it is to help.
- Nurses Epiphany, Amy and Deanna perform Falling by Madison Malone, who performed with them as Nurse Madison.
- On August 19, Backstage, Maxie accidentally reveals to everyone that she is pregnant after a microphone malfunction before her Deception Cosmetics pitch.
- On August 19, Lulu walks in as Brook Lynn becomes emotional and kisses Dustin backstage in a green room.
- On August 19, while at the ball, Jordan gets a call and goes to Pier 55 to meet Marcus Taggert who faked his death to protect his daughter.
- On August 20, Nikolas announces two donations and the creation of a scholarship for nurses. "The Elizabeth Webber Scholarship", named in her honor. His wife, Ava is stunned, Elizabeth is pleased, and her husband Franco is annoyed.
- On August 20, Nelle blackmails and threatens Julian into sneaking into the Quartermaine Mansion and kidnapping her son. Brook Lynn overhears, and Nelle attacks her face with scissors.
- On August 20, Elizabeth overhears Ava tell Nina that if Nikolas cheats on her, it activates an infidelity clause in their prenup, and she gets 90% of the Cassadine fortune. She tells her husband Franco, who is convinced that Nikolas is the one to blame.
- On August 21, Olivia is thrilled when Robert tells her that he will be able to sneak her into the Geneva WSB facility, to visit her son Dante.
- On August 21, Lulu and Dustin find Brook Lynn unconscious from being stabbed and get her help.
- On August 21, Julian appears to kidnap Wiley on Nelle's orders, then holds her at gunpoint as he's tired about being blackmailed.
On July 2, 2021, Britt says the Nurses Ball would be in the fall but it never happened (most likely because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic).
It is currently unknown if the Nurses Ball will happen this year.
- Was played by Kristen Alderson at the time.
- On April 29, Sam offers Jason (Jake) two tickets to the Nurses' Ball and mentioned to him that her sister, Kristina was suppose come.